Author Topic: CH Fighterstick repair  (Read 2379 times)

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
Re: CH Fighterstick repair
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 01:35:16 AM »
Reading is hard isn't it, check out the quote, they are talking about USB hook-ups and phones.

Especialy after 10 to many scotches (on vacation Bro).  My bad   :aok

<S>
Rokit
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 07:01:26 AM »
Hey if its busted up. I need a new 8 way hat and will buy one of em from ya.
CH dosnt sell the hat switches  :furious
Hey bud, a friend has blessed me today so I'm going to return the favor. PM me your address and I'll sent you my fighterstick, and I'll even pay for the shipping.
Other then a fryed circuit board, the thing is in great working order. I still even have to box it came in. I'll send it out this week if I get your addy.  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 07:13:12 AM »
Iphone??   :huh :huh :huh :huh

Have no idea what so ever what Iphone has to do with anything.

Uptown, my bad Bro.....you can without a doubt send your stick to CH for refurbis for a resonable fee.  Beats replacing hands down.  :huh

Iphone.......LMFAO!!!  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

<S>
Rokit

....yeah helps if you read a thread first and then comment...........

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2010, 10:09:16 AM »
Especialy after 10 to many scotches (on vacation Bro).  My bad   :aok

<S>
Rokit

:rofl In that case, drink one for me!  :aok Have fun
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 01:04:15 PM »
Here's a strange one for ya. I got to jonesin' for the game so I dug my X52 out and yep it's still junk, but for watermelon n grins I hooked the CH stick in, fired up the rig and it's working like a champ right now. I guess the time off did it some good. Either that or the Sioux medicine man I hired fixed it.  :headscratch:

CH Products rock  :rock
Lighten up Francis

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 01:27:29 PM »
Here's a strange one for ya. I got to jonesin' for the game so I dug my X52 out and yep it's still junk, but for watermelon n grins I hooked the CH stick in, fired up the rig and it's working like a champ right now. I guess the time off did it some good. Either that or the Sioux medicine man I hired fixed it.  :headscratch:

CH Products rock  :rock

perhaps unplugging it, and maybe turning the PC off and then restarting it at a later time may have reset the USB port / cleared the port from  some issue

did you perhaps do a "hard Boot" on the CH Fighter Stick?  did your controls all stay mapped? or did you have to re set the Stick back p  &/or Recalibrate it?

in any case, I am happy for you ~S~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 03:42:27 PM »
perhaps unplugging it, and maybe turning the PC off and then restarting it at a later time may have reset the USB port / cleared the port from  some issue

did you perhaps do a "hard Boot" on the CH Fighter Stick?  did your controls all stay mapped? or did you have to re set the Stick back p  &/or Recalibrate it?

No, I didn't do anything that I know of, except for let it sit in the closet for a week or so. Everything was still mapped and everything. I did recalibrate it, but i always do that when I log on anyway.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 05:25:19 PM »

The hard boots were for the legacy analog game port CH programmable sticks to clear out the keyboard buffer because Speedkeys would sometimes jam it.  Since the USB sticks are no longer the keyboard emulators the old CH programmable sticks used to be, there should be no reason for a hard boot and as such, don't think the USB CH sticks have that feature anymore.  At least the prototype USB CH Fighterstick and Combatstick that I still have, you can't do a hard boot on them.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2010, 05:21:45 PM »
I don't understand what TC meant by "hard booting".
Lighten up Francis

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2010, 08:15:47 PM »
I don't understand what TC meant by "hard booting".

back when CH had gameport CH products ( fighter Stick, Combat Stick, Flight stick, Pro Throttle, etc...) you could hold down (2) buttons during PC boot up and it would reset the programmed settings stored in memory back to a default setting

I just figured it might be worth a shot, since the new ( newer ones ) USB CH sticks also have onboard memory

back when the 1st USB CH Fighter Sticks came out, I was under the impression  ( from some other CH users ) that the new USB models of the Fighter stick did not have the 2 MB memory modules like the older gameport versions had... but now they do have some type of Memory storage built into them...... least according to CH Manager userguide/manual they do.....

hope I explained it ok for ya......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2010, 12:06:58 AM »
TY  :aok
Lighten up Francis