Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 5883 times)

Offline ReDeViL2

• Zinc Member
Re: WTG #1 milk running skwad !
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2010, 03:50:35 PM »
Not crying my friend.

Laughing my bellybutton off.

I could care less about the milk running, to be honest.

The chest thumping, fanny slapping, we are awesome, "You da man!" ,  "NO, YOU DA MAN!"  Three Stooges-ish ego stroking was too hilarious to NOT share.

:rock

:salute
:aok

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2010, 03:58:46 PM »
Roll film next time you are rolling undefended bases.

Watch them.  

Observe the esprit de corps  that ensues about how great the teamwork was while taking an undefended base.

Therein lies the material for humor.

Carry On.

:salute

This squad your talking about takes heavily defended bases every night of the week. Just last night they took an air base that was defended by as many as 15+ fighters in the air over town defending it. And they lost several goons and LVT's trying. The goons were sneaked in and the base was taken because of practice and teamwork. Excellent teamwork and leadership is the reason this squad takes so many defended bases. As far as taking undefended bases in the early hours of the morning. What is wrong with practice? The leadership and organization of this squad is excellent. It makes the game a whole lot more enjoyable. How can a player who switches countries when conditions suit him have anything to say about a squad that is dedicated to the country they play for? Since you were complaining about taking undefended bases and the fact that you change countries. Why didn't you defend these bases? By the way. Jump school didn't kick my behind..

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2010, 04:09:32 PM »
This squad your talking about takes heavily defended bases every night of the week. Just last night they took an air base that was defended by as many as 15+ fighters in the air over town defending it. And they lost several goons and LVT's trying. The goons were sneaked in and the base was taken because of practice and teamwork. Excellent teamwork and leadership is the reason this squad takes so many defended bases. As far as taking undefended bases in the early hours of the morning. What is wrong with practice? The leadership and organization of this squad is excellent. It makes the game a whole lot more enjoyable. How can a player who switches countries when conditions suit him have anything to say about a squad that is dedicated to the country they play for? Since you were complaining about taking undefended bases and the fact that you change countries. Why didn't you defend these bases? By the way. Jump school didn't kick my behind..

read the original post one more time, you might realise you are missing the point...
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2010, 04:14:47 PM »

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:18:24 PM by whiteman »

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2010, 04:29:22 PM »
Taking undefended feilds and praising upon it is cheap and sleazy. Most that play here (and with just a slight bit of class) will acknowlege the fact that they participated in gamey behavior and feel dirty about it. **Example: "XXX landed 5 kills in LA7". If XXX was at feild 8 and landed 5 kills in a LA all by vulching, then is preceded with WTGs on 200, if the person had any sort of class will admit to the fact that they werent well earned. Which will then be followed by on 200. "Thanks guys, but they were all vulches".  It happens, noone is a saint that plays this game, but they know the difference of "good gaming behavior".

However, now you have a situation where there is NO opposing force, nobody there to make the capture "challenging" in any sort of way, and praising themselves on what a great accomplishment it is. Its the same as saying you won a hockey game with no other team or goalie to be there to face you in any way. What exactly have you accomplished and why are you proud? That a you managed to dodge a few computer generated ack guns that are in town?
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2010, 04:57:54 PM »

The squad? You mean your squad  :lol

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2010, 05:10:27 PM »
  How can a player who switches countries when conditions suit him have anything to say about a squad that is dedicated to the country they play for?

Country loyalty....   Blahahahah    stupid
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2010, 05:21:38 PM »

Then you were just a shamming wannabe Legg.
I also apologize for being behind the times.  I guess they call it RASP, these days and every GI gets to wear a black beret.....

You Can Tell an Airborne Ranger by his D&*#!!!!
By his D*&#!!
'Cause it's 8 inches thick
and its always in a chick.
You can tell and Airborne Ranger by is d*&#.
By His D&*#!

You can tell an Airborne Ranger by his room !
By his room!
By his room!
'Cause it looks like a s&*tter
But you can always find a spitter
By his room!

USRanger, you get the next two   :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline 1COOLER

• Zinc Member
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2010, 05:32:22 PM »
I can see now that all the haters on this thread are just furball-ikers who just wanna hate on a base taking squad.

<S> :salute

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »
I can see now that all the haters on this thread are just furball-ikers who just wanna hate on a base taking squad.

Base taking squad= cool    :aok

Milk running avoid fight squad= teh suck

Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2010, 06:27:36 PM »

No, it's not that at all man. I go from strictly furballing to base taking scorepotato mode several times a year and I understand both sides of each school of thought.

But what I don't understand is, #1 why on earth would a CO of a squad want 120 members, and #2 why do so many people feel the need to be part of nothing more then a mindless mob.

I personally enjoy knowing that if I'm on a mission with my squadmates, each man has a job to do and if we don't do our individual job, the success of the mission will be in jeopardy.
Being in a squad with 15 more guys behind me on standby to do what I failed at, is not something that would push me to improve my game. The pressure of knowing I must do my job right the first time is why I practice all different aspects of the game.
IMO the biggest part of the players in a mega squad have no desire to improve. They just merely join to be in a squad and nothing more.They only want to be able to say "hey I'm in a big squad". They don't know yet that the BIG squad equals BIG suckage, because there's 50 more on the roster with the same mindset.
If you ever have the good fortune to be in a squad where 1 or 2 guys can hold a base capped while you take the town down and another brings troops, you'll know what I mean. I can depend on any of my squaddies to get a job done by himself. They don't need 7 wingmen to take out the ord. Those are the players I like. And the squads I respect.

Nasty Deadmen are recruiting.  :salute

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:32:15 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline 1COOLER

• Zinc Member
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2010, 06:42:32 PM »
 :salute uptown!!

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2010, 02:30:38 AM »
No, it's not that at all man. I go from strictly furballing to base taking scorepotato mode several times a year and I understand both sides of each school of thought.

But what I don't understand is, #1 why on earth would a CO of a squad want 120 members, and #2 why do so many people feel the need to be part of nothing more then a mindless mob.

I personally enjoy knowing that if I'm on a mission with my squadmates, each man has a job to do and if we don't do our individual job, the success of the mission will be in jeopardy.
Being in a squad with 15 more guys behind me on standby to do what I failed at, is not something that would push me to improve my game. The pressure of knowing I must do my job right the first time is why I practice all different aspects of the game.
IMO the biggest part of the players in a mega squad have no desire to improve. They just merely join to be in a squad and nothing more.They only want to be able to say "hey I'm in a big squad". They don't know yet that the BIG squad equals BIG suckage, because there's 50 more on the roster with the same mindset.
If you ever have the good fortune to be in a squad where 1 or 2 guys can hold a base capped while you take the town down and another brings troops, you'll know what I mean. I can depend on any of my squaddies to get a job done by himself. They don't need 7 wingmen to take out the ord. Those are the players I like. And the squads I respect.

Nasty Deadmen are recruiting.  :salute

i understand town but has this type of thread played out over n over again?
the milkers in mid war, the score potatos and the dishonorable HOers and such.
all the usual posters flaming others for how they spend there 15 bucks.
   i must say though it is a never ending source of entertainment supplied by board people just like me who are standing outside the burning building watching the fire trucks pull up.

ain't the smoke purdy.....

froger <-------before the lock

frogs are people too

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2010, 08:00:30 AM »
Hi...I still have nothing to add...

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2010, 11:14:47 AM »
Hi...I still have nothing to add...

(Image removed from quote.)

Seen that one.

Yawn...................    :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.