Author Topic: Fairwell  (Read 5544 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Fairwell
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2010, 10:26:22 AM »
I’m disappointed  at the lack of camaraderie displayed by many in the community.   Some seem almost glade that someone is leaving. It also appears that some wish that others would leave as well.   Everyone that leaves is just another nail in the coffin for Aces High
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2010, 10:30:24 AM »
I’m disappointed  at the lack of camaraderie displayed by many in the community.   Some seem almost glade that someone is leaving. It also appears that some wish that others would leave as well.   Everyone that leaves is just another nail in the coffin for Aces High

It sure does stink.

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2010, 10:56:16 AM »

Gaboon was a good squadie in the UNFORGIVEN, he just talked too much  :D
Anyway he has a deep personal attachment to WW2 and it is obvious he respects his Grandfather very very much! I think he will return in time, even if for only awhile :aok

As for those who bash him, I thinkl you peeps just can't disconnect "game" from "real life"! The bantor and instigation that goes on in the MA arenas really should not make it here! As I've said before "no matter what the grief is in the MA, I'm sure I could sit down with anyone of you and enjoy a beer and some good conversation" I think this goes for everyone!   I hope :aok

See ya Gaboon, I have left also yet I pop in now and then just to be a tard :aok   :rofl :rofl :rofl    :salute
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:58:18 AM by shreck »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2010, 11:12:59 AM »
I don't wish for anyone to leave the game and I hope my post didn't make you think that. But I can't stand by and say nothing when a friend and former squadie of mine gets bashed for no other reason than to follow the gang.

I've said alot of things on these boards that I regret, and I've lost a few friends doing it. No more will I agree will the "in" crowd just because I can. If I think someone is wrong, I'll call them on it and beat down the flames as best as I can. I haven't always done that in the past...and it bothers me.

I jumped on the bashing bandwagon when everyone (except Lyric) was hacking on Chalenge. I'm down right ashamed of myself for that, as he was one of the few the ever called me up on the phone to see if I was alright when I'd quit playing. I won't make that mistake again and turn my back on my friends. Life is too damned short and we all deserve a break once in awhile.

Sure, I love to troll and flamebait like most of us, but I have to draw the line this time. We all have our disagreements from time to time, but we're a pretty close community here and I'd like to think we can count on our friends for support in time of need.  :salute

Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2010, 11:14:31 AM »

Gaboon was a good squadie in the UNFORGIVEN, he just talked too much  :D
Anyway he has a deep personal attachment to WW2 and it is obvious he respects his Grandfather very very much! I think he will return in time, even if for only awhile :aok

As for those who bash him, I thinkl you peeps just can't disconnect "game" from "real life"! The bantor and instigation that goes on in the MA arenas really should not make it here! As I've said before "no matter what the grief is in the MA, I'm sure I could sit down with anyone of you and enjoy a beer and some good conversation" I think this goes for everyone!   I hope :aok

See ya Gaboon, I have left also yet I pop in now and then just to be a tard :aok   :rofl :rofl :rofl    :salute
:salute TY Shreck
Lighten up Francis

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2010, 11:40:04 AM »

It sure does stink.

(Image removed from quote.)

Your 100% right, my bad, I'm glad you pointed that out.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2010, 12:08:45 PM »

Sure, I love to troll and flamebait like most of us, but I have to draw the line this time. We all have our disagreements from time to time, but we're a pretty close community here and I'd like to think we can count on our friends for support in time of need.  :salute

I support this sentiment. I don't know Gaboon and my real reaction to his post can be found early in this thread - i.e., I disagree, but that doesn't necessarily make him a bad sort. My response to Max was as much a poke at the gratuitous write-down as at anything else. The emerging line from the posters was as unceremonious a denouncement as has been seen since Kruschev took over from Stalin, probably.

To be totally honest,  I have to say that I found it HILARIOUS the way people immediately started piling on. He became a "baboon", "whiner", "squeaker", etc. I doubt that people here honestly believe that his exit really implies that he's irredeemable human scum - at least I don't. But, there's something fun about being a part of such a group of combative a-holes.

You've got to admire their feistiness, in a way - and, trust me, I've been the butt before too. It's kind of like "Lord of the Flies", only, it's a bunch of adults and the island is a bbs.

Who's Jack? Probably Ack-Ack. Gaboon, of course, got to stand in as Piggy this week.

One collateral thought  -and it doesn't stand in Gaboon's favor: If Gaboon didn't want to risk taking fire, why post up his discontentedness right here on the bbs? It looks a bit like a messy self-immolation...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2010, 01:29:03 PM »
I quit threads are for the birds.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2010, 01:32:56 PM »
I quit threads are for the birds.

nyuk, nyuk.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2010, 03:07:23 PM »
me!! me!! me!! me!! lets make this game all about me or I'm taking my ball home!  :joystick: later dude... :rolleyes:

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
me!! me!! me!! me!! lets make this game all about me or I'm taking my ball home!  :joystick: later dude... :rolleyes:
you, you.....YOU PERVERT!
Lighten up Francis

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2010, 03:19:01 PM »

People leave all the time, I leave myself for periods of a month, a few months, a year, a few years. I don't expect HTC to start throwing dirt on their heads wailing and pull their hair out or anyone else in game for that matter. Nor would a post a goodbye as a public "I've cancelled my account" take that HTC  :rolleyes:.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 03:25:25 PM »
Quote from: uptown link=topic=287204.msg3javascript:void(0);642978#msg3642978 date=1271189760
you, you.....YOU PERVERT!

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouehiEXOJGY&feature=related
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:27:33 PM by pervert »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 03:30:40 PM »
I agree that bringing this to the boards is a bad idea. It's not good for anyone, but must everyone that does choose that route have to be put down and told about how much they suck? Why not a simple "later", or no post at all? Some manners would be nice on these boards every once in awhile, ya know.

I use to like Snoop Dogg till i seen that  :(

« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:34:07 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 03:38:42 PM »
I agree that bringing this to the boards is a bad idea. It's not good for anyone, but must everyone that does choose that route have to be put down and told about how much they suck? Why not a simple "later", or no post at all? Some manners would be nice on these boards every once in awhile, ya know.

I use to like Snoop Dogg till i seen that  :(

If I ever post a farewell thread in the GD, feel free to call me the biggest wuss boi pick tard to ever play the game.  :aok