Author Topic: Sherman DD  (Read 2345 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Sherman DD
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 08:22:45 PM »

Honestly Ack-Ack, just model the skirt, the rudder, and have it "drive" like an LVT. Add a button that lowers the skirt, and you're done.

Props as well. :aok

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »
Is this going to lead to another AKAK v Squeeker duel.  :x  :cheers:  :bolt:
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 09:20:41 PM »
Is this going to lead to another AKAK v Squeeker duel.  :x  :cheers:  :bolt:
popcorns ready
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 09:44:59 PM »
Then request the LVT4s be given the historically correct option of being able to select AP rounds in addition to HE rounds.
AP and/or a few HEAT rounds would be nice.   HEAT would probably be a little better given the gun's low muzzle velocity.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 11:08:38 PM »
I already know whats going to happen.

Ack-Ack: "the Sherman DD had a 3 mm higher armour plate off the tread and the turret was one micro metre lower than the normal sherman and so therefore needs a complete remodel and is so forth a COMPLETE waste. Besides it was not used and it was useless even though combat reports prove otherwise they were written by siberian monkeys for propaganda in sweatshops by the allies as fakes RARARARARARARARARA"

Squeaker: But you wouldnt have to alter the whole model, the visual differences are minimal and such is the fact that like the P-47 you would only have to morph it to achieve what you want. And then you just change the performance figures accordingly.

Ack -Ack: Common sense and A valid point? THIS IS ACES HIGH BULLETIN WARS!

Get what I mean (cough) Stuka tankbuster thread (cough)
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 12:21:46 AM »
Ack-Ack, that IS all that is needed. What more is a DD Sherman than an M4A3 with a canvas skirt over a metal frame strapped on, and props on the back. If there is some REAL difference, then please point it out to me. Performance wise, and visually, it would be an M4A3 DD.

I didn't know the LVTA4 was able to fire AP rounds. I would like them, with a few HEAT rounds as well if they were used (As E25280 said, the muzzle velocity is rather low). But this is a thread about the DD Sherman.

So far, YOU seem to be the only one with an objection.

Is this going to lead to another AKAK v Squeaker duel.  :x  :cheers:  :bolt:
I resent the squeaker comment. And I would be fine dueling him if I can discern wether or not he is AkAk, or if there is an Ack-Ack I haven't seen in the arenas. It seems we are able to play at different times, and so its a little difficult.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2010, 12:29:06 PM »
I already know whats going to happen.

Ack-Ack: "the Sherman DD had a 3 mm higher armour plate off the tread and the turret was one micro metre lower than the normal sherman and so therefore needs a complete remodel and is so forth a COMPLETE waste. Besides it was not used and it was useless even though combat reports prove otherwise they were written by siberian monkeys for propaganda in sweatshops by the allies as fakes RARARARARARARARARA"

Squeaker: But you wouldnt have to alter the whole model, the visual differences are minimal and such is the fact that like the P-47 you would only have to morph it to achieve what you want. And then you just change the performance figures accordingly.

Ack -Ack: Common sense and A valid point? THIS IS ACES HIGH BULLETIN WARS!

You can tell when it's summer, the squeaker village idiots start to come out.

Get what I mean (cough) Stuka tankbuster thread (cough)

Do you find being stupid comes naturally to you or do you have to work at it?  

Re-read that particular thread and you'll see why you're wrong.  The wish was for a G-2, which is based off of the Ju 87D-5 and to make the G-2, means that HTC would have needed to model the D-5 because it was different than the D-3 in terms of flight performance (longer wings, less weight, more powerful engine).  It would have been far more feasible and would take less development time, resources and achieve the same results if the existing Ju 87D-3 would be given the ordnance option of 37mm Flak 18 gun pods, which would then turn the D-3 into a G-1.

So this begs the question I posed earlier...do you find being stupid comes naturally or do you work really hard at it?  

ack-ack
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 12:54:20 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2010, 12:35:45 PM »
Ack-Ack, that IS all that is needed. What more is a DD Sherman than an M4A3 with a canvas skirt over a metal frame strapped on, and props on the back. If there is some REAL difference, then please point it out to me. Performance wise, and visually, it would be an M4A3 DD.

Again, if you think just slapping on a graphic of the skirt is all it takes you're just showing your ignorance.  Not surprising since you have no clue as to what is needed to add things to the game from a development stand point.

I didn't know the LVTA4 was able to fire AP rounds. I would like them, with a few HEAT rounds as well if they were used (As E25280 said, the muzzle velocity is rather low).

Of course you didn't, you're really not that knowledgeable on WW2 stuff.  

So far, YOU seem to be the only one with an objection.

I'd rather have HTC spend their limited resources and time in developing things that this game really needs instead of just wasting it with stuff like this.

I resent the squeaker comment. And I would be fine dueling him if I can discern wether or not he is AkAk, or if there is an Ack-Ack I haven't seen in the arenas. It seems we are able to play at different times, and so its a little difficult.

Take it up with the person that called you one, or better yet wipe those tears and snot from your face and stop crying about being called a squeaker.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 12:44:42 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 06:06:32 PM »
ak-ak and ack-ack are the same person nemesis :rolleyes: good luck if you really wanna die many times
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 09:25:04 PM »
Your very arogant aren't you Ack-Ack?

As I said, please inform me as to what else it would take to make a sherman DD besides having it look like a sherman DD, and function like a sherman DD? The fact is it doesn't matter if the suspension is the one the sherman DD used, simply because it is irrelivant. No one will ever see it, no one can ever call HTC on it, no one will know, and (most likely) no one will care. If something looks like a helicopter, and flys like a helicopter, then it is a helicopter regardless of wether it uses a planes prop for the tail rotor, and has a car's engine.

I wouldn't really call the fact that the LVTA4 could fire AP rounds "widely known". In fact, it seems like you wouln't know that unless you were studying it; its not something that will be related to anything else. You're not going to see something like, "The 76mm armed shermans were introduced to compensate for the poor armor penetration of the 75mm armed shermans. The cannon's armor penetration is just slightly superior to that of the LVTA4..." on a web page.

Ack-Ack, you aren't the one who gets to judge wether or not the sherman DD is a valuable use of resources, hitech is. And your suggestion of giving the LVT some AP rounds would likely take just as much time as adding the skirt, rudder, and props to the M4. They would have to find the balistics of the weapon, see if its muzzle velocity was affected by firing AP rounds as opposed to HE rounds, they would have to model the shell drop, velocity and whatever else they use (unless of course they have a basic cannon template, and just give it the specs of the gun they want, and then change the visual stuff).

And I believe I WAS taking it up witht he person who made that remark. Not all of my post was directed toward you, just as the planets don't revolve around you.

321BAR, I'm fine with loosing, as I likely will. I know he's better than me at fighters; I just wana see how long I can evade him in my 190A5.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 09:48:37 PM »
The fact is it doesn't matter if the suspension is the one the sherman DD used, simply because it is irrelivant. No one will ever see it, no one can ever call HTC on it, no one will know, and (most likely) no one will care.
If you really think this, you really haven't been paying attention to these boards.  Accuracy of the modeling of the equipment is a constant debate.  Little history for you -- when the Firefly was about to be introduced, Pyro originally modeled it with a .50cal pintle mounted gun.  There was quite a lengthy thread and quite a lot of searching for any data to support whether the Firefly was ever actually deployed with it.  No supporting date was found.  One person found a picture (perhaps several - memory fails) that showed a Firefly with a .30 cal attached.  Guess what we have in the game.

You could say that "no one would notice" if we had a .50 cal instead -- but you would say wrong.  So AKAK has good reason to have the position he has on this subject.  It's called experience.  Speaking of which . . .

Again, if you think just slapping on a graphic of the skirt is all it takes you're just showing your ignorance.  Not surprising since you have no clue as to what is needed to add things to the game from a development stand point.

And your suggestion of giving the LVT some AP rounds would likely take just as much time as adding the skirt, rudder, and props to the M4.
Perhaps you should refrain from lecturing someone about a topic on which you have no experience. 

Pop quiz.  Why do you suppose AKAK knows you have no game development experience?
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 09:56:13 PM »

well you don't have to be really
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 10:24:08 PM »
Now Ack Ack I warned you about this type of behavior...

Simply inciting the "HT" does not make you right, nor smarter than anyone else here.
You havent learnd to respect other people's opinions, and your OPINION on how HT needs to spend "limited resources" is just that..., AN OPINION.

Now I cant pull you down off of your high horse, but I can stand up to you, and support the persons that you repeatedly try and belittle, and I will continue to do so until you STOP with the mudslinging, and give a rational opposing possition instead of a slight ment to degrade, and belittle other players.

Now obviously remodeling a pre-egsisting GV is easier than introducing a new one, im sure that we can agree on that.
Secondly ALOT of players consider this a good idea, and to call one player un-intelligent is to call them all un-intelligent...

I hear that you are a good stick in the MA ACk, but the problem with you is bettween your ego and your fingtips..., mabey the next time you decide to discredit an entire thread supporting an idea, you should think about what the community wants instead of your own misguided attempts to call into question everyones intelligence... toodles  :aok
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:32:00 PM by stephen »
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 10:40:12 PM »
Your very arogant aren't you Ack-Ack?

I wouldn't really call the fact that the LVTA4 could fire AP rounds "widely known". In fact, it seems like you wouln't know that unless you were studying it; its not something that will be related to anything else. You're not going to see something like, "The 76mm armed shermans were introduced to compensate for the poor armor penetration of the 75mm armed shermans. The cannon's armor penetration is just slightly superior to that of the LVTA4..." on a web page.

If you had read about any of the battles the Marines fought in the PTO, you would have learned this little fact.

Ack-Ack, you aren't the one who gets to judge wether or not the sherman DD is a valuable use of resources, hitech is. And your suggestion of giving the LVT some AP rounds would likely take just as much time as adding the skirt, rudder, and props to the M4. They would have to find the balistics of the weapon, see if its muzzle velocity was affected by firing AP rounds as opposed to HE rounds, they would have to model the shell drop, velocity and whatever else they use (unless of course they have a basic cannon template, and just give it the specs of the gun they want, and then change the visual stuff).

Of course, only HiTech could tell us what he considers to be valuable use of his resources but from a development standpoint, it's not as simple as just adding a skirt, rudder and props and out comes a Sherman DD.  Again, since you have no idea what it entails in developing a game it is understandable that you have no clue on this subject.  Get your name in some credits for game and then come back and talk to me.

321BAR, I'm fine with loosing, as I likely will. I know he's better than me at fighters; I just wana see how long I can evade him in my 190A5.

As long as it takes me to complete a half a turn.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2010, 10:42:29 PM »
Now Ack Ack I warned you about this type of behavior...

What are you going to do other than spam the report button and tell Skuzzy what a mean man AKAK has been towards you?

ack-ack