Author Topic: Patches change more things then the problems solved?  (Read 1053 times)

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
Patches change more things then the problems solved?
« on: June 03, 2010, 03:29:11 PM »
I was just wondering how many people think AH changes other things in the game,but don't show the changes on the patch figures?I been seeing and hearing people saying the Pony has lost something,the Tater guns aren't as strong,and so on.Personally I don't think they would do that,but their are many who think they do.Lets hear it from the people who think sneaky changes are made,and whats their proof.
Dobey

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: Patches change more things then the problems solved?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:38:05 PM »
Most of it is unfounded. People have always made claims like that after patches. Anything valid is usually an unintended side effect.
-AoM-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 03:56:34 PM »
We do our best to put any changes in the read me.

If we forget somthing, we will allays state if we changed something or not when questioned about a change.

As in we have NOT changed the Tater's, we have NOT changed the p51.

HiTech

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 04:01:09 PM »
We do our best to put any changes in the read me.

If we forget somthing, we will allays state if we changed something or not when questioned about a change.

As in we have NOT changed the Tater's, we have NOT changed the p51.

HiTech
Could there possibly be a strength bug with the two-part tail, then?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »
I was thinking just last night that the wirb turret seemed to be spinning yet even slower that the last time it was reset.  not sure if it was...but dayum is seems slow as hell now.  it was either that...or the Nyquil talking.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 04:33:54 PM »
Could there possibly be a strength bug with the two-part tail, then?

No , but it could be that the tails are no longer connected as we desired and stated clearly in the read me's.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 04:38:14 PM »
Even when there has have been no patches, no new versions for a long time, you will regularly see comments on CH200 that plane XY has now suddenly been nerfed
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 04:40:19 PM »
No , but it could be that the tails are no longer connected as we desired and stated clearly in the read me's.

HiTech

Quick Question,
On most real airplanes, how are the surface control systems tied to the elevator? would it be safe to say that if you lost half your h-stab & corresponding elevator, you would probably destroy at least your ability to control the elevators all together?

Where I'm coming from is that often they used a cable system, and if the tension is lost, ie the cable is just hanging there because it was attached to the now missing portion of the the h-stab & corresponding elevator, the whole system would be broken.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 04:42:46 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 04:51:09 PM »
What it looks and feels more like to me is the explosion is probably only capable of 'hitting' one side of the stab.  It strikes the tail on one side or the other of center, and that side blows off, but the explosion doesn't seem to have any effect on the opposite side's stabilizer, regardless that we see it enveloping the entire tail.  It's probably that the explosion just doesn't wrap around or penetrate the VStab or fuselage to hit the far side of the HStab, as far as the DM is concerned.  It wasn't an issue before, because regardless of which side of the HStab was hit, the whole thing went.  Now, it looks to me like the explosion takes out that side of the HStab, but doesn't take out the VStab or the other side of the HStab.

I am not a physicist, but it seems to me that a 30mm hitting the HStab probably isn't going to leave much of the VStab either, but I am not going to pound my fist demanding it be made so.   :angel:

It can be argued that it's good, bad, or indifferent, but it looks to me like a consequence of splitting the tail for DM purposes.  It could also be that HTC just hates the LW planes.   :noid

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 04:52:57 PM »

HiTech

Yeah I know this...I figured with the shock of the hit it might spread to the other tail...or if the hit is right in the center of the two...

I am not too worried about it...I can't hit much with the 30mm anyway :P
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 04:58:42 PM »
 :rofl

I was thinking just last night that the wirb turret seemed to be spinning yet even slower that the last time it was reset.  not sure if it was...but dayum is seems slow as hell now.  it was either that...or the Nyquil talking.

The other day I noticed that the Typhy gets an extra 1.7 MPG.........     And I'm not sure how accurate this may be but the max AoA for the 109K4 has increased 0.2 degrees...........       :lol

This is a total conspiracy!

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 05:23:06 PM »
It's true, patches change more things and then problems are solved.  :D

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 06:05:04 PM »
It would appear that any changes made are all covered in the read me,and no chicanery is taking place.I was just wondering why a lot of people were thinking hidden changes were being made w/o their knowledge.
Dobey

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 06:08:54 PM »
It would appear that any changes made are all covered in the read me,and no chicanery is taking place.I was just wondering why a lot of people were thinking hidden changes were being made w/o their knowledge.
Dobey

because it couldn't possibly be THEM that is screwing up, so it MUST be the game.  :neener:

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 10:04:41 PM »
because it couldn't possibly be THEM that is screwing up, so it MUST be the game.  :neener:

yup.

they can't bear to think it is THEIR fault for (insert dumb death/move/shot/etc here).
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit