Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 1808 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Headphones
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 04:59:14 PM »
I have ordered the HPA2's.   They should be here by Friday!   WOOWOO!  :rock

I've had mine for a couple of years and love them!  Good Choice ! :aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 08:27:35 PM »
Wow!   I love em! :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 12:18:50 PM »
If you are going to spend that kind of money then go ahead and get these from Dakmart.

http://www.dakmart.com/p11300/Sennheiser-PC350-PC-350-bstock-Ultimate-Pro-Gaming-Headset/product_info.html

BTW these are the best headphones I have EVER used in the last 20 years of playing PC games.

Going that way as we speak. I bought a cheap set of Sennheiser P-151 headphones just to try them out.

That was all it took.

:D :aok
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 08:15:03 PM »
Wow!   I love em! :rock

Still love em?  Mine went to crap today, and after reading this thread and some of the reviews on newegg, I went ahead and ordered them.  Probably won't get them till monday though (UPS doesn't run on Saturday I don't believe  :cry

<S>
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 08:16:43 PM »
Still love em?  Mine went to crap today, and after reading this thread and some of the reviews on newegg, I went ahead and ordered them.  Probably won't get them till monday though (UPS doesn't run on Saturday I don't believe  :cry

<S>

I've had mine for a year and I still love 'em.  The only issue I had was a few months ago when the mini-amp blew out but that was because the USB hub I had it connected to fried and shorted out anything that was connected to it.  Got a replacement for $40 and all is well in Ack-Ackland.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 06:33:50 AM »
I bought a set of the TB HPA a few weeks back to replace the Plantronics that my son sort of permanently borrowed.  Although I didn't realize it until they got here, he did me a huge favor.  AH sounds at least 3 times as good as the ~50 Plantronics, but music - my oh my - is almost incomparable.

it's like hearing my favorite songs for the first time all over again.

In short, I can't recommend them enough.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 07:05:03 AM »
I will never touch Sennheiser ever again. I've been through 3 of their flagship models in a single year. The mic is so fragile and blows after a minimal of use, people also noticed a buzzing sound from my mic when I would speak to them over vent.

Audio quality was really good though.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:09:12 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 10:58:07 AM »
Interesting there about the Sennheisers Kazaa. Never had that happen with any of their sets on my end...which ones did you have if you don't mind me asking? I have a set of Plantronics that just simply suck monkey nuts. I bought them for my son because they weren't outrageous in the price and he wanted something to play games with so his mom wouldn't fuss while he was online in the family room.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 07:24:52 PM »
I brought 3 Sennheiser PC16* 5.1 Pro-Gaming Headsets 3-2 years ago for £120 a pop, that's when they first came out.

They were a really good headset and I loved them to bits, sound quality was awesome for just a headset, they felt perfect on my head too. But 3 separate mic failures was simply ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:33:08 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 12:34:28 AM »
Ahhh I had heard that about the PC160 series headsets in the past. The mic would fail for whatever reason. I have a PC150 headset and a PC350 headset. I have had the 150 headset for a while now and couldn't be happier with it still after 6 + years. My PC350 headset is light years ahead of the 150 and I love them. Very comfortable and the mic just works well. Now that the PC360 is out you could probably pick up a 350 headset CHEAP if you wanted one that works well.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 01:20:19 AM »
I'm considering a wireless headset next. Most wireless setups suck but on the other hand my kids have managed to break the cables from 7 headsets now (in 8 years). When they use them, they roll around with the office chair and the wheels destroy the cable eventually. That's why I put a speaker setup to their computer but the bastages still use my desktop too.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 10:14:05 AM »

<S>

Yes I do. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »
One of my favorite things about them is how they just don't really get uncomfortable, even after wearing them for a long period of time flying on squadnights.  I love mine for sure!

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »
I brought 3 Sennheiser PC16* 5.1 Pro-Gaming Headsets 3-2 years ago for £120 a pop, that's when they first came out.

They were a really good headset and I loved them to bits, sound quality was awesome for just a headset, they felt perfect on my head too. But 3 separate mic failures was simply ridiculous.

Maybe it's ventrillo that sucks... :noid
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 02:53:38 PM »

<S>

Flipping AWESOME

Thats all

<S>
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.