Author Topic: TOPGUN acm  (Read 8272 times)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: TOPGUN acm
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 06:00:05 PM »
Personally, SA and timing are the best things a pilot can use to do just about anything. People can get by with one or the other, but the best know how to use both.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 06:02:58 PM »
read very carefully.... THERE ARE NO SPECIAL MOVES ! The links people have given you ...and you keep fluffing off....are THE moves.

Practice is the only thing that will "get that guy off your tail".

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 07:27:20 PM »
Try reading the book No Guts No Glory by Frederick Blesse. There is a lot of good stuff in there.

If you want tactics for AH2 topgun is probably not what you want. Topgun covers tactics for heavy highspeed jets not light single engine piston driven fighters. Plus I bet the actual stuff that they teach in topgun is classified.
That's not the point TOPGUN I say is just a advanced level of dogfighting. I've been in this game awhile doing that the same stuff isn't enough. I gotta step it up,the basic merge just isn't gonna cut it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:31:02 PM by stealth »
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 07:29:26 PM »
You are wrong. The best pilots do not make a lot of fancy moves - they actually tend to make very simple ACM, but do the correct ACM in the right time and the right way. On top of that, if you are good and know what you are doing, you will not even NEED fancy ACM.

Also, do not et too hyped over top-gun. They still do pretty basic, small scale dogfighting. It is just that the other pilots do not do even that.
Yes,true but the way I see it the,maneuvers are simple but brilliant.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 09:00:56 PM »
That's not the point TOPGUN I say is just a advanced level of dogfighting.
they train harder hence they "advance" it further, ask 1Duke1, Mace ( Mace2004 ), eagl or any others who are actual Military Jet Fighter pilots who play this game

I've been in this game awhile doing that the same stuff isn't enough. I gotta step it up,the basic merge just isn't gonna cut it.

U got to "P-E-R-F-E-C-T" your merge and then build on your ability from there........ prob 90% of the fights are won from whoever gains angle advantage 1st on the MERGE.....

early bird gets the worm, stealth..... you say you been in this game awhile, and not to be rude, but I been doing this game since 1999, and did AW, FA, CFS  & WB and 3 or 4 others before AH ( and still during  )......and I still learn things, heh, probally things I have done learned before and forgot 20 times over but I still learn stuff

there is no magic moves, no tricks, no gimmics......... it all boils down to one simple little thing

HOW FAR DO YOU WANT TO PUSH YOURSELF's ABILITY?   it is up to you and only you, in how far you want to advance your skill......... it is that simple....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 09:15:19 PM »
That's not the point TOPGUN I say is just a advanced level of dogfighting. I've been in this game awhile doing that the same stuff isn't enough. I gotta step it up,the basic merge just isn't gonna cut it.

All Topgun is is pushing the envelope. Using the same moves just running them out to the ragged edge. That what everyone tries to do here in this game is push it right to the edge. After all if you screw up you get another plane here.

Be sure you have stall limiter turned off in the game so that you CAN push the planes to the edge, then get with a trainer. They will spot where your making small mistakes that get you in that position where you start thinking "how do I get this guy off my tail?"

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »
Guys really I just made this post to see some new maneuvers to get a couple of ideas. Also to see some fighter formations that's it. Not if you ever use them or not.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 09:23:46 PM »
Yeah well,  we're clearly bored,  so thanks...
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 09:33:09 PM »
Guys really I just made this post to see some new maneuvers to get a couple of ideas. Also to see some fighter formations that's it. Not if you ever use them or not.

You must master the basics first, young grasshopper.  There are no magic advanced maneuvers that guys use that make them so good, it comes with practice and building off fundamental building blocks.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2010, 09:56:50 PM »
basically dont give him an easy shot.. make a small profile, and try to be turning into his flight path always.  Always be looking out of your plane at close targets, and move to make their shot difficult.

throttle control..

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2010, 10:01:41 PM »
You must master the basics first, young grasshopper.  There are no magic advanced maneuvers that guys use that make them so good, it comes with practice and building off fundamental building blocks.
Yes master,once I was student but now I am the master.(star wars)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2010, 10:35:08 PM »
You know what's funny is, who else pushes either 2, 4 or 6 at random to check their six, when their not playing the game? I do it almost non stop now lol, just turning into a habit.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2010, 10:45:14 PM »
Good habit during Aces High, bad habit during math homework!
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2010, 11:17:58 PM »
Just load some Kenny Loggins songs on your Ipod Stealth.  :aok

This message has been Tom Cruise approved!

POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2010, 12:35:02 AM »
Just load some Kenny Loggins songs on your Ipod Stealth.  :aok

This message has been Tom Cruise approved!

(Image removed from quote.)
You gotta love Tom Cruise and that reversal in the movie.