Author Topic: CAP's on the arenas  (Read 3910 times)

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
Re: CAP's on the arenas
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 08:00:01 PM »
And what was the problem with them?

LOL Lusche, actually not a thing Bro.  We would log into the arena and run interference at the undefended bases.  Once they saw there would be uppers, they'd move to another undefended base........and then so did we  :rofl

Had one nmy gent PM me asking me to stop fighting them so they could take the base......... :huh  When they saw it wasn't going to happen  :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: logged  :aok :rofl

No milkrunners......no fun, moved to other LW arena  :D

<S>
Rokit
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 09:15:24 PM »
Poor skuzzy doesnt get paid enough to babysit us tards. I bet he goes home and has nightmares about us.
We are like a bunch of   bebes kids

DEM BEBE KIDS'

Quote from: Skuzzy on Today at 05:16:31 PM

Where the *&^% is BEBE!!!!!

POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 09:26:06 PM »
What I haaaaaate about caps is the fact you can log on just about any time in any arena and its the same ol story. LWBlue=rook eny 15 with all nits in LWOrange and their ENY at 10 or so. Now before you light up them flamethrowers, hear me out.
Its not the ENY, I'm whining about, its not the "switch sides to find a better fight". The problem that I see is that for some reason the caps bring on the 2 countries fighting the 1 country that has the least amount of resistance.
So..do I join the horde and have to fight friendlies for a kill? or do I fight the horde and just get picked and HOd etc etc all night? Both of which are not fun.
For some reason the arena caps have brought this type of play back to the table. Which I have noticed having the big arena, even though having 300+ in orange and 20 in blue, the big arenas #s have always evened up and everyone attacking eachother a bit more tolerable then it is now
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 11:27:05 PM »
What I haaaaaate about caps is the fact you can log on just about any time in any arena and its the same ol story. LWBlue=rook eny 15 with all nits in LWOrange and their ENY at 10 or so. Now before you light up them flamethrowers, hear me out.
Its not the ENY, I'm whining about, its not the "switch sides to find a better fight". The problem that I see is that for some reason the caps bring on the 2 countries fighting the 1 country that has the least amount of resistance.
So..do I join the horde and have to fight friendlies for a kill? or do I fight the horde and just get picked and HOd etc etc all night? Both of which are not fun.
For some reason the arena caps have brought this type of play back to the table. Which I have noticed having the big arena, even though having 300+ in orange and 20 in blue, the big arenas #s have always evened up and everyone attacking eachother a bit more tolerable then it is now
That isnt a cap problem thats horde sqauds that like to attack undefended bases. The side with less personal has less watching for NOE raids :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 02:41:14 AM »
i love hordes in NOE.
get an LA7 up, find the goon(s) and watch 20+ dweebs fly around in futility.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 02:49:51 AM »
That isnt a cap problem thats horde sqauds that like to attack undefended bases. The side with less personal has less watching for NOE raids :aok
Im gonna be serious for a min. And no im not going to use the search opinion. Im too tired ans lazy right now. BUT
This is why i think HT should set a zone or base ENY in to place.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline KingRat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 03:41:13 AM »
I think somebody should slap a cap on WW1 arena number 1...say 6 people.  That would force the other 2 guys to go to arena 2 or 3.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 03:59:48 AM »

Its not about attacking undefended bases or NOE tactics.
What I'm getting at is for some reason because of the caps, there is a mass exodus of a country in one arena, while that same country will have the #s in the other. The country in both arenas that have the lesser of the other 2 now have the other countries trying to wipe them off the map, while the other fronts have almost nothing going on.

What I have seen with the one big arena is that you ll still get the NOEs, you will still get the hordes. You hardly see any front getting dominated. I think this is because if there are larger, more even #s on all sides, it evens things up and even if there is a horde somewhere, you will tend to get more support if you are on the receiving end of the horde.

I don't know why this happens, but it does. Personally I was much happier without the caps

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 04:03:04 AM »
Im gonna be serious for a min. And no im not going to use the search opinion. Im too tired ans lazy right now. BUT
This is why i think HT should set a zone or base ENY in to place.

Can you imagine the epic whines of "NOOBS..GO FLY SOMEWHERE ELSE, I WANT MY SPIXTEEN".

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 05:21:23 AM »
logged in today after getting out of work at 10 pst.  there was about 150 people playing.  I dont remember less than 250 at this hour while we had no cap.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 05:44:35 AM »
i dont have an issue with caps. just wish the maps would be better reflective of the avg amount of players in each. think the game play can get pretty watered down. especially during off peak when youre more likely to be chasing around milk runners who refuse to keep a sustained attack and instead move onto many other targets least likely to up a defense or be noticed.         its great and all the game is growing but how much of that is natural growth compared being just because of arena caps? im sure advertisement has much more to do with your growth than caps do considering there wasnt much of it prior to.    and also seems u have a high customer roll over rate considering there isnt that many players of old around. is that a good thing?  im obviously not an expert on the subject.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2010, 07:14:08 AM »
You mean all the Clam Humpers could fit into one arena?  :rofl
If the caps help the business, then there is no argument.

Personally, I liked the lack of caps in the MAs, especially after a disco.

But, I am not going to quit with the caps back on.  It is worth $15 to shoot waystin down...  :neener:
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2010, 07:34:22 AM »
The caps on arenas are a pain in the arse alot of times but I look at it like this, If HTC didn't have the caps in place, LW blue would have 10,15 or 20 players most of the day running milk missions and rolling undefended bases. The caps limit the time milkers, tool shedders and other point starved non fighting types have to do their thing, by shoving folks in there with them forcing them to face the enemy.

HTC has proven to me time and time again that there's a method to their madness and I've come to trust their judgement on this. Skuzzy posted something that HiTech said in regards to why they think the caps are important, and for me that's the final word. After all, it is their game and I've seen nothing but improvment in the short time I've been around.  So I just go with the flow and have fun doing it.  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2010, 07:43:51 AM »
If HTC didn't have the caps in place, LW blue would have 10,15 or 20 players most of the day running milk missions and rolling undefended bases. The caps limit the time milkers, tool shedders and other point starved non fighting types have to do their thing, by shoving folks in there with them forcing them to face the enemy.

The caps were never implemented to "force people to fight"

I don't understand this general obsession with milkers. What harm did that 10 guys in LWB do? Did they take anything away from those 150 guys in LWO?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2010, 08:07:51 AM »
The caps were never implemented to "force people to fight"

That may be, but that is what it has done IMO.

I don't understand this general obsession with milkers. What harm did that 10 guys in LWB do? Did they take anything away from those 150 guys in LWO?
[/quote]
Sure they took something....bases and strat. Here's my point. If you get discoed, logged off or whatever and have to go to LW Blue, alot of times you'll find that your back is against HQ because they've rolled up every base that can be rolled up, usually. The country with their backs to the wall lose interest in that map and try to get back to orange where they have 1/2 a chance at some kind of victory.
I'm not obsessed with milkers, hell I've milked a bit myself this tour, but what I don't like are the ones that do it unchecked with no enemy in the arena.
Lighten up Francis