Author Topic: Jonah's Commandments for Fun  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Jonah's Commandments for Fun
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2010, 05:47:47 PM »
"Never had a problem with Jonah...."

Nor me, 'Jonah' was my favourite cartoon in the ol' Dandy comic when I was a nipper: every one ended with his ship sinking due to his bungling bad luck.

Commandments, on the other hand, I tend to ignore, being a free-thinking sort.

:cool:

Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline Eagleclaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2010, 07:46:32 PM »
Thou shalt not drink beer with an ENY value less than 20.  :cheers:
Thou shalt use Gondolas even without buff runs  :devil
Thou shalt engage a dot command that allows one to switch load-out. :pray
The day no hoes would fly......

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2010, 07:48:38 PM »
"Never had a problem with Jonah...."

Jonah hates the Irish  :mad:
-AoM-

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2010, 08:52:39 PM »
if you need another plane in addition to yours to kill somebody than neither of you are worth playing with in my opinion.

Would you agree that "if you need another player in addition to yourself to score a touchdown than neither of you are worth playing with in my opinion."?

AH and football are both team games.

if i drag someone away and they follow me to get into a one on one fight, then it is clear TO ME that from that action of following me away from everyone that they dont want anyone to jump in either. if they did want someone to jump in, then they would not have followed me away from the group. u see the logic here?

Different issue, and your assumption is flawed in that it assumes the person following you had control over whether anyone else followed. Sure, hording and ridiculous or consistent ganging are bad, but they don't exist the moment any fight in the arena involves more than one plane. That's just silly.

I would agree that out of politeness one should refrain from jumping into an existing 1-1 (that isn't right on the edge of a furball) without asking the friendly whether he would prefer you stay out. However, you should keep in mind that you're in the MA, not the DA.

(Yeah, I know, the DA sucks. Sorry. Maybe we should have more threads telling people how they should play in the DA and fewer about trying to turn the MA into what the DA ought to be, since the former is nothing like it is supposed to be while the latter isn't so far off the mark.)

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2010, 08:57:39 PM »
Would you agree that "if you need another player in addition to yourself to score a touchdown than neither of you are worth playing with in my opinion."?

AH and football are both team games.

in football u get 11 players on the field per team.  no more, no less.    are you allowed extra help when it's time to score a touchdown?  no.   apples and oranges bro
-AoM-

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
in football u get 11 players on the field per team.  no more, no less.    are you allowed extra help when it's time to score a touchdown?  no.   apples and oranges bro

Right, what I was trying to say is that multi-plane fights aren't the same as jumping into someone's 1-1. Some people seem to think that 1-1 dueling is the only acceptable way to play this game.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2010, 09:19:35 PM »
ahh i c now.  i was blinded by the light, revved up like a duece..........wait......nm  :uhoh
-AoM-

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2010, 10:25:09 AM »
Commandments are for sheep.

:old:
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2010, 12:58:54 AM »
I'll expect no less than the worst and best hater comments after I say these commandments on what I believe is proper AH behavior:

1) Thou shall fly planes below 30 ENY value whenever possible:banana:

2) Thou shall Accept the fact that HOs happen

3) unlimited nuts to a fight  :aok

4) Thou shall always bomb GV's  :cheers:

5) thou shalt recognize skill with a <S>  :salute

6) Thou shalt designate a snitch(spy)  

7) Thou shalt play only for fun  :cool:

8) Its no fun if the squaddies gettin none  ;)

Hows that, better?
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2010, 07:48:16 AM »
sure they are.   it's not the plane that makes a rundweeb, it's the pilot.   brewsters and zeros sometimes drop the nose and try to run.    just because u fly a fast plane does not make you a runner.
the only reason i can land 5 kills or more in a zeke :lol running from the enemy, turn and fight, then run before another catches you :aok  (no this isnt really the only way to land 5-10 zero kills im just making a funny
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Jonah

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2010, 02:01:56 PM »
I havent looked at this thread in like a month and all i gotta say is DAAAAAAAAYUM, simmer down, and DAM PATTIES!
In game ID now J3WNAH

Sorry Jonah, you are banned from using this forum!
Three day suspension for blatant forum posting rules violation.

"When the time expires you can talk D----" ~Skuzzy

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2010, 09:45:54 AM »
-AoM-

Offline Jonah

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2010, 06:40:05 PM »
A wee bit of the consumption and irish starts thinkin im the only one who hates his people, or for that matter only the irish. I hate lots of things irish, dont act all special. I'm sure alot of people hate the Irish, like the English. And NO cobra its not better. As a matter of fact it has four sides of equal length where opposing sides are parrallel to each other. Thats right, its square, and no I'm not talking about Tiananmen in China. Thou shalt not bomb GVs and thou shalst accept that thou is an a plane and thou shalst only fight planes in planes for thyne kills.
In game ID now J3WNAH

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2010, 07:32:59 PM »
A wee bit of the consumption and irish starts thinkin im the only one who hates his people, or for that matter only the irish. I hate lots of things irish, dont act all special. I'm sure alot of people hate the Irish, like the English. And NO cobra its not better. As a matter of fact it has four sides of equal length where opposing sides are parrallel to each other. Thats right, its square, and no I'm not talking about Tiananmen in China. Thou shalt not bomb GVs and thou shalst accept that thou is an a plane and thou shalst only fight planes in planes for thyne kills.
NOPE!!!
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Jonah

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2010, 01:18:51 PM »
Yes :neener:
In game ID now J3WNAH