Author Topic: "Thanks for the Check Six"  (Read 2306 times)

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Re: "Thanks for the Check Six"
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2010, 11:02:05 AM »
Five pages of replies and nobody has asked the single most important question about the original post:

Did the peanut butter sandwich fit into the VCR?  :D

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
Five pages of replies and nobody has asked the single most important question about the original post:

Did the peanut butter sandwich fit into the VCR?  :D

Of course it does, you just have to schmoosh it a little.

If you're  performing ACM it's tough to keep the guy who needs the Check-6 in your line of sight. I don't see green that well so sometimes I can't see the name of the pilot. I know people do not want me screaming out Check 6 -Check 6 on local vox in a furball without identifying the pilot.

Cheers,
gus

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline Panzerace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2010, 12:29:54 AM »
Oh it fit in the VCR alright, it was the coming out part that was the challenge.  :O
“No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.” GSP

Offline Makoyouidiot

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2010, 04:21:08 AM »
A good example of this was tonight, a certain guy was whining because he didn't get a check six, I pointed out that we can't always be watching everyone's tail all the time, and perhaps he should check it himself. His response was "bs, I've been calling out checks for everyone here this whole fight" (paraphrased) To which I said "well, that's odd, since I haven't gotten a check six from you the whole time" and then he said something about how he had check sixed me, but I could forget about it in the future ever getting one from him again, cause he remembers a-holes and so on and so forth. At which point I just began to ignore him.

The point is, if you can't check your own six once in a while, and are completely reliant on everyone around you, why not fill in this rather large gap in your flying abilities, instead of whining about it every time you die?  :neener:
Formerly known as Mako15, MakoShrk, and MattiasK, now flying as Matty, on long term leave.

"It's MAKO, you IDIOT!"