Author Topic: Fighter Ace 3 is going out of business!?!  (Read 13406 times)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Fighter Ace 3 is going out of business!?!
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2010, 10:16:56 AM »
Careful though when Skuzzy makes a sudden turn, would hate to see that neck of yours snap.

ack-ack

This post probably has some hidden meaning, but I am currently in the state of ignorance to its finer nuances; care to elaborate?

-Penguin

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2010, 10:24:08 AM »
I think he is referring to the Jekyll & Hyde thing.  On one hand I have a heck of a sense of humor and can be quite jovial and easy going, until the forum rules get violated.  Then I turn into your worst nightmare.  Violate them over the weekend, when we are closed, and I will be a complete arse about it.

It is pretty simple really.  I give what I get.  Show the forums and people no respect and expect none to come back at you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »
Not to side track the saving of an entire community but all this talk of Scarlett Johansson justifies a picture because pictures make threads interesting  :D

(Image removed from quote.)

Not that great looking.  Sorry bud, there's some retouching to be done on her skin.  The light, is terrible (almost like the headlights of a car  :uhoh ).  Finally, she looks like she's either drunk, high, or sleep deprived because of that glazed look in the eye.

-Penguin

Offline skopro

• Zinc Member
      • 308th Polish squadron
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2010, 10:53:18 AM »
Thanks, Sir!  I will take you up on that offer. I'm already digging all the AC data you guys make availalble.  I spent hours and hours flight testing AC in FA to build a solid data set and was not looking forward to doing it all over in AH. 

Are there posts that show recomended stick configs? We have a lot using X52s and 3d pros.   :salute

First off Welcome to the forums  :salute  second here are some sites you should check out if you want some comparison data.

http://netaces.org/  : good overall site with tactics and other links to get you started.

http://gonzoville.com/ahcharts/index.php   : really cool site thats easy to use in comparing FM data against planes.

http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm   :This one has model specific write ups that detail how to fight in/against other aircraft.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »
I think he is referring to the Jekyll & Hyde thing.  On one hand I have a heck of a sense of humor and can be quite jovial and easy going, until the forum rules get violated.  Then I turn into your worst nightmare.  Violate them over the weekend, when we are closed, and I will be a complete arse about it.

It is pretty simple really.  I give what I get.  Show the forums and people no respect and expect none to come back at you.

Aha!  That makes sense- nobody likes to work on their day off.  Yet trouble never rests, sleeps or recharges.

-Penguin

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2010, 12:32:19 PM »
Welcome to all the FA players.

I can relate to what you are going through. Like many other AW players I migrated to AH after AW was shut down.
The transition can take some time but the same basic fundamentals of aerial combat still apply.

AH has a good community that is willing to help those that are willing to learn. We have WW1 now too, and that's still new for all of us.

Take advantage of all the help that is available and the transition wont be bad at all.

:salute

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2010, 12:45:27 PM »
I'd milk bruv (and all others) for all you can as well.

Hehehe...Bruv has a new title...the wet nurse of AH!   :D

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vampire

• Zinc Member
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2010, 03:01:59 PM »
Hello I am also a FA refugee. I just downloaded AH2 yesterday and the learning curve is going to be steep so I can use all the help the community can give :) I look forward to the challenge and will probably stay offline for a bit.

:salute Vampire

:airplane:

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2010, 03:03:21 PM »
Hello I am also a FA refugee. I just downloaded AH2 yesterday and the learning curve is going to be steep so I can use all the help the community can give :) I look forward to the challenge and will probably stay offline for a bit.

dont forget to check out the offline missions section, you can download some user made missions, or try and make your own using the mission editor :D
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2010, 03:22:07 PM »

Offline won't be a good idea if you think the learning curve is steep...it was the offline mode that kept me from jumping into AH 2 years earlier.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2010, 03:27:02 PM »

well maybe just until August 1st?   

Always welcome on our vent vampire.   

:salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2010, 03:28:23 PM »
Are there posts that show recomended stick configs? We have a lot using X52s and 3d pros.   :salute
If you do a search of the forums you'll find plenty of threads on x52 & 3d pros profiles.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2010, 03:37:06 PM »
Actually "offline" is great for getting everything configured.  Just getting all the custom views set, for whatever planes you might fly, can take some time.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2010, 03:38:55 PM »

welcome to AcesHigh the greatest WW2 combat sim by far,  FA was kinda fun, that was what I started with in 04. you should enjoy AH very much, screw the offline play, unless it's the missions, pull up your pants and jump into the late war arena it is a BLAST :aok

Offline Vampire

• Zinc Member
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »
Thanks Bruv!

Offline won't be a good idea if you think the learning curve is steep...it was the offline mode that kept me from jumping into AH 2 years earlier.

What do you mean offline is not a good idea?

Actually "offline" is great for getting everything configured.  Just getting all the custom views set, for whatever planes you might fly, can take some time.

Yeah I am definately using it for setup. And if I move online too soon I will just be lost. I know I am going to get shot down repeatedly but I at least want to be familar with the controls and views.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 03:45:24 PM by Vampire »