Author Topic: Timid  (Read 7109 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Timid
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2010, 11:30:17 PM »
Your 4 .50's never run out of ammo, that's why you don't have ot leave the fight. lol 

I fly til I die or run out of ammo.  I rarely run out of gas.

You've seen me shoot.  I can run out of ammo in a 38, although I usually die before it happens :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »
For me the timid guys are the ones who leave the fight to land their kills when there is still a fight to be had.  It isn't about broken birds, or out of ammo or fuel.  It's about being so concerned that folks will see your kills landed and give you a big attaboy, that you fly to avoid a fight you can't win for sure.

Bottom line is, whatever is fun for you is the way to fly. 
Bottom line i agree with and never doubted it... but are they really timid or just skilled enough to be able to know when to withdraw from a fight in order to survive? and also if the person lands with multiple kills wouldn't this mean he is actually a good pilot? for me timid would include if this said flyer left a fight while a teammate was being shot at or in need of assistance... THIS would be the timid aspect... If i ever land kills i make sure there's another flyer or two right next to me from the same fight landing at the same time. If i fail in saving them... well at least i tried and then i leave hopefully with enough room to extract myself from the ensuing danger around me from when i responded to a help call...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2010, 03:50:26 PM »
What is this "TIMID" yall talk about. I think I remember someone mentioning that in the past.   :D
325th Checkertails

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2010, 04:04:38 PM »
     Timid is letting someone's opinion dictate when you enter or leave a fight.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2010, 04:08:23 PM »
There's a first...quoted for truth.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2010, 04:11:51 PM »

YeeHaww!
325th Checkertails

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »

Sounds more like a cop-out.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2010, 04:37:08 PM »
Sounds more like a cop-out.

Do you let others dictate how you fly?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2010, 04:43:27 PM »
I do. Alot of times whos in a furball will dictate where I fly also. That's one of my biggest pet peeves about being in a squad.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »

Of course, for example.  If someone runs, I give chase.  If they stay and fight, I keel them or die trying.  If they gang me I egress.  
Most of the time their actions dictate my reaction and how I will respond, so yes you can say that others will dictate how I fly.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2010, 04:46:39 PM »
I think that's the reason we all like to fly online against real folks instead of some AI thing. You never know what to expect. It keeps things fresh and new.
Lighten up Francis

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2010, 04:48:40 PM »
others may dictate how you die, but your flying is all your own.  you can't put that on the other players.   no matter what they do, you still have choices
-AoM-

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2010, 05:05:34 PM »
others may dictate how you die, but your flying is all your own.  you can't put that on the other players.   no matter what they do, you still have choices

That's sig material right there. Damn Irish, didn't think you had it in ya.  :D

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2010, 05:05:49 PM »

Your correct.  But there is other choices than the default "avoid".  
Simply not engaging without overwhelming certainty of success in a kill and only while attaining all advantages isn't necessarily timid, but when and until they actually avoid someone that gains an equal advantage to give them a fight and avoids or flees, That's Timid.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
Your correct.  But there is other choices than the default "avoid".  
Simply not engaging without overwhelming certainty of success in a kill and only while attaining all advantages isn't necessarily timid, but when and until they actually avoid someone that gains an equal advantage to give them a fight and avoids or flees, That's Timid.

i'd have to agree
-AoM-