Author Topic: Fighter Ace 3 is going out of business!?!  (Read 13382 times)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Re: Fighter Ace 3 is going out of business!?!
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2010, 11:57:50 AM »
It's supported 100% in AH2, make sure your "Track IR views" box is checked in your settings.

AH2's view system is so good that I feel Track IR doesn't really give you as much of an advantage which you get in other games.

I use TIR, not for an advantage, but for more immersion.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2010, 11:59:51 AM »
AH2's view system is so good that I feel Track IR doesn't really give you as much of an advantage which you get in other games.
Yeah AH2 has an extremely good view system already in place, you might find you like using the hat better then using TrackIR.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2010, 12:33:36 PM »
 :banana:
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2010, 02:36:36 PM »

agree 100%, view system is so nice in AH i don't have a need for Track IR

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2010, 02:39:20 PM »
I came over from FA. lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2010, 03:36:19 PM »
The AA's would be more than happy to wing with any of the FA'ers and help any way we can.  We already have a great time in AH, and would like the new cartoon pilots to experience the same level of enjoyment. 

<<S>>

AAJagerX
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2010, 03:14:22 AM »
You have a combat stick or fighterstick?  I have a pretty good template for the combat stick, pro throttle combo if you want to use one as a reference to make your own or to use.

ack-ack

I have the fighterstick / pro throttle and pedals.

I will be able to set up a workable profile fairly quickly and then can add / tweak as I find things that I need to be able to do.

Cheers

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2010, 03:28:00 AM »
Quite a few pilots do use Track IR,  I have played around with a squaddies setup and I have to say that it is immersive but I never felt comfortable with the thing on my head and keeping my neck still.  

Even watching him fly he seems to concentrate far too much on looking at the cons rather than using his dam throttles and pedals to get on the Bad guys six!!  (u know who you are  :P)

For 1 vs 1 's I see it working well but in multi-con engagements I would prefer the instant Hat views.

Cant fly without trackir now - and yes, I know I need to work on using pedals and throttle more, cheers for reminding me Bruv  :neener:

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Airwolf

• Copper Member
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:06 AM »
OK, so here I am....After checking out Warbirds and Aces High2, I have decided that Aces High would be the better game for me to join after my beloved FA shuts down.(sob)..... And I certainly will have questions when it comes to the joystick setup!...BTW, about this Track IR, is this using the mouse to mimic your head movements?...If so, I`ll stick with the hat functions....Looking forward to meeting everyone, and for you old guys, we former FA guys just might surprise you when we meet up in the skies!...... ;)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2010, 10:31:57 AM »
BTW, about this Track IR, is this using the mouse to mimic your head movements?

It's a totally stand-alone system (as in it doesn't "steal" use of your mouse, keyboard buttons, ect; it works on its own) that uses a camera and headgear to watch the motions of your head. As you tilt, pan, strafe, or rotate your head, the game's viewpoint moves. Obviously it's scaled up so that you don't have to turn your head all the way around to check your 6... :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 22, 2010, 10:34:45 AM »
OK, so here I am....After checking out Warbirds and Aces High2, I have decided that Aces High would be the better game for me to join after my beloved FA shuts down.(sob)..... And I certainly will have questions when it comes to the joystick setup!...BTW, about this Track IR, is this using the mouse to mimic your head movements?...If so, I`ll stick with the hat functions....Looking forward to meeting everyone, and for you old guys, we former FA guys just might surprise you when we meet up in the skies!...... ;)

1st: Welocme! :)

2nd: A vid tells more than a thousand worlds. Here is one from the manufacturer's page, showing perfectly how TR works
http://media.naturalpoint.com/video/gamedemo/trackir4_and_aces_high_2-500kbps.wmv
See how the player's head is moving, and how that does translate into view movement in game.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2010, 11:01:35 AM »

See how the player's head is moving, and how that does translate into view movement in game.

Yes, and, although Lusche doesn't explicitly mention it, the gain (head movement to in-game head movement) is completely tune-able in, if I recall properly (away from gaming keyboard right now), all 3 axes of rotation, and probably in the translationals as well. I always tune my profile a little aggressively in head yaw.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2010, 11:23:19 AM »
Welcome FA guys - hope you find AH2 a worthy alternative. You'll find the majority of people here will be welcoming and only too happy to help with the transition. The small number of prats we have to deal with area easily ignored.

Regarding Track IR - ignore anyone recommending it. What will happen if you try it is that when you're not flying into the ground trying to track some guy above you, you'll be barfing into a wastepaper basket beside your computer. Or maybe that's just me  :D

Seriously, many of my squadies swear by it, but I just can't get to grips with it. I'm a natural head mover - my head moves in the same direction as my joystick - and that just doesn't work with track-ir. As other have said, the views in AH2 are pretty good without it.

Once again - welcome.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2010, 11:29:10 AM »
Yeah, don't get the impression you need TrackIR. Most people don't use it.
-AoM-

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2010, 12:05:58 PM »
Welcome all FA members.

<S>
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors