Author Topic: Seems kinda simple to solve the problem with arena caps  (Read 2734 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Seems kinda simple to solve the problem with arena caps
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 09:31:54 PM »
I understand that we're never going to escape arena caps, but If we could turn Blue into the more populated arena than wouldn't it be justified? That alone would make playing off peak much more enjoyable for the reasons stated previous.

It's worth a try in my eyes, that's if enough squadrons are willing to partake.

It already is populated.  Well above the minimum needed to sustain good quality gameplay.

Screen shot 9:30 CST:

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 09:33:52 PM »
It already is populated.  Well above the minimum needed to sustain good quality gameplay.

(Image removed from quote.)

at peak hours yes. but if you go online at 10am EST you'll see 130 in orange and 30 in blue
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 09:35:16 PM »
at peak hours yes. but if you go online at 10am EST you'll see 130 in orange and 30 in blue

Yeah exactly, not enough players to sustain two arenas.  You'd rather have instead of 130 and 30, 80 and 80 on giant maps?  I'd rather have 160 and 0 but I'll settle for 130 and 30 with the milk runners have their fun in blue.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 09:42:19 PM »
I concur...that looks good up there.

my beef was sunday..when I only had 30 minutes...

and it looked more like:

245/150
 11/250

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 09:50:29 PM »
Yeah exactly, not enough players to sustain two arenas.  You'd rather have instead of 130 and 30, 80 and 80 on giant maps?  I'd rather have 160 and 0 but I'll settle for 130 and 30 with the milk runners have their fun in blue.
sometimes the 80 on some maps is worth it. no milk running but you get some nice 2 vs 2 or 1 vs 1 going
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2010, 11:28:40 PM »
Seems like this is a chance for the community to address what are considered by some to be the issues that reduce the enjoyment they get out of the game.  It could be an interesting experiment, I'm game.  If anyone wants to shoot my poor little 38G full of holes please queue up in an orderly fashion and head on over to blue. 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2010, 11:30:32 PM »
Seems like this is a chance for the community to address what are considered by some to be the issues that reduce the enjoyment they get out of the game.  It could be an interesting experiment, I'm game.  If anyone wants to shoot my poor little 38G full of holes please queue up in an orderly fashion and head on over to blue. 

How late will you be there because that place is going to start clearing out within an hour.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2010, 11:31:57 PM »
Guess I'll wander into Blue now that the little guy is asleep.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2010, 11:36:09 PM »
How late will you be there because that place is going to start clearing out within an hour.

Sorry Grizz, I should have worded it differently my day started at about 5:00am this morning and I'm just dragging myself along at this point and heading to bed shortly. 

I meant to say that I'm going to try and do my part over the next couple weeks and make blue my home rather than OJ.  The way I see this is that it's a chance for the community to address some of it's issues rather than relying on HTC to do it and I plan to try and chip in.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2010, 12:01:03 AM »

It will be an interesting experiment to say the least.  HiTech has always said that most of the solutions to our problems can be resolved by the community and it will be interesting to see if we can do it instead of just talking about it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2010, 12:08:20 AM »
Nice idea but somehow I'm thinking commiting my two man squad with one active member (me) who only manages a few hours a week of playtime won't make the difference.  If you look closely there's a lot of tiny squads like mine but hey, I'll take on the bigger squads alone... wth, what have I got to lose?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:10:23 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2010, 12:11:50 AM »
Nice idea but somehow I'm thinking commiting my two man squad with one active member (me) who only manages a few hours a week of playtime won't make the difference.  If you look closely there's a lot of tiny squads like mine but hey, I'll take on the bigger squads alone... wth, what have I got to lose?

Your squadron and my squadron should hook up in Blue...we can plan some devastating 2 man raids.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2010, 12:29:26 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out how this solves the inherent critical problem with the caps, which is when they activate at 12:00 central standard time day in and day out.  But hey, it should make for better quality fights in blue.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2010, 01:27:57 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out how this solves the inherent critical problem with the caps, which is when they activate at 12:00 central standard time day in and day out.  But hey, it should make for better quality fights in blue.

Maybe it doesn't.  But trying to equal out the population in both Orange and Blue can't be bad.  It also can't be a bad thing for squads to start helping to create some sort of culture in each arena.  Had some good fights tonite in Blue. 

I'd rather be doing something proactive to try and help folks who complain about not being able to 'fly with squaddies' then just waiting for the next BBS whine about arena caps.  HTC seems clear that things are not going to change when it comes to that stuff.  And frankly I don't think it has to. 

If you knew that the folks you like to fly with and against were in Blue, then you go to Blue.  If they commit to Orange, then you go to Orange. 

Right now the sheep flock to the highest number arena.  Why can't those of us who have been around a while, and have established squads, do something to change that?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2010, 01:32:19 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

9:00 PM:CET is not off peak time, try around 3/4/5PM: GMT and there's 30 max in blue and 140+ in orange. Lets say we reverse the situation and have 140+ in blue, which almost always has smaller sized map. Doesn't that sound like more fun for players who want solid action at those times? Lets just forget about the caps for a minute and just take this in.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:47:26 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."