Author Topic: Memorial Flight Attackers  (Read 5282 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Memorial Flight Attackers
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »
Next TT in honor of VEGA lets do the same thing. But this time honor him by all three sides upping to 20k and enMass meet at an agreed time over the center of the map and have the biggest no holds barred Furball in the history of the game. We can call it VEGA's Rumble.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2010, 05:49:55 PM »
MA is the place to hold these memorial flights, I have been in one so far, sadly I did not make last nights, I did not know Vega, but I would have honored this memorial the same way I did the last  one I was in,  Flying along side a huge crowd of nme cons, with out a single bullet fired. I will remember that Memorial flight for a very long time.
we all auger'd into the ground at the end it was awesome.

those that attacked this one,  if they knew it was a memorial flight they should be slapped by every one who was in it.

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2010, 06:29:47 PM »
I am in no way trying to argue with you shreck!!!  But I probably know more dead people than most people do and so I always try to at least spend a few hours thinking about good ole days.  That does not include some neighbor I barely know however.  So either you worded the question carefully, or you may not be thinking about it right.  

Well I agree for the most part. Knowing more dead people than most others is a rather large and weird statement but, so be it! Ofcourse the folks that you've known should be remembered and they're lives reflected upon and embraced, but everyone else doesn't know who you've known and thus they have no memories of them so why drag they're wake thru everyone elses reality is all I meant to say!

Honor, caring and respect would be better served IF those that knew him gathered some funds to relieve the surviving family members of the additional financial stress they will encounter, this is always the best way to show care from affar!  IMO

Now IF I knew this man then I may think totally different, I doubt it but maybe. That I will freely admit.

:cheers:                         :salute

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »
The problem with having these in the MA's, is no refs.  There was one on the Knight side that was repeatedly told that this was a memorial flight and do not attack on range, and attacked anyway.   Unfortunately no powers in the MA's so I couldn't make him watch tv, but I really wanted too.  All in all I think it went fairly well, and actually didn't turn out to be as big of a mess as I predicted it could become.  I do believe that most, if not all, that attacked the actual memorial flight were told on range by their own countrymen what the deal was.  I know on the Knight side over A1 everyone was told on range what was going on. 

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Bandit92

• Zinc Member
      • 91st Bomb Group
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2010, 07:56:53 PM »
     I don't really see the point of this post other than to continue bad feelings.
Vega is gone, and a bunch of you honored his passing, the rest is unnecessary.

:aok I have to agree with you Rino  :aok. Vega would not have wanted everyone arguing like this. I flew with Vega and the other Dickweeds on here, off and on for 9 years. Vega was a very, very respectful man and pilot (both in real and in game). I have a lot of respect for Vega and the Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group. Now put yourselves in his shoes. Would he have wanted this in the forums??? Would his wife appreciate this??? Would the Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group appreciate this??? I don't think so..........THINK ABOUT IT!!!! Have some respect for his family, friends, and squaddies. They not only lost their C.O., but their close friend and family member.

:salute Vega
So many planes shot down. So many lives taken. So many bombs dropped. All in a days work :salute

Offline OSU

• Copper Member
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2010, 08:03:14 PM »
I also thought it went well and I enjoyed every minute of it. Me and several squad mates all upped B-17's or 24's and joined up. For a memorial flight in the MA it went a lot better than I expected. I only had one qualm last night and that was getting shot down by Ernst21 ( :furious  :mad:).  I agree with Big Rat. There was to my knowledge only one player on the Knight side who attacked the flight even though he was warned over vox and the text buffer about 30 times. I must say that I felt bad to be on the same side as someone who would have the gall to land his kills too. All in all it was a very fun and enjoyable, though somber experience.

:salute to Vega and and prayers for his family and friends sent.
If I can't win, I die. But if I win, I live. And I can't win if I don't fight.
--Mikasa Ackerman

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2010, 08:13:05 PM »
 :salute  Won't argue anything you said my Brotha!!!

Well I agree for the most part. Knowing more dead people than most others is a rather large and weird statement but, so be it! Ofcourse the folks that you've known should be remembered and they're lives reflected upon and embraced, but everyone else doesn't know who you've known and thus they have no memories of them so why drag they're wake thru everyone elses reality is all I meant to say!

Honor, caring and respect would be better served IF those that knew him gathered some funds to relieve the surviving family members of the additional financial stress they will encounter, this is always the best way to show care from affar!  IMO

Now IF I knew this man then I may think totally different, I doubt it but maybe. That I will freely admit.

:cheers:                         :salute
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2010, 08:20:02 PM »
Well when you see a huge formation - with pilots from all three countries - and no one is opening fire on each other...i mean come on...you'd have to be severely retarded, to the point of near incapacitation, to not realize something was going on....and when you get behind 4 sets of bombers in a form, shoot all of them down and realize no one has opened up on you...i mean...really....anyone who says they didn't know are full of it.

But all in all, it was a GREAT tribute that went very well. All 3 countries came together as a whole in memory of a leader, a foe, teacher and friend. I know that Vega would have been proud of everyone who took part, and would have been extremely happy with us Dickweeds for not opening up on the losers. He also would put a price on their heads ;)

<S> VEGA

MarineUS
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 08:24:12 PM by MarineUS »
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2010, 08:22:31 PM »
Didn't that ultra melon trooper2 come in and vulch 8 guys?

Bet he felt mighty proud of that one.  Guy sucks in the MA.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2010, 09:00:30 PM »
1:spikes, ever think trooper may be a little kid around 11 or even less? Listen, theres explanations for things.

2:this thread freaking NEEDS TO STOP. YES people shot at all of us, NO we never fought back out of respect for Vega
(by the way, his wife flew with the Dickweeds in one of the bombers...I'm pretty sure if family is involved then the flight was a perfect way to honor the man...)

3:people will be jerks or completely stupid. you gotta deal with it, ignore what happened and be thankful the flight went the way it did.

4:I am PROUD of how most of us acted in that flight. I was the fighter lead, we flew WITH other enemy fighters. some of us even winged with a 262 who joined us in a 4 person V. i saw 3 knight P51Ds 2 rook P51s and 2 Bish P51s wing in a formation and i saw 4 knight 109 Fs (1 was a G) flying a perfect diamond making flybys on the formation. Respect the people who gave respect. IGNORE the ones who didnt give respect because they either did it for attention, perks, score, fun, or they are either too childish (or a child), or could not speak english and saw what was going on as a bomber run. For most of the explanations for their actions they will not change their attitude no matter how you flame them...

Just deal with it, move on, and deal with life...

<S> to Vega and all who truly knew him. I wish I had... This was for them, not for all of us in game pilots who barely knew him unlike the Dickweeds and others.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2010, 09:30:41 PM »
Man, some of those formations were unreal keeping tight through their passes.  It was definately a sight to behold. 
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2010, 09:43:15 PM »
Far less shooting than I had anticipated, there was little doubt that there would be a few that didn't know or didn't care.

That being said;

During the flight I winged with my squaddies for a while, a Knight for a bit, and Rook for short time, I thought it was awesome. To look around at hundreds upon hundreds of red and green cons, and know that all these people took the time to join up to show respect for someone a lot of them didn't even know made me feel good about this community. And admit it or not it's the community that keeps a very large number of us coming back, if not we would disable chat and not visit the BBS. I thought it was a wonderful tribute to a person who obviously enjoyed this game and community enough to keep him here for over a decade.

<S> Vega
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2010, 09:57:51 PM »
Didn't that ultra melon trooper2 come in and vulch 8 guys?

Bet he felt mighty proud of that one.  Guy sucks in the MA.

If you did not want shot at or vulched, the flight should have been in the SEA or the TA.  Because in the MA I view any RED icon as FAIR GAME.  Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, also you don't pay my subscription, so I will play the game the way that I want to.

Also <S> VEGA. My Condolences for his family.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »
I'm glad I wasn't flying.

I only read selected posts on the BBs, not every one.  I knew there was something going on regarding a memorial but didn't have a clue where or when it would be.

Once in the arenas I largely ignore 200 and the entire text buffer in general unless I've just killed someone, been killed by someone or landed kills so I'd likely never have picked up on 200 chatter.

I would NEVER have expected anyone flying a memorial in the MA's.  That's just a STUPID idea.  Sorry for being blunt.

I could have easily seen myself stumbling into this unwittingly.  Fortunately I didn't.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2010, 10:48:15 PM »
I disagree on taking it to the TA.  A memorial flight for someone should be a decent reminder to anyone in the MA, that there are far more serious things in life then anything to do with cartoon airplanes.  Those that took the time to plan and participate in such a memorial flight seem to understand this.

Will there be folks who don't understand it and whose cartoon egos believe blowing up pixels is more important?  Sure.  

Thankfully it sounds like the majority of folks respected the memorial flight for what it was.

QFT

Obituaries, funeral processions, grave sites, memorials etc are all done publicly to honor those who have passed....the MA is our public arena...

idiots who interrupt these events are attention seeking immature fools who want the attention taken away from the fallen and redirected on themselves...
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB