Author Topic: Why BnZ is not my style  (Read 5862 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Why BnZ is not my style
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 08:05:47 PM »
:headscratch:

51 compresses easy? 

Yea, all you have to do is to be 20k, dive with WEP and watch the spectacular crash. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 08:13:49 PM »
Yea, all you have to do is to be 20k, dive with WEP and watch the spectacular crash. 

:lol

I can see that but only that, even then add a bit of trim....

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 08:18:57 PM »
The way I use BnZ is like a club, I pound my opponent down and down and down.  I force him to convert his altitude into E in order to dodge me, eventually he either tries to hang onto too much E or he runs out of "down" and I bleed him of the rest of his E and kill him.  You can't do that if you are not aggressive as the target will rebuild its E while you p u s s yfoot around with silly "extending".  Maintain your E advantage by not bleeding it out for low chance shots, but press the target and make him spend his E to dodge as you climb back above him only to drop back down like a hammer on his nail.  Make him bleed it out like that and soon you are rewarded with a shot that is not a low chance shot as he gets desperate and does something reckless or simply runs out of the E needed to dodge effectively.

This is exactly how I do it too. BnZ is really just one facet of E fighting.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 11:02:38 PM »
This is exactly how I do it too. BnZ is really just one facet of E fighting.

That was far too short a reply from you.   :D
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 12:33:53 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

On a serious note; when a person posts a question which is to stupid to respond to with a serious answer, trolling is the only viable option.

ok
frogs are people too

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 06:18:23 AM »

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 07:22:06 AM »
How do you figure the P-51 has poor handling at speed?  So far as I have been able to tell, the P-51D is quite probably the best piston engined fighter as far as handling at very high speeds goes.  Certainly I've never had a compression problem with it.

at high speeds the p51 is definitely not the best. jug, hog, typh/temp, 190/152 to name a few that handle a lot better at high speeds. i'd be much more worried about a diving jug, hog, or typh than i would a pony.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 08:01:35 AM »
I have been playing AH2 for about 2 1/2 years now and as far as I can make out BnZ is my least favourite tactic.

I would like to say that its because I am a knight of the air and like to do battle with dignity but such is not the case. It is because it is just too difficult.

WW2 Aircraft have such low tolerance to speed and G-Force that with combat you only have one chance to pull off a succesful attack.

Now the ratio changes with the aircraft your flying, the P-51 seems to be the worst choice and yet it is used by so many for this purpose. It is an unstable firing platform and compresses easily. And if that werent enough the 50's do little damage unless a decisive burst finds its mark.

The Typhoon and Tempest are the best at this role, the Hispano cannons have brilliant ballistics and do tonnes of damage with just one hit and both aircraft have high tolerence to speed and G.

So with all this in mind, why do so many follow this tactic, well my response would be that they do not know the performance of their aircraft and the little tricks assocsiated with it to fight in a turn or E battle.

So it seems that the most difficult tactic is by far the easiest.

Any thoughts?

i've always sucked at BnZ'ing. 

when it comes down to it, you have time to aim on a bnz pass......and when i've got time to actually aim, i generally couldn't hit water if i fell out of a boat.

i just like to get in and fight.,,,,,,win, lose, don't care,,,,,,,just like fighting.

the above, is of course when i can get in there........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 09:34:22 AM »
I've always found the Ki-61 to be excellent at high speeds.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 10:13:55 AM »
I've always found the Ki-61 to be excellent at high speeds.   
I agree it is one of the best at diving and reaching crazy speed, will start to compress around 400 but can be manuevered to stop compression rather easily.
BTW. I don't ever recall compressing in a pony. 262, 38 absolutely . Yes, I did compress 262,lol.

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2010, 10:20:37 AM »
that hoover will get away from you pretty quick if you are not careful ...

Yes, I did compress 262,lol.

THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2010, 02:05:16 PM »
I agree it is one of the best at diving and reaching crazy speed, will start to compress around 400 but can be manuevered to stop compression rather easily.
BTW. I don't ever recall compressing in a pony. 262, 38 absolutely . Yes, I did compress 262,lol.

<S> Oz

:rofl  i pretty much lawn dart every 262 i take up :cry

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2010, 03:23:14 PM »
Bnz for a simple manner of explanation. Bounce from on high take a shot climb above if they dont follow up to stall and die bounce again if you ever let the opponent beyond 2.5k out your doing it badly! 109's spits and jazz only need a little room to get back the e and win! DONT LET THEM BREATH! STAMP ON THEIR HEAD TILL THEY PUSH DAISIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2010, 05:04:47 PM »
That's "you're". It's short for "you" and "are" combined. Your is possessive which begs the question, "Your Gay what?"

right palef what i meant was...
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2010, 05:20:39 PM »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek