Author Topic: Fighter Ace 3 is going out of business!?!  (Read 13372 times)

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Re: Fighter Ace 3 is going out of business!?!
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2010, 04:03:32 PM »

Yeah I am definately using it for setup. And if I move online too soon I will just be lost. I know I am going to get shot down repeatedly but I at least want to be familar with the controls and views.

I remember being "lost" in this game...it was Great.

Welcome. :aok

Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline Vampire

• Zinc Member
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
Thanks I am looking forward to the journey! If you love WWII planes and pilots you just can't stop because your game goes out of business!

Look forward to getting to know you all. :salute

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2010, 04:17:02 PM »
after checking their forums  I see some of them talking about warbirds and wildbill is going to save them all    :noid

I'm still subscribing to Warbirds but find it to suck compared to AH. I can't quite define it but generally find the graphics to be more cartoonish and the response to be somehow laggy when I compare it to AH.

I still haven't cancelled because I can't be bothered to go over there and drop a turd in the punchbowl - but that day is coming, and I expect it to be a nice load of high-pressure bean w/shredded beef, as opposed to a discrete and well-formed baloney-oid.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »
Thanks I am looking forward to the journey! If you love WWII planes and pilots you just can't stop because your game goes out of business!

once you get your feet wet with the game check the AvA, its a historical setup arena with No icons.

ahevents.org is also a good site to see some of the events and times.

:salute and welcome

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2010, 04:36:07 PM »
If your gonna do offline first at least do the offline missions, those will definitely get you ready for online play.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2010, 04:42:35 PM »
You guys are missing what is important for any new person coming to Aces High.  Offline is a great way to get used to the user interface, all the commands, the configuration options, getting sticks setup, testing flight models and a plethora of other things that have to be done before you can actually "play" the game.

Let them take thier time.  There is no rush for them to get online.  They certainly can use the offline missions if they want and when they are ready.

One thing I caution about flying offline is, do not use the external views as a crutch to see what is going on.  That will wreck any chance of you being able to enjoy the game.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2010, 04:51:39 PM »

:aok
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2010, 04:56:52 PM »
You can get a lot out of offline play, You can get your field and carrier landings down, and in the offline missions, you can practice your gunnery and get the feel for maneuvers.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2010, 05:07:01 PM »
My advice is don't join the first squad that asks if you'd like to join.  There are many, many squads and if you shop around, you will find one that suits your play style and/or personality.  Welcome to our addiction. :salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2010, 05:14:32 PM »
You guys are missing what is important for any new person coming to Aces High.  Offline is a great way to get used to the user interface, all the commands, the configuration options, getting sticks setup, testing flight models and a plethora of other things that have to be done before you can actually "play" the game.

Yeah, what Skuzzy said.  I flew offline for close to a month.  I used to fly Falcon4.0 and needed to learn the new keyboard commands, view system, how to take off, fly without crashing, land without crashing, etc. etc. :D Last thing I wanted to do is waste my free two-week trial by just trying to get airborne and do basic pilot stuff.

To the Fighter Aces guys who are thinking of coming over to Aces High...welcome.  I'm sure you'll find more people willing to help and form new friendships with, than the few truely ultra melon numpties who's only goal in life is to pee on everyone's cornflakes.  If you bring your FA squaddies, there's no reason you can't re-form the squad here.  But in any case, fly around and see who flies and fights the way you want and ask if they'd be willing to let you tag along for a while.  No reason to join up or expect anyone to ask you to join up with a squad right away.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2010, 05:19:52 PM »
Hello all ex FA players.

Im the one to ask about stuff around here, the AH community looks up to me immensly. I used to fly F4 Phantom in Vietnam, F16a in Gulf War 1, and AH64 in Afghanistan, IRL of course. Im currently not ingame much, since im on a undercover mission in Iran, doing some work here for the CIA.

But if you have any questions, dont hesitate to PM me.

And never forget, if you aint with us, you are against us.

:salute
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2010, 05:30:14 PM »
Thanks Bruv!

What do you mean offline is not a good idea?

Yeah I am definately using it for setup. And if I move online too soon I will just be lost. I know I am going to get shot down repeatedly but I at least want to be familar with the controls and views.

what planes do you like/ have an interest in?
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »
Offline won't be a good idea if you think the learning curve is steep...it was the offline mode that kept me from jumping into AH 2 years earlier.

Offline is a good way to get familiar with the flight model before dipping your toes into the wading pool.  It's also a good way to practice gunnery skills to practice how to lead the target.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2010, 05:52:40 PM »
Also while warming up to the game checkout the community here, from the events and scenarios to the custom sounds forum/guys.  Upgrading the sounds in AH is a huge improvement and worth the time/trouble, but not worth the trouble for those less-than mediocer PC users (the process requires diving into your game files, cutting, copying and pasting your sound folder(s)).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »
Hello all ex FA players.

Im the one to ask about stuff around here, the AH community looks up to me immensly. I used to fly F4 Phantom in Vietnam, F16a in Gulf War 1, and AH64 in Afghanistan, IRL of course. Im currently not ingame much, since im on a undercover mission in Iran, doing some work here for the CIA.

But if you have any questions, dont hesitate to PM me.

And never forget, if you aint with us, you are against us.

:salute

You forgot to add when you're not doing super duper secret missions for the CIA, you're busy helping Chalenge write the next and greatest flight sim.

¡Vive el escorpión rojo!

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song