Author Topic: 10 Noob Lessons from a Noob  (Read 3278 times)

Offline ntjunior

• Zinc Member
Re: 10 Noob Lessons from a Noob
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 08:39:25 PM »
Great post.
I am here just a couple weeks and after reading this I realize I am not the only one suffering a lot like a rookie.
JrRush64.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 08:43:08 PM by ntjunior »
Still learning...

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 10:47:21 AM »
Great post !
With that said there is one more thing that I did as a noob. Whenever i waqs shot down , I would pm the shooter and ask what I did wrong or what I can do better.
By being respectful I found new friends and learned more.
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline SkullAce

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 08:28:35 PM »
Great stuff for the noob, I would like to add my noob 2 cents, read-read and read some more, great stuff on the trainer’s sites. I highly recommend a book "In Pursuit" by Johan Kylander for the noob.  I believe German WWII noob pilots would fly over head and watch one of their Ace’s fight to learn, so tried it myself and watched the films to learn. Lastly, if you have not tried the WWI arena try it, I find it a little less strenuous on your SA more 1vs1 great group of pilots flying there. In the short time that I have been flying, the game has become a lot more enjoyable with the new knowledge I have acquired, but you have to put in some classroom time. Sorry I jumped on this post kind of late but i'm a noob and wanted to get my first post in, thanks <S>

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »
Great post Dud.  You will go quite far here Sir. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 08:27:09 AM »
Amazing post  :salute

1) Get a trainer

<-
<-
2) Join a squad where people are willing to traine you. Preferably the best one in the game  :D

Allways bear in mind they know and you don't and you have come to them for help.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »
two very good first posts in this thread, there may be hope for the future yet.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 07:43:31 PM »
Great post.
I am here just a couple weeks and after reading this I realize I am not the only one suffering a lot like a rookie.
JrRush64.

Great post dud. In the past few weeks I've seemed to come across you alot JrRush, and you've been a tougher kill every time. Keep at it, like other's have said, the learning curve is steep, but do-able. :salute

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 06:54:33 AM »
wow, great post dud :salute

like Krusty said, the learning curve on this game is very long and complicated. i've been playing for almost two years now and i'm still learning almost every day!!

now if only all the noobs would learn to take advice.....
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 07:26:47 AM »
Great post !  :salute
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 01:21:56 PM »
Wonderful post dud.

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 02:20:37 PM »
wow, great post dud :salute

like Krusty said, the learning curve on this game is very long and complicated. i've been playing for almost two years now and i'm still learning almost every day!!

Learning more and more each day you play ? even after years of experience ?

How can that be true, if it is, please put a list on here for me wild, on what your still learning each day ?

Because i know this game is not as difficult as most people say  :).

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 02:50:09 PM »
Because i know this game is not as difficult as most people say  :).

71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 05:43:43 PM »
Learning more and more each day you play ? even after years of experience ?
How can that be true, if it is, please put a list on here for me wild, on what your still learning each day ?

I've been doing this since 1989, starting with Air Warrior, through every incarnation of Aces High, right through to today without a break... and I'm still learning.

Like most things in life, the more you learn, the more you realize what you don't know.

That's why I'm still having as much fun today as I had at the beginning.

Badboy

The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 07:32:41 AM »
I've been doing this since 1989, starting with Air Warrior, through every incarnation of Aces High, right through to today without a break... and I'm still learning.

Like most things in life, the more you learn, the more you realize what you don't know.

That's why I'm still having as much fun today as I had at the beginning.

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 08:52:01 AM »
Okay guys, please put a list of what you learned, say from yesterday...

Life is different from a game, in life your day is never the same, you may do things you've never done before, of course your going to learn in every day life (that's well known), its how life goes !

The point is, i wonder if people just like saying their learning more each day on AH, i know i would never say it, because i would not be telling the truth... the only thing that's new is the people, and htc adds new objects to the game every so often.

Its not difficult because I've played AH, when i first started i could not hit a thing, (Not even a tree :D)... I say the truth, i wanted to get so good with fighters that it made me feel like i was dumb, how i could not hit anything or out maneuver anyone. I knew how to fly, i knew how to shoot, what i didn't know is how good you can get at a game like this, after a few years known as 4, i played so hard that i could almost knock down anyone in a fighter. just last night i got 5 kills in a P-38, no sweat (lost and elevator and a few things) but still up. today I'm not taking the game very seriously anymore, like i did back then. I realized just how much time i put into AH more than my own life, but i felt like when i was playing AH back a few weeks ago that my learning had stopped, nothing new was happening for me, people came in got kills did runs with bombers, as did i. Its the same old AH thing...

Theirs not much to learn on a game every day after years of playing it. Never compare a game to life, because life is far different from anything such as a graphical effect on a screen...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 08:56:58 AM by Buck »