Author Topic: Why less players by the day?  (Read 3982 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Why less players by the day?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »
I know I have been on less lately because spring has rolled around.  Work and school now call me more and more.

I know other squaddies are just busy with various things, many associated with springtime.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 12:35:16 PM »
It's that time of year...... Somebody starts this same thread every April. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 01:21:13 PM »
It's that time of year......  

Yeah, nearly fell off my two story roof yesterday while pressure washing when a fast approaching thundercloud started spewing lightning cause my $^#@*# wife would not get off my case about the never ending Honey Do list........  :mad:

Just love this time of the year....  :uhoh

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »
Yeah, nearly fell off my two story roof yesterday while pressure washing when a fast approaching thundercloud started spewing lightning cause my $^#@*# wife would not get off my case about the never ending Honey Do list........  :mad:

Just love this time of the year....  :uhoh

I feel your pain Dads. :cry 

I wish some of my squaddies lived closer.  I could have a "Tackle the honey-do list so I can fly" work party.  Free beer and pizza! :D
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »
I feel your pain Dads. :cry 

I wish some of my squaddies lived closer.  I could have a "Tackle the honey-do list so I can fly" work party.  Free beer and pizza! :D

You would think that some of these younger kids would canvas the neighborhood for odd and end jobs like that, but they dont and I would gladly pay them well to do it.  Usually the only thing you see is a kid pushing a mower and charging you 10 times the amount you would pay as fare. 

I dont think I would risk my squaddies to get on that roof, some of them are older than me and surely dont want to see one of them fall off the roof.

Let them young kids do it, they heal faster......  :lol

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 01:42:12 PM »
Spent the weekend on top of a roof as well, didn't fly at all.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »
pfffft I would have traded with you in a second after having been recalled from the front lines of AH by the wife.  All to "entertain" the in-laws who arrived unannounced.  Oh yes what a glorious 36hrs THAT WAS  :furious.  By the time I could return to computer chair my tail section was so embedded with wife ack that I couldn't sit down.  I just love this time of year.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
Want more people on in the middle of my night?  Take your money and start advertising in Japan and China, or even your own, native Australiazeland.

The "boot the people in the tower" is sort of unintuitive to the whole "more people" argument.

What are you doing at 10am local?  
Find a night job.  Problem solved.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »
     If you're unhappy with the decreasing numbers..do some recruiting.  I'm sure Dale and HTC
will appreciate the business  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 05:11:53 PM »
pfffft I would have traded with you in a second after having been recalled from the front lines of AH by the wife.  All to "entertain" the in-laws who arrived unannounced.  Oh yes what a glorious 36hrs THAT WAS  :furious.  By the time I could return to computer chair my tail section was so embedded with wife ack that I couldn't sit down.  I just love this time of year.
they just won't leave, even farting continously and loudly doesn't get the point across.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 05:29:04 PM »
Some are saying time of year but I have found this to be the same....last couple of years it would get down to 80 maybe, but this year..yes getting down to 60 odd quite often......You were funny last night with your threat of caps and armchair generaling....people obviously need that....I do find that this is only for a couple of hours though scooner. After rooks and knits took 10 and 7 there became a good furball area....so from that maps do often affect who is fighting who at these times...I did find if you take a bomber to an obscure field you can cause a few planes to up so maybe we can bring some fighters along with next time and start our own little rumble..just keep the bombers coming and there will be uppers if they think you are attempting to take their base....if it happens move on to the next field, if not, us guys on the night shift can still have our fun... although we could always swap sides as it is usually due to the other two sides fighting each other with numbers. Last night though it was a struggle to find a fight.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 05:42:16 PM »
Some are saying time of year but I have found this to be the same....last couple of years it would get down to 80 maybe, but this year..yes getting down to 60 odd quite often......

I noticed that too.
It may not really be noticeable for someone playing at US prime time, and maybe there isn't even any change there. But I was quite surprised to see numbers below 60.
Last week  was really troublesome for me personally. Caps kicked on at 7pm, and during my whole evening the numbers in LWB (the open arena) didn't even come close to 100 (Yes, that's why I hate the caps ;) )

This is the reason I did compile my "AH activity index" (in that other thread) in the first place, before anyone was complaining about the numbers.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 04:56:28 AM »
tonight 70 players not so bad, but still not so good, but it is TT so i would expect bad numbers in the off time.
<S> :cry

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 05:17:17 AM »
When i was in TT there was 350 players pretty good numbers  :airplane:
Member of ****ALCHEMIST****

"E Tan Epi Tan"
Proud United States Marine

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 06:10:17 AM »
FYI kazza
just noticed that even though i didn't use the boards for a long time after i signed up, my date for the boards is 2003 2 years before yours, i am not saying it means anything but before you post who are you, like your the center of aces universe be aware that old players don't need to be known or respected by the loud posters, i am just a fool that has payed an aces bill for a long time, and if i see a problem when i play surely i can state it without your type jumping in like you own the game.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. In five years of playing AH2 I've never come across you before.

I do understand where you are comming from though, yesterday there was only 50 players online at around 9AM GMT. It's a weird time though, most US players are going to bed and most Europeans are getting ready for school/work.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:14:23 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."