Author Topic: Eyecandy  (Read 4839 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Eyecandy
« on: May 09, 2010, 06:40:10 AM »
In the last graphic update we saw photorealistic ground textures, bump maping, reflections, pixel lighting on the water, animated water, new trees, dynamic shadows on planes and just recently on other planes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that HTC will keep adding to this fantastic new world they've created.

Here's my wishlist:

When I'm sitting in the cockpit I feel like there's no barrier keeping me from the elements. Some additional detail on the glass and acrylic canopies wouldn't go a miss. Reflections, a scratch here and there, maybe even a little spec of dirt in the corners where the glass/acrylic meet the metal of the airframe would be awesome!

The sky could do with some attention, in contrast to the new ground it looks rather bland and after all it's where I spend 99% of my time. Some new clouds which cast dynamic shadows on the ground would also be mind blowing. They have this in Wings of Prey and it really adds to depth perception of the virtual world. Hell, maybe even some water drops on the conopie when entering a cloud?

Anyone else have ideas?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:27:47 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Eyecandy
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 06:48:04 AM »
Maybe some new clouds ??    :pray
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 07:58:27 AM »
Clouds and their shadows are my number one wish.  Every other sim seems to have clouds that you can actually have fun in, but Aces High is more like: "Oh, it's a cloud.  Oh wait, no it isn't - it's a piece of tissue paper in the shape of a cloud."
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 09:17:54 AM »
I'd like some extra clutter that terrain builders could add to their MA terrains to make them more interesting visually, such as towns, bridges and factories. These could be taken from existing objects like the main city tiles, just minus the strat associations so they don't appear on the map as bombable objects or generate AA fire.

Also the ability for a terrain builder to add extra manned defences to bases like individual AA emplacements or anti tank guns. The former are already in the terrain editor but don't work properly.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:28:56 AM by Greebo »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 10:34:36 AM »
Clouds and their shadows are my number one wish.  Every other sim seems to have clouds that you can actually have fun in, but Aces High is more like: "Oh, it's a cloud.  Oh wait, no it isn't - it's a piece of tissue paper in the shape of a cloud."
Indeed...I don't think they'd be much of a FR hit either...I could play FS2004 fine on a laptop with 512mb and a 2.2ghz single core, onboard video.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 10:46:15 AM »
I wish for the old clouds system, those ones were amazing
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »
Indeed...I don't think they'd be much of a FR hit either...I could play FS2004 fine on a laptop with 512mb and a 2.2ghz single core, onboard video.

Yeah...even FS2000 had better clouds, IIRC.  The ones in AH are just abysmal :p
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 01:03:03 PM »
yea if anything maybe a slight tint to the glass
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 01:08:36 PM »
I have the cloud files.  They can be edited to look different (can be, but not allowed to be for MA).  For AvA/SEA terrains it should be fine though.

Greebs, I've build small ack bases if you are ever interested in using them for an AvA/SEA terrain.  They can be placed anywhere on the terrain & are country owned, although they could be field owned also.  They contain auto-ack, puffy ack & a few buildings.

:salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 01:21:40 PM »
+1 on better clouds that cast shadows on the terrain.

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 01:45:01 PM »
I want real clouds that you can fly in that reduce visibiulity like real clouds do
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 01:46:37 PM »
I want real clouds that you can fly in that reduce visibiulity like real clouds do
Turn off the icons and get up in the clouds...you will have reduced visibility. Assuming you can get the plane over 5000 feet in the first place.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 01:53:10 PM »
Turn off the icons and get up in the clouds...you will have reduced visibility. Assuming you can get the plane over 5000 feet in the first place.

no I mean I fly through clouds through most of the trip to my target, leave the clouds to strike, and re enter the clouds to get out of there, leaving the enemy wondering where I went
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 02:00:25 PM »
no I mean I fly through clouds through most of the trip to my target, leave the clouds to strike, and re enter the clouds to get out of there, leaving the enemy wondering where I went
LOL...you really have no clue do you? The clouds work now...it's that a fat glowing icon that is giving you away.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 02:13:22 PM »
LOL...you really have no clue do you? The clouds work now...it's that a fat glowing icon that is giving you away.
Yup.  Which possibly when in a bank of clouds the icon disappears...that'd be neat for sure.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com