Author Topic: Anybody here seen some weird stuff in the night sky?  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Anybody here seen some weird stuff in the night sky?
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 10:40:45 AM »
Tupac you know they say if you think about where the Universe ends its enough to drive a mind crazy, i mean if you really think about it where does it end? for humans it only ends as far out as we have explored already, but how much more is there? I share the same feelings about space, its a big mystery and i don't think we will ever know how big is it.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »
Ive seen some crazy stuff over the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation near Tucson. One time a random red/orange light just appeared out of nowhere. It was about the size of a small car, and about 500 yds away. It didn't do anything special, just sat there for about a minute. The light dimmed a little bit, came back on, then went off for good. It almost looked like a huge street light being turned on and off. We jumped of the quads to see if anything was there but we saw nothing. I'm not sure what the hell that thing was, but i haven't seen anything like it since then.

I saw something similar to what you describe here in central Wisconsin probably 8-10 years ago.  Just thinking about it makes my hair stand on end, and gives me a weird feeling in my stomach.

I was driving home about an hour after dark, in the early winter (I'd been out calling coyotes).  About 3 miles from home, I approached a stop sign at a "T" intersection, with a large field in front of me (my house was past the field).  As I slowed to stop, a light appeared in the sky, and I've described it exactly as you did- it looked like a large red/orange or amber street light.

My first guess was a plane, and I was thinking maybe it was a landing-light or something, but it wasn't moving, and there are no large airports nearby.  A small grass strip is closest, maybe 10 miles away.  My curiosity piqued, I sat at the stop sign and watched.  The light just stayed stationary.  I'm thinking, boy, it looks odd, but it must be coming directly toward me, or going directly away from me.  As time stretched into 30-45 seconds, I abandoned that idea and decided I was seeing a light on a helicopter.  No other lights were visible (I was looking for nav-lights, etc).  Just this big, stationary orange light in the sky.  It seemed "close" (within a few miles), and not more than 2-3000 feet high.  I opened my window to see if I could hear anything, but I can't.

Then, the light just turned off.  Now, I'm thinking, "Yup, musta been a helicopter or something".  As I looked l/r to continue on, the light turned back on.  Through my windshield, the light was dead-center through the drivers side (same place as originally).  Then four more lights turned on in succession- the first under my rear-view mirror, the next three spacing out to the right, so they're lined up like this in my windshield-

/              O                         O        O        O        O     \

Now, all four lights just sat there for 15 seconds or so, and again, I'm thinking "Hmm, some sort of formation of helicopters?".  But I'm not so convinced anymore.  They're perfectly in line, and the synchronization of them all turning on was "spooky-accurate".   And they're in a perfect line.  And none are moving AT ALL that I can see.  Who formation-flies in the dark, with that kind of accuracy, with that much spacing?  I'm getting nervous...

Then, bang, they all turn off at the same instant.  I'm actually kind of relieved it's over, and I go to put my foot on the gas.  Bang!  They all turn back on at exactly the same instant.  Not cool.  About 3-4 seconds later, they all move away from me at "high speed", and before they go out of sight over the tall pines on the other side of the field, they all blink off at the same time.

I'm one to believe that the military has stuff they don't "share" until it's practically obsolete.  And I know they do maneuvers through this area occasionally (F16's, F14's, A-10's, C-130's, etc).  I'd generally say "odd" things in the sky are military, or some other phenomenon.  What I saw out there on a country road, in the dark, seriously has me questioning that though.  I'd actually like to find out that what I saw was "normal", but I don't think it was.  And with my interest in aviation, I can honestly say I cannot think of any man-made device that fits the description of what I saw, or that could "hover" and then move away that fast, without any of them being a bit too high/too low, or a little slower to accelerate, etc...

The hair is standing up on my arms even thinking about it again, lol!
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 09:04:54 PM »
Seen any 10 foot tall, blue cat-people lately?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 09:40:55 PM by shotgunneeley »
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 09:57:53 PM »
Tupac you know they say if you think about where the Universe ends its enough to drive a mind crazy, i mean if you really think about it where does it end? for humans it only ends as far out as we have explored already, but how much more is there? I share the same feelings about space, its a big mystery and i don't think we will ever know how big is it.

Its ignorant to believe that there isnt some other form of life out in the universe, call me crazy, but this thread proves the existence of extraterrestrials. There are huge drawings/designs (whatever you want to call them) still visible from the air that were carved/cleared (whatever you want to call it) thousands of years ago. Mars, and Europa (one of Jupiters moons) both have the capability to support life. They have even found ancient single celled organisms on mars (which proves this) Here is the link for one of the sites.

http://www.whatislife.com/issues/issues-origin.htm

There are other things out there.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 10:00:23 PM »
another link (this one is much more recent)

http://www.solstation.com/stars/mars.htm
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 07:26:53 AM »
Just once I'd like to see something strange like what some in here have described. Nothing exciting ever happens in my neck of the woods.  :furious
Lighten up Francis

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 07:46:34 AM »
call me crazy, but this thread proves the existence of extraterrestrials.

you're crazy :old:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 10:50:31 AM »
About a hour ago me and a few friends were chillin in the hot tub and i was looking up at the sky then all of a sudden i saw this light blue light apear and zoom down then shot straight up then disapeared, i saw it maybe for 2 seconds. it was really weird, anybody else seen weird stuff like this?

I did not inhale  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 11:00:14 AM »
I have indeed, but not at night.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »
TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER!!!  :neener:

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 11:28:13 AM »
I'm sure I've linked this before on these boards, but it remains the first thing I think of anytime this topic is broached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFZTAOb7IE

:rofl  I love it.  

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »
Last week I definitely had a dream where I was just outside of the impact area of a nuke....I woke up all sweaty and realized my home is a hour away from dc :noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 11:42:37 AM »
Ive seen some crazy stuff over the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation near Tucson. One time a random red/orange light just appeared out of nowhere. It was about the size of a small car, and about 500 yds away. It didn't do anything special, just sat there for about a minute. The light dimmed a little bit, came back on, then went off for good. It almost looked like a huge street light being turned on and off. We jumped of the quads to see if anything was there but we saw nothing. I'm not sure what the hell that thing was, but i haven't seen anything like it since then.

Take it easy on the Peyote   :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.