Author Topic: Fourth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 26325 times)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
Re: Fourth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #330 on: June 22, 2010, 10:57:50 PM »
Lazer/Elfy

I'm having comp problems going to have to reinstall the operating system after getting a virus, should have it fixed within a few days.

I'm not going to say I'm totally fixed up but I've removed 6 trogans, 1 malware, 4 rootkit's, and 2 hijack taskmanager files.  We'll see I believe I got the problems
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #331 on: June 22, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »
he said he was avail. after 6pm PST, i waited online for 4 hours, the only day I could do it.

I think seeing as TnDep is having computer issues, further time could have been alotted.  At least advance the guy that is going to win? lol

good luck I guess.

I think maybe you should look at the hours played, and maybe see who is more available.  Many of the hours played by me, were hours requested by him.  Dueling me is pretty much "I play enough, you'll find me if you try."   From what i understand he was pretty hard to schedule in a previous duel.

No offense to elfy, but grizz has a pretty easy run at the bracket now.

Have fun  :aok

Again:

- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in the Bracket and Results thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance, provided their post was at least 48 hours prior to the round closing deadline. If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, if neither player posts, or if a single player posts inside the 48 hour window then a random draw will determine which player advances.

These rules are in place specifically to avoid this type of problem in order to keep the tournament moving along smoothly.  You had every opportunity to post in this thread by the deadline to try to arrange your duels just as akELFY did.  Had you done so and didn't get the duel in then you may have advanced by random draw.  More likely had both of you been making an effort the duels would have happened within those 48 hours.

While I've been, IMO, very accomodating with the 48 hour extensions I'm generally unwilling to go beyond that except in rare instances because that limits the next duels to only 3-4 days to be arranged and fought.  I then have to extend those duels at the same time.  Now one or two players are affecting two weeks and two more players (the next duel and the one after that). 

Sorry but I have to draw a line in the sand somewhere and that's why these rules are in place.  I've asked repeatedly for everyone to read and understand them.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #332 on: June 22, 2010, 11:07:59 PM »
Elfy I'm off tomorrow and thursday name the time Sir! and I'll be there lets get this done early  :salute Good Luck
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #333 on: June 22, 2010, 11:12:12 PM »
Good luck Bosco.  TY for your service Sir. :salute
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #334 on: June 22, 2010, 11:13:52 PM »
 :salute Bosco

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #335 on: June 22, 2010, 11:18:50 PM »
Well I must forefeit from the Dueling Bracket. I just found out today that I will be shipping to boot camp Monday, June 28th, which is this monday.

Ardy123 will continue on to face whoever in the Semis, best of luck to him.
Best of luck to all and congrats to whoever wins! (cough cough Grizz cough cough :D)

<S>!

Ah, sorry we couldn't fight, was looking forward to it :(. Good luck at boot camp, best of luck  :salute
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #336 on: June 22, 2010, 11:37:43 PM »
Well I must forefeit from the Dueling Bracket. I just found out today that I will be shipping to boot camp Monday, June 28th, which is this monday.

Ardy123 will continue on to face whoever in the Semis, best of luck to him.
Best of luck to all and congrats to whoever wins! (cough cough Grizz cough cough :D)

<S>!

Bosco,

Thanks for the fights and keep your head down...two things...when the DI's preceed any statement with "I strongly suggest.." or "You will see this material again.." perform the suggestion or write it down.  Second, it is a head game...keep your body and your wits about you because their job is to find your weakspot, no matter what it is, and exploit it...its not personal, its business.

One last thing...please tell your mother that Uncle Changeup is very appreciative of her that mothers in this great nation are still producing son's like you.  Keep us posted on your progress and graduate honors...it will help you punch your ticket...it follows you everywhere.  Godspeed my friend...

V/r :salute

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2010, 11:48:10 PM »
2 hijack taskmanager files. 

OOOOH diddlyers!

I feel your pain Tn.....dealt with these...ugly to try and play the game with

My FPS would drop on my comp from 60 to 7....every time this thing popped off

Good luck you guys...
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #338 on: June 23, 2010, 12:53:30 AM »
Yea right, I'll be lucky to make it past Drbone.
exactly bone will be tuff
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #339 on: June 23, 2010, 02:55:31 AM »
Good luck Bosco

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #340 on: June 23, 2010, 07:37:37 PM »
Ardy would probably win anyways.

<Casts line into Bosco's pond>

:D

Pffft, you just want Ardy to win b/c you know you stand a decent chance of beating him in the finals.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #341 on: June 23, 2010, 11:01:52 PM »
Hmm i dunno, Ardy or Bosco would be a tough fight for anyone.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #342 on: June 23, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »
Hmm i dunno, Ardy or Bosco would be a tough fight for anyone.

Bosco's not that tough of a fight.

He took me out in about a minute. That's total time for both fights. Not tough at all.

:salute  Bosco

Thank you for your service.

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #343 on: June 24, 2010, 12:51:12 AM »
I haven't fought Bosco very much, but Ardy has definitely improved :aok

Offline waystin2