Author Topic: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????  (Read 10151 times)

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
Re: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2010, 08:01:01 AM »
Bruv, the training I was referring too is the fundamental aspects of all game activities like target identification (which one is the vehicle hanger), dive bombing, level bombing calibration, etc., not just ACM.

The question of overkill is like asking how many engineers does it take to design and IC. Is the team composed of all new grads, or is it full of experienced veterans. You can take a base much more easily when you can just say "take out the VH", instead of taking the time to teach new players to ID the VH, and make consistent drops.

I have to assume that your assessment of my inability of hold my own in a dogfight after 18mos of experience is based on our head to head encounters. I will readily admit that you, and many other experienced players are better than I am at playing this game. Furthermore, since you started earlier, you will always be more experienced and a better player than I. I am sure I could learn a lot from players that are not Claim Jumpers. However, unlike the Claim Jumpers, I have not met any that are willing the share that experience. Only those that are willing to exploit their experience to enhance their game enjoyment, and to occasionally disparage the skills of the less experienced.

I wish there more squads that had the willingness to share their game skills like the Claim Jumpers.

:rofl
-AoM-

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2010, 08:09:47 AM »
Bruv, the training I was referring too is the fundamental aspects of all game activities like target identification (which one is the vehicle hanger), dive bombing, level bombing calibration, etc., not just ACM.

The question of overkill is like asking how many engineers does it take to design and IC. Is the team composed of all new grads, or is it full of experienced veterans. You can take a base much more easily when you can just say "take out the VH", instead of taking the time to teach new players to ID the VH, and make consistent drops.

I have to assume that your assessment of my inability of hold my own in a dogfight after 18mos of experience is based on our head to head encounters. I will readily admit that you, and many other experienced players are better than I am at playing this game. Furthermore, since you started earlier, you will always be more experienced and a better player than I. I am sure I could learn a lot from players that are not Claim Jumpers. However, unlike the Claim Jumpers, I have not met any that are willing the share that experience. Only those that are willing to exploit their experience to enhance their game enjoyment, and to occasionally disparage the skills of the less experienced.

I wish there more squads that had the willingness to share their game skills like the Claim Jumpers.

That is the biggest lie I've read in a long time.  Everyone I've met and asked to duel and learn from I've been met with open arms and everyone of the great sticks say that when they share there wisdom in the end it means better game play and more enjoyment for them.

I dueled Grizz for 2 hours one night learning and him trying to teach me lol.  I've dueled bruv and kazaa a ton, along with all the great sticks in the game.  None of the above is in the same squad as I but yet they don't mind teaching when approached in the correct manner.

I don't think you've asked anyone to duel, you just make the statement of no one is willing to share there experience. 

And the claim jumpers have issued there own rep by noe hordes of 30 to 40 planes.  Every squad takes out the vh first that is not in question and the average player of ah is prob. about 3 to 5 years so looking for the vh is not the question anymore in squads as you bring that up. 

I know your just saying this to make you feel better but your barking up the wrong tree here with these statements.

~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline pitch

• Zinc Member
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2010, 08:26:20 AM »
That is the biggest lie I've read in a long time.  Everyone I've met and asked to duel and learn from I've been met with open arms and everyone of the great sticks say that when they share there wisdom in the end it means better game play and more enjoyment for them.

I dueled Grizz for 2 hours one night learning and him trying to teach me lol.  I've dueled bruv and kazaa a ton, along with all the great sticks in the game.  None of the above is in the same squad as I but yet they don't mind teaching when approached in the correct manner.

I don't think you've asked anyone to duel, you just make the statement of no one is willing to share there experience. 

And the claim jumpers have issued there own rep by noe hordes of 30 to 40 planes.  Every squad takes out the vh first that is not in question and the average player of ah is prob. about 3 to 5 years so looking for the vh is not the question anymore in squads as you bring that up. 

I know your just saying this to make you feel better but your barking up the wrong tree here with these statements.

How can this be a lie when I am just stating my experience? All of my comments were from a Main Arena perspective only, not the dueling arena.

I do not believe the average AH player has 3-5 years of experience.

My statements were not to make myself fell better, just a statement of my observations. which as I stated initially are that of a new player who only has experience with the Claim Jumper squad. About the only thing I have gotten from players on other squads is animosity toward almost all Claim Jumpers.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2010, 08:40:13 AM »
HT made the squads limited to 32 maybe he thinks that is around the number that is reasonable  but certainly not all online at the same time.

My guess would be half that due to "not all online at the same time", so say 16. With good training and practice (which some say they do) may old squad could be counted on 80% hits with bombs, and 75% survivability of the players in the mission. With these numbers as a base I could figure which missions would work and which would not. I'll bet anything that most squads today couldn't maintain half those percentages, due to lack of training and practice, that is why they need 6 squads for a capture.

pitch, whenever the bish horde it isnt a multisquad horde. someone like ghi (not the only one, just an example cuz hes uber cool! :D ) ups a large mission idea and everyone goes with it because of the efficiency of base takes due to that mission. Not necessarily one squad. Actually me (582nd CO) and u2007 (joker's jokers) and xthecatx (pretty sure a joker also? :headscratch: ) made a small group one morning that took 25 bases in 4 hours around 7am to 11am EST. And also, the multi-squad thing usually happens when everyone actually gets COs together to work as one cohesive unit to take multiple targets at the same time such as the thread down below made by GREric about the MoM.

Sounds like your proud of that.  :rolleyes:  To me it sounds like you were milking a bunch of captures. I don't know, as I wasn't there so forgive me if you had to fight your way through more than 10 guys at each base for the capture. The point I'm trying to make here is it is unimportant how many base you capture, it is HOW you capture those bases that is. The reason base capture was added to the game was to create spots on the map where conflict would happen there by creating and opportunity for combat. Did you provide combat, or did you jump from one side of the map to the other NOEing  undefended base after base?

I fell victim to the Claim Jumper's (Racdogg's) unscrupulous recruitment activity during the first 2-3 weeks of playing this game, almost 18 months ago, and have been a Claim Jumper ever since. As a result, I have no idea how things are done in other squads, but my observation of the Claim Jumpers is that Burv's supposition that the CJ's are helping new players with the ins and outs of the game is exactly right. We are constantly a training squadron.

Squads in Ah seem to me like electronics companies in the real world. Only the large companies actively recruit on campuses and go through the agony of training new engineers, while the small elite companies steal the best engineers away once they are trained, with benefits that the large companies can't afford to pay. Many squads in AH seem the same to me with highly restrictive recruiting requirements and small numbers, they seem arrogant and intolerant of others that they deem less capable.

However what I have learned from the many recent treads on these forums and the discussions that I have witnessed in the game, is it would serve the game better if I were to resign from the Claim Jumpers and just start switching sides regularly to rat out the missions of squads and give away the positions of enemy assets on channel 200.

Skuzzy, I am not at all sure this is an environment in which I am willing to continue to participate. Some players seem to be constantly communicating Claim Jumper activity to other countries and Claim Jumper bashing seems to be an acceptable activity both in the game and on the forums.

The CJ's earn that reputation by their actions. Look at it this way, lets say we are playing football ( that sissy American game :P ) I have my 11 players on the field, but you bring in 50 for each play. Even if my players are more skilled, your 50 are going to roll over them. What happens? It's no longer a game, but one team just crushing the other. It becomes an exercise in futility, why play? And is your team better? No, you may think you are but it's really full of holes, but your numbers covers all of them. This is the rep that the CJ's have earned. They are the "gang" that bullies the map when they get on. On the other hand if the CJ's went out of their way to work on never bringing more than 10 to a capture, but did 3 captures at the same time, there reputation would be one of skill, not ganging.

I'm not trying to say anything bad about the CJ's here, just commenting on the "rep" they seem to have and why it comes across that way. I'm not saying that they should change even, if thats the way they want to be perceived, more power to them, but they will have to put up wih the "bashing". After all it comes with the territory< maybe make it one of the rules of the squad..."Must be able to put up with bashing from the rest of the community"  :D

To me there is nothing wrong with big squads, nor big communities... make it one big arena! The problem is how those big groups work. If a big squad made it a point to NEVER have a group bigger than a dozen hitting one place it would make things more "playable" for more people. The same holds true for the single arena idea. If the "horde" NEVER formed and people created more battle front instead of always joining the same single battle all the time I think we would still have only one LW arena.

Unfortunately it's human nature to seek out groups/numbers for protection. And, if you feel safe with 25 of your closest friends covering your back  :rolleyes: whats the point in taking the time to improve your skills? Who needs practice when you have numbers !

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2010, 08:42:41 AM »
I am sure I could learn a lot from players that are not Claim Jumpers. However, unlike the Claim Jumpers, I have not met any that are willing the share that experience. Only those that are willing to exploit their experience to enhance their game enjoyment, and to occasionally disparage the skills of the less experienced.  I wish there more squads that had the willingness to share their game skills like the Claim Jumpers.

I didn't mention the dueling arena although I did state that you have to ask for duels which I'm sure you haven't. Duels are performed in the dueling arena but first you got to ask for the duels.

The bolded print is what I was saying you are lying about.  If you have asked for duels in a proper manner I'm sure you would get them as I have.  

I do not believe the average AH player has 3-5 years of experience.

My statements were not to make myself fell better, just a statement of my observations. which as I stated initially are that of a new player who only has experience with the Claim Jumper squad. About the only thing I have gotten from players on other squads is animosity toward almost all Claim Jumpers.

I bet the average player in ah is over 3 but only AH can answer that question.  

Because the noe hordes are destroying the game and the Claim Jumpers have issued there own reputation on the hitler approach to land ownage.  
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2010, 08:46:44 AM »

The CJ's earn that reputation by their actions. Look at it this way, lets say we are playing football ( that sissy American game :P ) I have my 11 players on the field, but you bring in 50 for each play. Even if my players are more skilled, your 50 are going to roll over them. What happens? It's no longer a game, but one team just crushing the other. It becomes an exercise in futility, why play? And is your team better? No, you may think you are but it's really full of holes, but your numbers covers all of them. This is the rep that the CJ's have earned. They are the "gang" that bullies the map when they get on. On the other hand if the CJ's went out of their way to work on never bringing more than 10 to a capture, but did 3 captures at the same time, there reputation would be one of skill, not ganging.

We see eye to eye on something Fugitive  :x

CJ's would be respected if that were the case
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2010, 08:48:42 AM »
We see eye to eye on something Fugitive  :x

CJ's would be respected if that were the case

I get EVERYBODY in my boat eventually. Only problem is most are trying to throw me over the side and drowned me  :rofl

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2010, 10:21:26 AM »
:headscratch:
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2010, 10:29:42 AM »
Lets get back on track here guys.

Pitch. What is this I am reading from you? Is this CJ recruitment week or something? Let me just make sure I follow you here. I am not trying to start anything with you so let’s just stay with the facts.

You are discussing basically the high reputation of your squad. In your 18 months of game play you can’t find anybody to share their game experience with you other than a CJ,  CJs can’t post any missions without being ratted out, your only two choices (according to you) is either be a CJ or start switching sides regularly to rat out missions.

I am not trying to pick at you but your post in this forum is really not quite replicant of your actions as I have observed in the game over the last 4 days. However, I do give you credit for your statement of being recruited and trained exclusively by the CJs. At least we agree on this point.

As long as I have played this game, never have I witnessed any single squad alienate themselves from an entire country as I have witnessed over the last week. I have watched (and participated to my own discredit) the repeated request from literally dozens of Rooks to release the CV,s for usage. EVERY REQUEST was met with either, rude rebuttal, taunting to engage in inappropriate behavior, or your squaddies answer for us to switch to Bish and bomb them if we want them back.

During the great CJ CV hoarding routine (and to the disapproval of the major majority of your fellow countrymen) I haven’t found anything in your squads actions (to include your participation) that would lead me to believe anything other than CJs are only in the game for their own benefit at the expense of every other player in the game.

Did you guys ever consider that every action has a re-action in this game? What if all countries start hoarding CVs. Now what?

If your squad is experiencing being ratted out (as you stated) maybe, just maybe, you should consider (as a squad) reflecting on what you have experienced in this last week, the results of your actions, the request of your country, and use it to your benefit.

This would distinguish your squad as a team player and I am sure would be met with the best of reactions and support from your fellow players from all countries.   

Coming in this forum to defend your squad’s actions or uphold its integrity (I don’t believe) will get you the desired results you are looking for.

What have you got to lose at this point. The vast majority of players in this game are pretty good guys and would give you the respect you would like if you only return the same honor.

Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:36:35 AM by COndor06 »
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
I fell victim to the Claim Jumper's (Racdogg's) unscrupulous recruitment activity during the first 2-3 weeks of playing this game, almost 18 months ago, and have been a Claim Jumper ever since. As a result, I have no idea how things are done in other squads, but my observation of the Claim Jumpers is that Burv's supposition that the CJ's are helping new players with the ins and outs of the game is exactly right. We are constantly a training squadron.

Squads in Ah seem to me like electronics companies in the real world. Only the large companies actively recruit on campuses and go through the agony of training new engineers, while the small elite companies steal the best engineers away once they are trained, with benefits that the large companies can't afford to pay. Many squads in AH seem the same to me with highly restrictive recruiting requirements and small numbers, they seem arrogant and intolerant of others that they deem less capable.

However what I have learned from the many recent treads on these forums and the discussions that I have witnessed in the game, is it would serve the game better if I were to resign from the Claim Jumpers and just start switching sides regularly to rat out the missions of squads and give away the positions of enemy assets on channel 200.

Skuzzy, I am not at all sure this is an environment in which I am willing to continue to participate. Some players seem to be constantly communicating Claim Jumper activity to other countries and Claim Jumper bashing seems to be an acceptable activity both in the game and on the forums.

You obviously have no idea how other squads work. If by "restrictive" you mean not recruiting anyone with a pulse and account, then yes they are. Before you make a statement about other squads, you should actually know what you're talking about from experience. A squad's reputation and treatment is based on it's actions.

Offline pitch

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2010, 10:48:36 AM »
Condor, I am extremely sorry. It was not my intent to disrespect anyone either via these posts or any actions I have taken in the game. Again, I am extremely sorry for whatever I have done to show disrespect. I can not take responsibility for my squadmate's actions and I should not have even responded here with my observations since I am not in the chain of command for the squad, only a single participant that usually plays alone during the daytime when there are relatively few CJ's online.

It was not my intent to hijack this thread, I was only trying to give a slightly different perspective on the nature of the Claim Jumper squad from someone who has suffered the "fate worse than death". I was not the one to expand the thread from appropriate usage of CV's to a general discussion of how bad the CJ's are for other's game play enjoyment.

Again, is not my intent to defend an CJ's behavior and I am sorry that my first and last attempt to communicate in this forum caused disrespect and or dishonor.

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2010, 11:07:47 AM »
Condor, I am extremely sorry. It was not my intent to disrespect anyone either via these posts or any actions I have taken in the game. Again, I am extremely sorry for whatever I have done to show disrespect. I can not take responsibility for my squadmate's actions and I should not have even responded here with my observations since I am not in the chain of command for the squad, only a single participant that usually plays alone during the daytime when there are relatively few CJ's online.

It was not my intent to hijack this thread, I was only trying to give a slightly different perspective on the nature of the Claim Jumper squad from someone who has suffered the "fate worse than death". I was not the one to expand the thread from appropriate usage of CV's to a general discussion of how bad the CJ's are for other's game play enjoyment.

Again, is not my intent to defend an CJ's behavior and I am sorry that my first and last attempt to communicate in this forum caused disrespect and or dishonor.

Actually Pitch, I think your response to this very appropriate and we all appreciate your involvement to resolve any ongoing issue. Rather you are an officer of CJ’s or not isn’t a requirement for your response. Kind of a great bonus of the game.

I hope you take my response as supportive and not argumentative. If you would like to see what other squads are like just ask anyone in the game. I fly with different squads all the time. It might give you a fresh perspective and at least more than a single view of what AH is really about.

This thread isn’t about bashing any squad or individual. It’s more about (I hope) making room for other opinions and keeping the game play beneficial to all.

If you would like other perspective on the game just go to the training arena. Plenty of good AH trainers in there to help. Or give me a call sometime. I’ll fly with ya.

Condor
Hells Angels
Channel 199
 :salute
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2010, 12:10:49 PM »
I don't understand how this game winds up with so many adolescents. I guess they think its funny. It's getting to the point that it's just not worth the aggravation or money to deal with it.

Agree...precisely why I don't play anymore. Not enough CorkyJr's, batfinks, teufl's, or snaphooks around anymore. Just a bunch of arcade mode players or score potatos.... Of course nobody PLAYS for "score". It always cracks me up when you see post's such as "I'm ranked 24 with a 234223423whogivesachit123423 k/d rating, but I don't play for score"!? :rolleyes:
 These are the guys that have your cv's, I'm quit sure :rofl

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2010, 12:43:21 PM »
Well done pitch <S>.

Unfortunately we are many times judged by the company we keep.
It takes a tremendous amount of work to rebuild a damadged reputation.
This will be an impossible task if your squadmates continue to cast aspersions upon your character.

II/JG27 (the squad I am in), is not my first squad.  Sometimes you need to look around to
find that proper fit.  You can only really get to know a squad by joining them and flying with
them to have enough information to make an informed decision. 
It is quite possible a smaller squad might work better for you.

II/JG27 extends an offer to you sir to join us.

:salute
Wag more, bark less.