Author Topic: Seems kinda simple to solve the problem with arena caps  (Read 2722 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Seems kinda simple to solve the problem with arena caps
« on: May 24, 2010, 05:32:33 PM »
So which squads are willing to commit to living in Blue?  200+ squads listed.  A bunch of us move to blue and stay there.  Rivalries develop between squads, people get to recognize folks fighting across from them and no whines about not being able to get into Orange and no one in Blue.

Community does the work, problem solved.  No issues with finding squaddies.  You know Blue is your home.  Each arena develops a personality based on the squads within.

Since the Muppets seem to be the most visible flavor of the month squad right now, imagine knowing they're flying in Blue.  You want to kill a Muppet, Blue is the place to be.   My 80th and our rag tag bunch of 38 drivers move in too.  Now if you want to avoid tators, you can shoot 38s.  Maybe the Few and the 71st commit to Blue just so you know that the RAF contingent will be there to fight those 109 flying tator spewing AoM birds. 

Kermit, Betty and Killuminati could make the commitiment.  Then you have to watch for Tiffies and yaks.  Maybe Chanzz and the Hells Angels guys show up with more yaks. 

PoTW show up to commit to the party and pretty soon the arena is hopping with air combat

Orange gets left to the Claim Jumpers and 145 of their closest freinds.  Any of the more like minded squads could remain in Orange winning the war

I seem to recall back in the Airwarrior days it went to multiple arenas and soon each had squads that took up residence.  If you wandered from your arena to theirs, it was stepping on someone elses turf.

We have the ability with our squadrons to do this

SO who else is willing to do this?  Obviously I'm throwing the 80th Headhunters into the ring.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: Seems kinda simple to solve the problem with arena caps
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »
Solid idea
-AoM-

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 05:36:03 PM »
Actually a pretty neat idea. I like it.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 05:36:34 PM »
I'd commit the 582nd Kokutai only if there's enough in Blue to have a good fight going. Orange is where we go when blue has nobody in it (aka every freaking day)... some blue map rotations in my mind beat orange's but i kinda like killing the Clam Humpers
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 05:37:59 PM »
It would work if I could be guaranteed fights in blue at all times.  If there is nothing to be had in blue, I'm going to orange.  Not going to sacrifice fun for ideology in a video game.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 05:39:44 PM »
I just want to know what flavor I am??  :D

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 05:39:53 PM »
how about one day out of the week multiple squads go blue for the day? maybe we'd get a day long good arena... sunday's our squad night, ill have us go blue if other squads promise to do so
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 05:47:13 PM »
THe point though Grizz, is it will take some commitment on the part of these squads to change the status quo.

I was reminded of the Airwarrior days when they split arenas.  Very quickly each developed a base of squads that for lack of a better word, were loyal to the particular arena and the other squads in there.  You knew if you crossed over the river towards a particular base it was the turf of a particular squad you'd have to battle them for.  Squad rivalries became a big deal.  Those rivalries and the relationships built from them were the best part of the game.

So you see if your squad is willing to make a two week trial commitment to see if this is viable.  If it doesn't work, at least we've done something to try and create a better game environment with the power of the community.  Maybe we see if HTC would start out a week with the same map in both Orange and Blue so it wouldn't be a map whine as an excuse not to follow through.

IT seems like a viable solution to the 'I want to fly with my squaddies' whine too.  You know where they'll be

So would the muppets commit to trying it?  80th will.  Any other squads that are willing to leave the flock of sheep and start something new in Blue?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 05:49:41 PM »
how about one day out of the week multiple squads go blue for the day? maybe we'd get a day long good arena... sunday's our squad night, ill have us go blue if other squads promise to do so

I'm looking for a two week commitment to give it time to work.  Folks would have to stick with it to show they're willing to change for the cause.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 05:50:23 PM »
All my squadmates are in some mexican prison :D. I dont mind sticking to blue as long as it always has a small map. I like action and when you have 20/200 in the blue arena with such a huge map it makes for a rather dull gaming experience.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 05:52:42 PM »
THe point though Grizz, is it will take some commitment on the part of these squads to change the status quo.

I was reminded of the Airwarrior days when they split arenas.  Very quickly each developed a base of squads that for lack of a better word, were loyal to the particular arena and the other squads in there.  You knew if you crossed over the river towards a particular base it was the turf of a particular squad you'd have to battle them for.  Squad rivalries became a big deal.  Those rivalries and the relationships built from them were the best part of the game.

So you see if your squad is willing to make a two week trial commitment to see if this is viable.  If it doesn't work, at least we've done something to try and create a better game environment with the power of the community.  Maybe we see if HTC would start out a week with the same map in both Orange and Blue so it wouldn't be a map whine as an excuse not to follow through.

IT seems like a viable solution to the 'I want to fly with my squaddies' whine too.  You know where they'll be

So would the muppets commit to trying it?  80th will.  Any other squads that are willing to leave the flock of sheep and start something new in Blue?

Guppy, with all due respect, this is only looking at the game at prime time.  If I log in mid day and there are 30 people in Blue I'm not going to go there and sit around.  If it's a giant map I'm going to just hit Alt F4.  Also, for those that play late at night, Blue starts clearing out around midnight central time and everyone migrates to orange.  I'm not going to play in blue just because I am 'committed' to it.

There aren't any problems with caps during primetime, that's when they work best actually.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 05:53:24 PM »
ALL your bases are ours
Ludere Vincere

Offline ElGuapo1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yoursheephaverugburns
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 05:57:02 PM »
All my squadmates are in some mexican prison :D. I dont mind sticking to blue as long as it always has a small map. I like action and when you have 20/200 in the blue arena with such a huge map it makes for a rather dull gaming experience.
I'll need 10 freshly shaved sheep to spring your squaddies:)..oh...and a plethora of pinatas :D

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 06:09:49 PM »
Ya  why not keep it simple.  Its yes or no.  Do we really need to listen to the ideology of what your not going to do something.....

I will  give it two weeks  i can only speak for my self  tho  as im  kinda low on the totem  pole.  Acctually i think im at the bottom.

<S> 
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 06:21:26 PM »
Guppy,

As it happens, I've been thinking about the same idea and I for one am more than willing to pass on this information to Bruv and DBone. There would be a lot more action for "us people" who play at off peak times, what with everyone who's anyone populating the smaller map in Blue.

I hope it becomes a cess-pool on steriods, if you're a scrub nub and can't handle it, Orange arena is all yours.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:38:05 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."