Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Headphones
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
Flipping AWESOME

Thats all

<S>

:rock     :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2010, 04:58:39 PM »
Flipping AWESOME

Thats all

<S>

Another convert  :devil

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Cobra516

• Copper Member
      • Virtual Thunderbirds
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 05:54:53 PM »
Wanted to add a vote for the Turtle Beach HPA2 - it's an outstanding headset.  It's extremely comfortable and has great sound quality.  It has nice adjustable bass, which a lot of gaming headsets seem to lack, most are very "tinny"/flat and sound like they have too much treble.  It's perfect for gaming, movies and music. 

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/pc-gaming-headsets/ear-force-hpa2.aspx
Slipping the surly bonds.

"Ray" #3 Right Wing
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »
One other thing if you use TIR it can easily be put on these HP. I used some thin wire to wrap around the TIR and top of HP but wire tie would work also.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 06:33:32 AM »
Make that another convert!  I received mine yesterday before leaving for work and only had enough time to set it up and test it.  The sound quality is just amazing! :rock  I can't wait to get home from work and put them to the test in AH later this morning.  Thanks for the information about these headphones.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 06:51:15 AM »
got a set of sennheiser PC161s a few days ago, havent used them for AH yet but for listening to music they are a revelation. literally. eg. listening to steely dan's two against nature I'm hearing stuff in the mix ive never heard before. when they're run in they'll be stunning :aok

I have the HD 205s, no mic attached but I use them mostly for music production. Sennheiser make the best headphones on the planet.  :aok
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 07:04:43 AM »
How good is the HPA2's microphone quality?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2010, 07:38:15 AM »

Really good.  Clear and adequately loud, and it's flexible so you can put it where you want it.  I can bend mine away from my mouth to eat or drink a beer and still be heard absolutely clearly.  The mic is why I got these in the first place. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »

Absolutely SUPERB

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 08:43:03 PM »

Really good.  Clear and adequately loud, and it's flexible so you can put it where you want it.  I can bend mine away from my mouth to eat or drink a beer and still be heard absolutely clearly.  The mic is why I got these in the first place. 

Absolutely SUPERB

I agree that the sound quality is very good but there is a defect with the microphone that unfortunately has never been fixed and it will affect all HPA2's eventually.  However, it's not the end of the world and its very easy to fix and only takes about 2-3 minutes.  The wiring in the microphone (due to the design) can get pinched which causes the microphone to stop working.  To fix it, you just pop open the microphone and move the wire off to the side, close up the microphone and it's fixed.  Had this happen to me and I thought it was a dead microphone until I read one some forum about this issue and fixed it myself. 

That has been the only issue I've encountered with the HPA2s and in my opinion, it's such a minor issue that shouldn't keep sway anyone's mind to not getting them.  I just wanted to post it in case anyone experiences their microphone going south on them and are worried its dead.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 10:32:24 AM »

Actually it's great!  I also love the fact that the headset has 8 speakers in it and I can now determine when somebody is behind me or beside me while in a GV.  I did have to change the profile for sound from stereo headphones to 5.1 speakers to get the best effects.  This was under control panel/sounds/properties.  I have not yet tested it in windblows 7 64 bit, but will in just a few minutes.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 12:50:40 PM »
Well they work great under winblows7 64-bit also.  I'm just amazed at the difference between my old Platonics "Gamecom" headset that I was using.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 01:08:41 PM »
I agree that the sound quality is very good but there is a defect with the microphone that unfortunately has never been fixed and it will affect all HPA2's eventually.  However, it's not the end of the world and its very easy to fix and only takes about 2-3 minutes.  The wiring in the microphone (due to the design) can get pinched which causes the microphone to stop working.  To fix it, you just pop open the microphone and move the wire off to the side, close up the microphone and it's fixed.  Had this happen to me and I thought it was a dead microphone until I read one some forum about this issue and fixed it myself. 

That has been the only issue I've encountered with the HPA2s and in my opinion, it's such a minor issue that shouldn't keep sway anyone's mind to not getting them.  I just wanted to post it in case anyone experiences their microphone going south on them and are worried its dead.

ack-ack

Hrmm.. I actually have the AK-R8 model... the headset is Identical to the HPA2 except the amplifier box doubles as a USB sound card device.  Anyway, I've had it for over two years now, and not one single problem with the microphone.  Perhaps they just had a bad 'batch' with this possible issue, and you just happened to get one <shrug>.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2010, 04:32:01 AM »
Ahhh I had heard that about the PC160 series headsets in the past. The mic would fail for whatever reason. I have a PC150 headset and a PC350 headset. I have had the 150 headset for a while now and couldn't be happier with it still after 6 + years. My PC350 headset is light years ahead of the 150 and I love them. Very comfortable and the mic just works well. Now that the PC360 is out you could probably pick up a 350 headset CHEAP if you wanted one that works well.
I have the PC350, love them. Currently priced around 120.00 bucks new 79.00 used.
                                                                             <S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »
When I see the prices you guys post for the Senn 350s it makes me cry.
But they are fantastic.