Author Topic: Collisions  (Read 5963 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Collisions
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2010, 06:36:23 AM »
Unfortunately yes, it may be unfair but this is how it was in the war and still is the same last time I checked in real life
when a Japanesse kamikaze'd a ship did the ship sail off with no damage and no crew killed?

I'm not sure if you really looked at the picture.
You are just saying you want to get collision damage even though the enemy plane you just successfully evaded never came closer than 50 feet...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2010, 07:01:46 AM »
Lets approach this from another angle.

Those wanting both parties to take damage let me try and paint you a pictures of what you're asking for and how you'll hate what you want.

One day in the MA you're flying along to go PwN some NeWbzOoRS when a plane, lets say a P51, dives attempting to HO you. Now you have time to react and nose down and dive away, clearly avoiding the HO by a hundred feet or so. On your screen you miss the P51, however, a second after the pass your right wing falls off and you receive the message "ExamplePlayer1337 has collided with you." So there you are, on the way to a death even though you CLEARLY avoided the enemy plane.

I'd be willing to bet a months subscription that those of you who want this changed would be back in here the same week it went live BEGGING for HT to rollback the system to the previous method.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2010, 09:19:34 AM »
I have it, after 15 years of the collision debate I truly have a new collision method. I write an auto collision debate tracker for the bbs. As soon as some one argues the merits of both die, they get their wish. A flag is set for them so that the requester dies as they happily fly by ,waving there hand at an  airplane, just as they requested.

I then charge $30 to remove the flag when they request it a few days later.

HiTech
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:21:19 AM by hitech »

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2010, 09:54:43 AM »
I have it, after 15 years of the collision debate I truly have a new collision method. I write an auto collision debate tracker for the bbs. As soon as some one argues the merits of both die, they get their wish. A flag is set for them so that the requester dies as they happily fly by ,waving there hand at an  airplane, just as they requested.

HiTech

:rofl  Brilliant  :aok
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2010, 09:58:16 AM »

HiTech

You will be gettin' filthy rich  :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2010, 12:40:56 PM »
Awesome!

Make it so please!

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2010, 01:35:51 PM »
lol HiTech.

:aok
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2010, 02:06:57 PM »
hey now I am a bit confused......This is real life damn-it........who said it was a game :furious

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2010, 03:11:22 PM »
Wow ... the "cluelessness" is strong with this bunch ... :rolleyes:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2010, 03:21:17 PM »

HiTech

That would be so awesome !!!

The text buffer would be something like this ...

When you log in ...

HOST: It has been established that you are clueless about the collision model ... your collision flag is set to full "realism" .... muhahahah

Later on in a tight knife fight ...

HOST: Lusche has collided with you in his P-51
HOST: You didn't collide with Lusche in your P-47
HOST: You will be sent to the tower in 5 seconds ...
HOST: 4 ...
HOST: 3 ...
HOST: 2 ...
HOST: 1 ...
HOST: We are changing your in game ID to Toyota ..."You asked for it ... You got it"
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2010, 03:42:08 PM »

HiTech

That is absolutely brilliant!  :rofl
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2010, 05:22:07 PM »

HiTech
OOOOOO can  they have a special icon in game so we know who to fly close to ...... please. :pray :devil
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2010, 07:09:42 PM »

HiTech

Crushing tiny brains with an intellectual hammer feels good, but it ain't good for business.   :D

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2010, 09:53:57 PM »
OOOOOO can  they have a special icon in game so we know who to fly close to ...... please. :pray :devil
Heheheeee the fun to be had . . .  :aok
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2010, 11:09:40 PM »

HiTech

Perfect, I say let it be so!
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil