Author Topic: look at this  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
look at this
« on: July 11, 2001, 07:30:00 PM »
plz note i was flying an a8/r8 with twin 30mm cannon
 http://www.iit.edu/~buonmic/cheat.ahf

Offline Kwan

• Nickel Member
look at this
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2001, 09:10:00 PM »
Agreed ...looks strange....got multiple hits on both m3's.
Dunno Zig...I know Lars wouldn't even think of any kind of cheat...

Rubber bullets ???

:confused:

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
look at this
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2001, 09:29:00 PM »
Roger, it looked strange to me too?? But one thing I noticed too was the kill that SparkZz got on the Typhie. SparkZz died before the thyphie chute deployed and I don't think a kill was registered. I that both would have been. I wonder if there was a latency issue?? Not sure.. but I see what you were posting about?

Thunder
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
look at this
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2001, 11:12:00 PM »
i think it has something to do with the m3 rather than a player - i wacked one good with a 250kg bomb and he lived while the flak that spawned next to him exploded! then i came around and strafed him with 2x20mm + 1x30mm and ne'ery a scratch. guessing but maybe there's  bug or somethin??  :confused:

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
look at this
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2001, 11:20:00 PM »
I sense a significant increase in M3 deployments very soon... as soon as others see this film.

I may never have to beg for troops again.   :)
  :cool:   :D   :p   :eek:

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: Hangtime ]
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
look at this
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2001, 11:23:00 PM »
M3's and M16's are more difficult to kill than Osties or Panzers with this new version.

AKDejaVu<- put 7 AP rounds into an M3 without killing him

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
look at this
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2001, 01:26:00 AM »
Haven't seen the film yet, but mayhaps with an M3 it's more important where you hit him rather than with what or how much. Since they were not armored very heavy, wouldn't AP pass through them like a hot knife/ cold butter?

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
look at this
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2001, 01:50:00 AM »
Watched the film... it is quite interesting to say the least.  Why don't you ask Mr. Lars what happened on his FE?  He was one of the M3's right?  I DID see several hits - but since the 20s and 30s fire together, it is impossible to say which hit and which missed.  I also noticed that towards the end you were down into the 300s in cannon ammo- at that point the 30s have been exhausted and you are only firing the 2x20mm.  I think the best thing to do would be to ask MrLars what he saw on his FE, and the other M3 as well.

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
look at this
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2001, 06:54:00 AM »
huh when im in a m3 it takes very few hits and im dead . dont know ill have to film my next m3 incounter and see what happens
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
look at this
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
Zig-

This is exactly why I am not flying right now. Every time I logged on I had results exactly as the film displayed- multiple hits, no apparent damage. I can't believe everyone I met was cheating, therefore I must assume it was lag or connect related.

Pretty frustrating to say the least- you hammer stuff that won't die, you get taken out in a ping or two.   :(

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
look at this
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
i killed a m3 in one pass with a pee51

you have to hit it , not just shoot at it,
people are always saying 'i hit it , but it didn't die".. when i shoot a ground target my shells kick up so much dirt i lose sight of the GV most of the time and can't see if i'm hitting or not.

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
look at this
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
blame skuzy or the the M3 player isp or hiz net seting

geting bad luck on warps lagers and others

waiting the day when i begin gloriosly warp laag around

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
look at this
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2001, 11:10:00 AM »
John-

If you look, you see there are multiple hits on both M3's. You can see the hit sprites. There were at least 4-5 passes made, and he hit on every one. There is no doubting that, at least on Zig's end, there was contact.

Now the argument goes that it really doesn't matter what Zig sees, it matters what the M3's saw. Therein lies the problem; how else is Zig to determine where to shoot? If he sees hits, he knows he is hitting the right spot- or is he? And if it is not the right spot, how would he know which spot is the right spot? (insert gratuitous FDB sexual comment here  ;))

These types of things usually last a day or two for most people. It usually is related to the nature and state of the web between user and the server. Still, I know exactly how Zig feels.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
look at this
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2001, 11:29:00 AM »
I haven't looked at the film but from what I remember...
I did hear hit sounds on your first pass but less than I expected. Strangge thing is that none of my shots regestered hits pn your first pass...and I usualy do pretty good using the aa gun in vehicles. The next 2 passes <I think> you hit me more frequently and I was only able to see 3-4 hit sprites on you. You knocked out one of my tracks and on your last pass before you died I got quite a few hits on ya...I was suprised how many hits I took since I killed an M16 the previous sortie with only 20 or so Hispanos from a Seafire.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
look at this
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2001, 11:31:00 AM »
BTW...could you change the name of the film? Kind of insulting ya know :/