Author Topic: CAP's on the arenas  (Read 3911 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: CAP's on the arenas
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 08:22:17 AM »
Right now the Knights have 5 fields to their name in LW Blue. That's a result of milkers going unopposed.  So today I predict that most knights will want in orange, eny will be killer for rooks and bish in blue.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:25:36 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 09:26:40 AM »
Sure they took something....bases and strat. Here's my point. If you get discoed, logged off or whatever and have to go to LW Blue, alot of times you'll find that your back is against HQ because they've rolled up every base that can be rolled up, usually.

Cool! Me 163 time! Love it! :)

BTW, what about the milkers in EW & MW then? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 09:27:16 AM »
So today I predict that most knights will want in orange, eny will be killer for rooks and bish in blue.

Let's see what is in the envelope...(for the record you are probably right)
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010, 09:44:03 AM »
He is? I thought he was in New Jersey.   (Punctuation sure is fun)

I suppose you would rather us go out of business?

Read this, before you answer

I read through that Skuzzy, and based on Hitech's observation about player numbers I would agree you are making the correct decision with arena caps.  However, I'm just wondering if this has been a repeatable occurrence.  Do subscriptions decrease every time caps are pulled, and increase every time they are again created?  Was this a one time trend or is it repeatable?  I'm just curious if causation and correlation may be mixed up a bit, as other factors (advertising, time of the year, economy, etc) are all going to heavily factor into the size of the player base. 

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2010, 09:44:23 AM »
Right now the Knights have 5 fields to their name in LW Blue.
That's cos the cheeky gits rolled a CV right up to our HQ and took our lovely dar-bars away. Now they're getting spanked like naughty children should!
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 10:32:18 AM »
Cool! Me 163 time! Love it! :)

BTW, what about the milkers in EW & MW then? ;)
:rofl that's a whole new thread. Lets not go there  :eek:
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
That's cos the cheeky gits rolled a CV right up to our HQ and took our lovely dar-bars away. Now they're getting spanked like naughty children should!
HA! I took a Tempest over there and the milking lancs crash landed on the CV and a fellow countryman killed the CV right away. We took back the port,CV,A10&9 and captured 1 Vbase from the rooks. They were not defending so now that makes me a milker  :furious :furious tricky bastiges !           :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 02:07:44 PM »
No one can argue with the continued commercial success of the game.

I, for one, have enjoyed the lack of caps.  Especially after a disco, it is nice to jump back in without a cap block.

But, I played before, and I will continue to play. 

Shooting down waystin is worth the $15... :bolt:

If the caps help the business, then there is no argument.

Personally, I liked the lack of caps in the MAs, especially after a disco.

But, I am not going to quit with the caps back on.  It is worth $15 to shoot waystin down...  :neener:

I am losing my mind.  I posted the same message twice on two different days on two different boards.

At least I’m consistent… or waystin needs to get a restraining order on me.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 03:54:59 PM »
I am losing my mind.  I posted the same message twice on two different days on two different boards.

At least I’m consistent… or waystin needs to get a restraining order on me.

Kinky
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »
Booooo arena caps
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline goxwerd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2010, 11:53:46 PM »
it just needs some tweaking like i would love the large arenas but if it affects the business of AH then im for w/e makes this company win.

but right now it looks like arenas change as the # of totaly players are on..
which imo is good to open up new space but they contract too fast.

currently the main arena orange went up to 250/300 at peak but dropped and is now 176/100(cannot get in but has tons of players still) not sure what caused the cap to drop that low but that is just blah. because the other arena has nothing going on so anyone who logs on is basically going to just log off and come back later which results in lots of playersnot playing.

imo make the arenas reactive like they are but make them have a min ammount cap that they can drop to like 200.. going under 200 just is micromanaging too much and is more annoying imo.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2010, 12:29:37 AM »
See the thing is, yeah it can be nice at times to have the arena cap, but it can really mess up squad nights, the other night there was like 4-5 people in the other arena that took 30min-1 hour to get in our arena.

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2010, 01:41:09 AM »
Finally, Now maybe someone wont need to post 50+ plane horde missions NOE against undefended bases :noid

:aok I'M happy to see the caps back, after having the permanent titanic Tuesday its kinda nice at a slower pace again.

froger 
frogs are people too

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2010, 01:45:50 AM »
See the thing is, yeah it can be nice at times to have the arena cap, but it can really mess up squad nights, the other night there was like 4-5 people in the other arena that took 30min-1 hour to get in our arena.

-BigBOBCH

Simple, switch arenas.  We run into the same problem.  Push comes to shove, everyone switches to the other arena.  Problem solved  :aok

We might be running some missions, but bottom line we would rather be flying together. If that means moving to another arena..........OK!  We still have "FUN", and isn't that what it's all about?  Getting together with a bunch of "Fools" and having a good time?

<S>
Rokit
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2010, 01:56:47 AM »
What I haaaaaate about caps is the fact you can log on just about any time in any arena and its the same ol story. LWBlue=rook eny 15 with all nits in LWOrange and their ENY at 10 or so. Now before you light up them flamethrowers, hear me out.
Its not the ENY, I'm whining about, its not the "switch sides to find a better fight". The problem that I see is that for some reason the caps bring on the 2 countries fighting the 1 country that has the least amount of resistance.
So..do I join the horde and have to fight friendlies for a kill? or do I fight the horde and just get picked and HOd etc etc all night? Both of which are not fun.
For some reason the arena caps have brought this type of play back to the table. Which I have noticed having the big arena, even though having 300+ in orange and 20 in blue, the big arenas #s have always evened up and everyone attacking eachother a bit more tolerable then it is now

when the caps were not in place all i saw was hoards on all sides. so many on one mish, that if you flew in one, all you would get is your fellow comrades sending tracers through your plane just to get the kill and when you try to defend one, its just a pick fest. if everyone logs on and looks for the fight and they all go to a few jammed up bases it just turns into a cluster F*^%. at least with the caps it seems a bit more spread out.

also i think the game had a ton of lag and FR problems with no cap.

well done HTC  I'M happy the caps are back  :aok
frogs are people too