Author Topic: La7 Fuel Load?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline l0newolf

• Zinc Member
La7 Fuel Load?
« on: April 12, 2010, 12:26:23 PM »
Hey guys, Good to be back on AH.  :)

I Have a Question about the La7, Is the Fuel Load really accurate? I mean 20 minutes with 75% fuel Wouldent have made it an effective fighter would it?  :headscratch:

Thanks  :salute

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: La7 Fuel Load?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »
Bases are closer in AH than in real life.  You really don't think in WW2, fighters took off and flew to enemy bases in 5 minutes do you?

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 12:39:11 PM »
That is a true assessment grizz. On the eastern front the Russian bases were sometimes not 5 minutes from the front. So the LA-7 did not have to accommodate a large fuel load. Also in the MA isn't the fuel burn 2 times the normal rate.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 12:46:24 PM »
That is a true assessment grizz. On the eastern front the Russian bases were sometimes not 5 minutes from the front. So the LA-7 did not have to accommodate a large fuel load. Also in the MA isn't the fuel burn 2 times the normal rate.

Yes Kilo. MA fuel burn is at 2x standard rate, so a 20 minute endurance IRL would be closer to a 40 minute endurance. Also remember that most aircraft RARELY flew at full throttle (except in combat), so that 40 minute endurance was likely closer to 60 with proper throttle/fuel management.
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 03:02:30 PM »
Fuel is scaled different in normal arenas then in FSO and Dueling arena.

In FSO on 100% fuel and DT in 109 you get like 4 1/2 hours of fuel lol

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 03:28:32 PM »
Keep your LaLa at normal power and max cruise and only use the extra throttle when you need it. 75% fuel at max cruise will give you more then enough time to rack up a few kills. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 05:54:35 PM »
Whether there is a base 2 sectors away or a furball 200 yards away, i always took 100%. So i cant help you. But i do love you
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 05:59:37 PM »
Whether there is a base 2 sectors away or a furball 200 yards away, i always took 100%. So i cant help you. But i do love you
I rarely ever go below 100% in a LA just because you really dont need to in that bird. Once shes up to speed in any fight below 10K, shes a monster.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 08:24:41 PM »
As far as I remember from the books that the La-7 pilots wrote, it has about 45minutes of fuel. I don't have the books with me now so I can not confirm. 
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 12:00:17 AM »
one very bright spot for the LA is that you could take 100% fuel to a fight and spend 20 min. with a well managed throttle and
if you can get away from the fight with 4 min. fuel remaining your still good, drop your RPMs all the way down and you have enough fuel to go 3 sectors. never did understand it but it sure is nice.

that is all,

froger
frogs are people too

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »
I rarely ever go below 100% in a LA just because you really dont need to in that bird. Once shes up to speed in any fight below 10K, shes a monster.

You forgot that LA's are altitude limited to 1000 feet and 1000 yards from the runway.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 06:57:04 PM »

109>LaLa
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 07:57:03 PM »
La7 seemed to be much more of a "superfastspitfire" before it was updated. After the 3D model update it was..... off. It was different. It couldn't pull as sharp angles, or had worse elevator authority, or SOME thing was just ever-so-slightly off IMO.

Some folks say they never noticed any difference. Other folks say they feel it, and it affects the plane negatively.

I fall into the second category. I believe HTC has said they didn't change anything (intentionally) but the end result seems to indicate maybe an unintentional change was made.

Or, perhaps the old La7 was just such low-fidelity flight modeling that once we got a "more realistic one" we were spoiled on the previous one? Maybe the update is more correct.

Oh well. With the UFO Mk.16 and the UFO Mk.8 there's no longer a horde of LA7s roaming around. You check the stats and the P-51, LA7, and N1k2 traded top 3 slots for a long long time, then the UFOs were released, and the LA7 dropped, replaced by the Spit16. Add the 16 and 8 usage numbers together (they are 99% the same in performance) and they have been the most used plane since they came out. More than the P-51, even! Nobody's going to blink at the La-7 anymore.

Heck, I don't even think derogatory names at incoming La-7 cons anymore when I see them. I think "Ahhh.. a worthy foe" now because I know the guy must really like the plane to still be flying it!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 08:02:10 PM »
109>LaLa
Id like to test this with you. Its just like a spit 16 vs 109, its just a better aircraft and it does give the weaker pilot an easier time. I hate when people say its all pilot not plane
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 11:30:24 PM »
Id like to test this with you. Its just like a spit 16 vs 109, its just a better aircraft and it does give the weaker pilot an easier time. I hate when people say its all pilot not plane

You really think the lala is like a spit16? (not trying to be a smart arse) I find it MUCH easier to fight a La7 than a Spit16. From what i notice when I fight these 2 planes, the spit will out turn the 109 at almost if not all speeds. The La7 on the other hand i feel that the faster it gets the wider it turns, and I mean its a huge difference.

When I have a spit16 latched on to my six I get that very hopeless feeling I'm about to get shot down, with the lala I never get that feeling. I always do the same thing, speed the fight up to 250+ mph and use the speed against the La, much easier if you have alt under you. A spiral dive will almost always push the La outside of your turn radius which is when i reverse and try to hop on him.

GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.