Author Topic: Anybody here seen some weird stuff in the night sky?  (Read 1569 times)

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
Re: Anybody here seen some weird stuff in the night sky?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 11:58:23 AM »
Its ignorant to believe that there isnt some other form of life out in the universe, call me crazy, but this thread proves the existence of extraterrestrials. There are huge drawings/designs (whatever you want to call them) still visible from the air that were carved/cleared (whatever you want to call it) thousands of years ago. Mars, and Europa (one of Jupiters moons) both have the capability to support life. They have even found ancient single celled organisms on mars (which proves this) Here is the link for one of the sites.

http://www.whatislife.com/issues/issues-origin.htm

There are other things out there.

I always liked to look at it from a mathematical sense. There are hundreds of billions of galaxies containing hundreds of trillions of stars which have countless more planets. The probability of life being on more then one of them seems logical enough. Now weather that life can be found in our own solar system on an other planet/moon or perhaps if life somewhere else had advanced far enough to be able to travel to our planet I can't say nor comment. But as far as life itself existing on other planets, the numbers seem to crunch well enough.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 12:13:27 PM »
Last week I definitely had a dream where I was just outside of the impact area of a nuke....I woke up all sweaty and realized my home is a hour away from dc :noid

If it makes you feel any better Junky, I live 5 blocks from the Capitol and work 3 blocks from the white house.  I'm within in the close-enough-to-not-know-what-hit-me range.   :banana:

Also, what made you think of this in the thread?

I always liked to look at it from a mathematical sense.

My thoughts exactly.   :aok

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 05:46:32 PM »
I always liked to look at it from a mathematical sense. There are hundreds of billions of galaxies containing hundreds of trillions of stars which have countless more planets. The probability of life being on more then one of them seems logical enough.
The problem is density. Given the huge number of stars in the galaxy and likely plenty of which may have planets, there is a decent chance that life will develop elsewhere. BUT if life is so rare, how will one life for find another in the galaxy when only a few out of 500 billion stars host life? We don't really know how rare life is. It may very well be that it is not so rare and the typical distances between life hosting systems are "only" a few tens of light years. Then again why would they come here and mutilate cows in remote places?
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 08:32:17 PM »
The problem is density. Given the huge number of stars in the galaxy and likely plenty of which may have planets, there is a decent chance that life will develop elsewhere. BUT if life is so rare, how will one life for find another in the galaxy when only a few out of 500 billion stars host life? We don't really know how rare life is. It may very well be that it is not so rare and the typical distances between life hosting systems are "only" a few tens of light years. Then again why would they come here and mutilate cows in remote places?

Couldn't say, life itself can stand for something as simple as single-celled bacteria, not necessarily the complex life we see here on Earth. I can't even fathom how far life would have to advance to be able to travel the long distances that are so common in space. Einstein says nothing can travel faster then light without actually going backwards so unless that proves wrong, or a way is found to overcome the cosmic speed-limit it still takes hundreds of years to get far.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »
I thought warp speed is faster than light speed.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 09:14:29 PM »
The coolest weird stuff in the night sky ever.  Also, definitively proven as to what it was, but imagine seeing it yourself late at night...

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/12/09/awesomely-bizarre-light-show-freaks-out-norway/
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 09:47:33 PM »
I've always thought that, one day, aliens will visit our planet. When they get here, someone will say, 'so it was YOU who made circles in our crops and mutilated our cows kidnapped random rural people?', and they will say, 'No, why on earth would we do something stupid like that?' and just leave.

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 09:53:12 PM »
I did not inhale  :D

lol, we ddint have any spice with us at the time...
OEF 11-12

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 10:29:23 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

This fits this thread perfectly. :)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2010, 10:56:55 PM »
Atmospheric optics can be quite fascinating.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2010, 06:05:33 AM »
Atmospheric optics can be quite fascinating.

Yes they can be

The thing about it is, perhaps we could one day harness the power of worm holes, to send us anywhere in the galaxy. Scientists have theorized for decades about it.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 06:25:51 AM »
If it makes you feel any better Junky, I live 5 blocks from the Capitol and work 3 blocks from the white house.  I'm within in the close-enough-to-not-know-what-hit-me range.   :banana:

Also, what made you think of this in the thread?

My thoughts exactly.   :aok
It got me thinking of end of the world type stuff(aliens ect ect)........that sink hole too :noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2010, 09:47:20 AM »
Yes they can be

The thing about it is, perhaps we could one day harness the power of worm holes, to send us anywhere in the galaxy. Scientists have theorized for decades about it.
Fusion generators first, then we'll worry about insta-transport. :aok
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline jd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2010, 10:25:34 AM »
cocaine is a hell of a drug!! :t :x :x
Current: Slipstrm

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2010, 09:33:34 PM »
<-- Has absolutely seen a flying object with no resemblance to human aircraft; up close, for several seconds... 1998-1999-ish.  Bring on the lie detector.  Scared the toejam out of me.