Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 5882 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: WTG #1 milk running skwad !
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 08:50:59 AM »
Now I know who you speak of!!!   :lol 

What had me  :rofl  was a memory of a not too long ago post about the "#1 base taking squad" coupled with the back-slapping, grab-assing, high-five's they were giving each other this morning.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 09:04:13 AM »
It seems capturing undefended bases has infiltrated even the best of squads. 

I think it was last week the <formerly respected squad name removed> were rolling undefended bases in LWB.  I killed five of them in a T-34 at the first base then 2 more from a manned ack at the second.  After that I moved to the other side of the map where people actually wanted to fight while the <formerly respected squad name removed> rolled up another 3-4 bases against no opposition except the mighty toolsheds.  To think they were'nt backslapping after each capture would be ludicrous.  It's really sad as I used to respect those guys.

But that's just the most recent example.  I could name dozens of squads who do this regularily.  So, you're point is?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 09:18:01 AM »
But now what is the difference if it's one player or his squad?  (ie. 3 or 4 members online in the morning)

I will sometimes take an A8 and deack a V-Base, then slip a goon or M3 in.  Is that just as bad?

See Rule #4

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 09:19:18 AM »
Do you then pat yourself on the back by typing "WTG 41!" into the chat buffer?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 09:24:15 AM »
But now what is the difference if it's one player or his squad?  (ie. 3 or 4 members online in the morning)

I will sometimes take an A8 and deack a V-Base, then slip a goon or M3 in.  Is that just as bad?

No. Milkrunning ain't necessarily a bad thing at all.

But erupting into WTG orgies after capturing undefended bases is a bit... well: silly. ;)

(almost as bad as freaking out on CH200 or on PMs when actually a defender dares to show up and kills your goon)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:26:20 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 09:29:43 AM »
HECK NO, not usually.  It may because of conversations like this, I almost feel ashamed of doing it.  If somebody else on country is aware it was me, and they say something, I may say "TY"  

Do you then pat yourself on the back by typing "WTG 41!" into the chat buffer?

Or perhaps I'll throw a smile out if a bunch of peeps are wtg'ing.   But wtg'ing yourself is just plain ole silly.

(aww heck, I guess I am just as bad   :(   )
See Rule #4

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 09:32:09 AM »
pointing out a un-named squad in public that does it, is silly too. It's just a game! lets not forget the un-named players and un-named squads that hide carriers, pork radars, pork ords, hordes bases and other silly and un-named things.  :D

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 09:34:29 AM »
Llogann,

Sometimes we're bored.  I've milked a couple of vbases at off hours over the years.  Heck, one of my all time favorite kills came from doing that when a P-38L showed up to kill my C-47 and I pulled a maneuver that was calculated to lure him into the ground, which he obliged.  That is my one and only intentional kill with the C-47.  I didn't get the base, but I got a good memory.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 09:41:53 AM »
It seems capturing undefended bases has infiltrated even the best of squads. 

I think it was last week the <formerly respected squad name removed> were rolling undefended bases in LWB.  I killed five of them in a T-34 at the first base then 2 more from a manned ack at the second.  After that I moved to the other side of the map where people actually wanted to fight while the <formerly respected squad name removed> rolled up another 3-4 bases against no opposition except the mighty toolsheds.  To think they were'nt backslapping after each capture would be ludicrous.  It's really sad as I used to respect those guys.

But that's just the most recent example.  I could name dozens of squads who do this regularily.  So, you're point is?

I agree with everything you say.

Have you not read enough to understand my point?  I know you are smarter than that.

The point was to share the humor.  It was not about the milking of the bases, it was about the "We're Awesome" attitude they had for taking undefended bases that immediately made me think of this.............

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 09:43:57 AM »
Probably my dumbarses fault with my original reply asking the same question.........    :frown:

Have you not read enough to understand my point?  I know you are smarter than that.

See Rule #4

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 09:45:35 AM »
Again, if score doesn't matter to you why let it matter to you  :headscratch:
Another post on "how I could care less about score" yet you sux if you go for score  :headscratch:

Honestly who cares if they take "undefended" bases does that alter your gaming experience? I mean it was undefended meaning you cared NOT to show up also, so who gives a crap?
and if they butt slap well, they must be having fun.

I find it comical how most peeps bag on score tards except they FAIL to bag on the #1 score tard! Kinda hypocritical me thinks.

Ah! the faces change yet the story stays the same. "Days of our AH lives"

:huh just saying :huh

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 09:47:32 AM »
Honestly who cares if they take "undefended" bases does that alter your gaming experience? I mean it was undefended meaning you cared NOT to show up also, so who gives a crap?

Nobody, and this is not what the OP and this thread were all about. :)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 09:54:20 AM »

my bad   :D

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 09:56:52 AM »

I guess it's hard to see the big picture with such a small screen.    ;)
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 09:58:52 AM »
You guys are TEH AWWSUM !!    :aok

The tactical genius displayed by your capturing of Rook bases when there weren't any Rooks in the arena was breathtaking.

The fanny slapping and "WTG's" that ensued on country channel after capturing those bases was a nugget of pure comedy gold.

The prowess displayed by you when capturing undefended V-bases after there were finally 2 folks playing as Rooks in the arena was genuinely display of your l337 skilz.

Finally, the lame attempt at being coy, in a PM to me about how awesome you all are?     Well , that one had me chuckling the entire commute to work.

You are a legend in your own mind.

P.S.  Your website shown on your squad stats page = fail.  You had better fix it, so you can show the world how awesome you are.   :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

This leads me to think I need to come in there every now and again..I love busting toolshed parties.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce