Author Topic: Fighter Ace 3 is going out of business!?!  (Read 13407 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Fighter Ace 3 is going out of business!?!
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2010, 07:20:03 PM »
fraked
you watched BSG didn't you? hijack over
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2010, 08:06:10 PM »
Ok...A real dumb-ass question.....Really....I`m slowly getting the joystick calibration right....Hat switches, check.....Start in offline and crash...No prob, but,(sheepishly) how do you re-set to fly again?..I`m sitting there, like a fool, waiting for the game to automatically put me back in a new plane to fly again, but I just sit there with a bent prop and crumbled wing :rolleyes:.....I downloaded the quick reference guide but I guess I`m just a stunned individual....Also, is there a detailed manual to download?.....And explain "scaling"....Told you....

Alt + F4

You heard it here first.

You have been assimilated.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2010, 08:26:44 PM »
When in doubt

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

Also the Training Arena is a great place to experiment with planes.
Try out ACM, get some gunnery practice, etc.

Just ask before shooting. Not everyone is there to be shot at without warning.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2010, 08:34:48 PM »
Yes, this place has a training arena, a dueling arena, several main arenas and special arenas. It's like a WWII aerial Dojo.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
Who are all these people...the names seem familiar...but the posts...they...they.....hmmmm m it's gone all mushy  :lol :lol :lol....
Seriously though....there is a huge amount of willing and informed people within this community....Any avatar with AH trainers corps are tops for info on learning and many have particular areas of expertise.....but not only them...this place is full of wisdom (and not just game related) just, as skuzzy pointed out, ask in a mature and reasonable way and you will be helped...don't and...well...you will see  :devil 

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2010, 09:25:45 PM »
When in doubt

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

Also the Training Arena is a great place to experiment with planes.
Try out ACM, get some gunnery practice, etc.

Just ask before shooting. Not everyone is there to be shot at without warning.

This site is a great place to start!  Another site I used when I started was :www.netaces.org

When I started flying, I didn't have a clue (still don't according to a few people).  There was the training arena and one big arena.  That was it.  Come to think of it, I don't think I landed a plane my first 3 months playing. :D

Lots of people are offering help.  That's great to see.  Use the off-line training.  The best place to start and get used to the flight models. 

Good luck. :salute

I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2010, 10:51:25 PM »
Lusche, have a short term memory problem like me, every day is a new adventure lol......

I have real problems remembering stuff from a couple of days ago, but can remember from years ago...go figure.

Wurzel

ROFLMAO ::::cleaning beer off monitor:::::::  Thanks   ::::: raising fist to sky:::: Dam you 70's   :rofl
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »
I just went and signed up with Warbirds, finally. I logged in and found myself flying a P51. I was duly impressed by the graphics and realism. Here I was finally flying against other real people in some of my favourite historical aircraft over realistic scenery produceed with state of the art graphics. This is the future :salute...............in 2001.

Then I realised that this was not 2001 and I was not playing on my brother's Gateway 486 or was it a 386? Do they still exist? It's 2010 and the world has moved on. I can only wonder what today's generation experienced  with Playstation and Xbox graphic heavy games would make of it all. Cartoon like graphics, weird engine sounds. Even a  Cessna 150 sounds more fighter like. Scenery is poor and cartoon like.

I actually thought you guys were exaggerating. It really couldn't be that bad? But it is. Now I know AH2 is not state of the art graphically. It can't be given the variety of PC it's customers use. But it always had an immersive quality. I am a pilot in real life too and sometimes AH2 feels like real flying and sometimes real flying reminds me of AH2. Sometime I even do stuff in real life that I previously attempted in AH2 :o That could never happen with warbirds. It's a gamey experience, arcadey in fact.   

One of the most unsurprising aspects was the lack of people there. 49 tonight. When you are used to hundreds in the AH main arena. This is shocking.

But the really unfortunate aspect is the fact that at the moment. I'm out of AH2 due to an unfortunate credit card malfunction. They unreasonably expect you to pay them occasionally. Bankers eh? One rule for them, another for the rest of us. So I am busy flying the real thing in order to pay my bills so I can fly online again and get shot down by all those new FA guys. :( So my only outlet is the two month freebie on Warbirds :(

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #218 on: April 23, 2010, 05:19:22 PM »
I ran into a player who just moved over from FA today.

He seemed like a nice guy and was enjoying AH2,infact he already is participating in FSO so I set the TA to manual calibration and helped him through some of the calibration quirks and if he's an example of the type of players we can expect then I say welcome aboard!

I hope we see a huge influx of new players and they take the time to use some of the resource AH2 has to offer.

:salute

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #219 on: April 23, 2010, 06:09:35 PM »
I was in orange last night and saw a FA player asking questions.  Replies were honest and forthcoming.  <S> to all of those involved.   :cheers:

I was looking at the FA forums today, Skuzzy is there to help anyone interested in more info.  <S> Roy.   :salute

The mild bashings that have been posted are a bit bothersome though.  A few bad apples posting about relations and incidents that happened years ago made it to the FA forums in a matter of minutes and the FA community didn't take very well to the berating of owners and management of FA.   :furious

again.   :salute  all those willing to help the soon to be homeless find a new happy place.

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline PPS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2010, 09:35:11 PM »
The mild bashings that have been posted are a bit bothersome though.  A few bad apples posting about relations and incidents that happened years ago made it to the FA forums in a matter of minutes and the FA community didn't take very well to the berating of owners and management of FA.

Hi All

Just to let you know Skuzzy and I are keeping a close eye on both forums, and I can assure you they will stay civil. At FA we take a dim view and firm action against players who 'bash' others, the staff, or other games. As you can imagine, we have a lot of upset players who are losing their home of 13 years, and are looking closely at many other games, AH included. We are doing our best to help with the transition, and if you see any post in the FA forums bashing AH, please inform Skuzzy and I will see it's handled immediately.

Thanks to all who have volunteered to help our players, it's much appreciated.

PPS@HQ
Fighter Ace Community Manager

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2010, 04:22:14 AM »
Hi All

Just to let you know Skuzzy and I are keeping a close eye on both forums, and I can assure you they will stay civil. At FA we take a dim view and firm action against players who 'bash' others, the staff, or other games. As you can imagine, we have a lot of upset players who are losing their home of 13 years, and are looking closely at many other games, AH included. We are doing our best to help with the transition, and if you see any post in the FA forums bashing AH, please inform Skuzzy and I will see it's handled immediately.

Thanks to all who have volunteered to help our players, it's much appreciated.

PPS@HQ
Fighter Ace Community Manager

Good to hear you will be monitoring that very closely.  If your feeling any forgiveness in your heart please un ban 'tea_bruv' so I do not break any CoC violations.   Now that Skuzzy has access to post I only need to wave goodbye to some former friends.

If not then I wish you well in your future adventures.     :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #222 on: April 24, 2010, 09:38:47 AM »
howdee FOLKS!
been lookin over both games this and WB
like the full realism will need time to be assimilated
Im sure BRUV will have plenty of help for me...mostly finding the bail button I suppose
<S>LTD_BERN1

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #223 on: April 24, 2010, 10:03:47 AM »
howdee FOLKS!
been lookin over both games this and WB
like the full realism will need time to be assimilated
Im sure BRUV will have plenty of help for me...mostly finding the bail button I suppose
<S>LTD_BERN1

Enter x3, then O to open the chute? :aok

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #224 on: April 24, 2010, 10:32:34 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 04:17:15 PM by Skuzzy »
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks