Author Topic: BnZ problems  (Read 2809 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: BnZ problems
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 10:40:34 AM »
Like kingcobra said, heaven forbid you learn to fight!! Insert googly eyes here (on blackberry and I can do them)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 05:03:34 PM »

Pilots tend to repeat their evasive maneuvers. Often I'll make a pass at a person with the sole intent of learning their tells.

so so many in the arenas overlook this one very important mannerism.......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »
Haven't seen ya in a while deeconx! From my perspective the most important thing in BnZ is gunnery. You gotta be able to anticipate your opponent's move base on speed and their options to manuever. Once you figure that out you just learn to set it up. When you do it long enough you'll be able to predict exactly where your opponent's is gunna be within next 5 seconds. Then you'll just gotta be able to point your bullets at that 5 seconds mark, that's the hardest part too. Puttings them rounds on target doing 400-500 w/ 1-2 seconds time frame to shoot. Just PM me, I have a few films for ya.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 03:14:52 PM »
Just to mention one more thing that I didn't see here. The essence of BnZ and any energy tactic is to conserve your E and encourage your opponent(s) to blow theirs.

This means that normally you should be economical in your control inputs. All control inputs, no matter how small, chisel away at your available E. All control inputs are not created equal. Things that tend to present the flat surfaces of either the wings or the fuselage, like pulling on the stick or slipping by holding the rudder, eat up more speed and energy by creating drag. You also lose E by pulling high Gs (essentially increasing the force of gravity if your are familiar with the 4 force of flight). Pure aileron rolling tends to eat up less energy in comparison.

This means that pulling out or turning hard tend to bleed E quicker. You want to hold that to the minimum necessary, which calls for a little planning and anticipation in your attack and egress routing. As you alt out, avoid a lot of turning and changes of direction. If you need to keep bad guys in sight, a bit of judicious rolling should give you vision without cutting into your E.

I've seen a number of people blow impressive E advantages by keeping their plane under a G load all the time and I'm betting that a good number of them are not aware of the effects of maintaining high G all the time.

I hope that helps!
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2010, 07:25:55 PM »
Ack Ack prolly gave the best summation. The thing about keeping the pressure on is not allowing them to regain any usable E. If they manage this they will most likely just turn in and HO. Watch for this and be prepared to go into a rope.

BnZ has been a very useful tactic currently in the AvA where the brits have the turners but the Axis has the speed and climbers. DO NOT lose your patience and get sucked into turning with a more agile bird. More agile generally means slower with a more poor climb. Fight to your advantages not the opponent's.

Oh yeah, and discretion is most definately the better part of valor.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2010, 01:38:33 PM »
Don't dive AT him, head for behind below him, get into his blind spot. Close the distance, then attack going back up.

For one it will help you control your closure speed. For another if you miss your not in front of his guns.
And while it won't fool them all, a significant portion will lose track of you in their blind spot.
Giving you that chance to make a perfect pass.

I see Bozon beat me too it. :)

What both yall said---historically my biggest failing
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2010, 02:47:44 PM »
I was in a Spit XVI last week BnZing a Hurri IIC.  I had pinged him a couple of times on repeated quick passes and then climbed a bit to regain lost E.  I came back in a hard fast dive over the enemy GV base and just as I reached guns range one of the flaks on the field must have given him a check 6.  He started rolling and flipping eratically (doing the flopping fish manouver) and must have put it into an unrecoverable spin because he augered giving me the kill.   :)

OK, back on topic.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2010, 05:33:34 PM »
Lotta the furball lake graduates do similar--most popular seems to be the 'windmill' with the stick :joystick:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/