Author Topic: considering quitting  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: considering quitting
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 09:52:23 PM »
Sirvlad you've been around long enough to know that maps are player generated. You've also been around long enough to know that no matter what map is available, in any arena, the rice usually roll the same way.

Take a break and smell some roses. Better yet, make a new map  :devil

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 10:07:15 PM »
Vlad, I returned for a little while and I'm with you I found it boring. Some stuff is still fun and it was nice to touch base with a few peeps but  :frown:. The mad race to get to the edge of an enemy base with #s and 3-5K alt advantage seems to be how things roll now, It was always this way to some extent but I found upon returning that it is the "MAIN EVENT" now. The main difference being IMHO is the GAYng trolling the edge of a base now is heavily populated with very good players. Maybe my memory is off but I seem to recall when a base was being trolled as such the "good sticks" would up and put an end to it, now they seem to be on the trolling side. With 5-10 good sticks mingled in with the usual trollers and very few good sticks upping to counter them the odds of a good fight developing is very small indeed and you become mear fodder against the many skilled players that are trolling :frown: I guess it is human nature to go down the road with the least obstacles :frown:
The only option I saw was to up from a field a sector  away to grab some alt but I've lost my patience for such tactics I just wanted to get is some computer mayhem for a short time!
 While I was back I found extremely few "ebb and flow" furballs, it was either get GAYnged by red guys or GAYng as a green guy :frown:
  If in some way this could change I would stay longer. It was good fun for awhile but the style of play makes staying a little tedious to say the least!

Taking a break does help but only for a short time! So take a break and try again, hopefully your experience will trump mine  :salute    :cheers:
*sigh* don't you get tired of spouting the same tripe over and over again? And I've seen you say that load of crap regardless of the situation you put yourself into. I bet you look at a box of twinkies and call it a GAYng. Get a new word, get a life.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 12:35:12 AM »
sirv...I know what you mean. Once you've done it for a few years it gets kinda pointless. Same thing EVERY night. I got bored, quit for a year, came back for a month or two (probably only played a few hours total) and just couldn't get excited about it. I used to LOVE getting on killin some time playing cartoon pilot but not anymore. Who knows, in about a year or so maybe I will try it again but I really doubt it unless there is something so attractive and new that I can't resist.  :D

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 01:12:46 AM »
*sigh* don't you get tired of spouting the same tripe over and over again? And I've seen you say that load of crap regardless of the situation you put yourself into. I bet you look at a box of twinkies and call it a GAYng. Get a new word, get a life.

It cheered me up finding out shrek had quit. And he does need to get that homophobia checked. We all know what it really means. It means he looks at a box of twinkies and wishes they were cucumbers.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 02:22:23 AM »
i wish someone would walk thru one test map with me so i could understand everything. i have wrote down tons of ideas for maps over the years. but no one has that time anymore. if anyone does have that time and would like to show me how once please PM me and i would be willing to hook up and try to learn Salute SirVlad its as fun as you make it bro sorry to see you leave
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 06:37:01 AM »
Hell I've quit a dozen times. I too get burnt out on it all and need a break. But I always seem to come back with a different set of goals or interests. One month I'll try to learn about sinking a CV with torpedoes from a TBM or PT boat. Or I'll work on rank in the certain catagory or overall score. This month I'm going to attempt to just stick to my squaddies so they can get their K/D up.

For me there are just so many avenues to explore that I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface yet. One of these days I'll attempt to master the P38 or even the 109s. In the GVs, my interest has been in taking objects out with the 251 rockets. The M4 with the rockets has really caught my eye too.
Some days or weeks even, I spend in the DA learning to avoid ho shots :lol That's also fantastic for SA practice as well. Some days I will go to the TA and try to help out a new guy or 2 with the basic stuff. Stick mapping, radio setting...that kind of thing. I think everyone gets bored of the same ole, same ole that's only natural.
With the time you have in the game Vlad, it would be a shame to see you go for good. You've always been a challenging and respectful guy in my book.
But anyway, that's neither here nor there. You know what you need to do better then any of us, so I wish the best for you, whatever you decide.  :salute
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:38:52 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 07:07:12 AM »
Vlad, it is what it is.  I can relate.

Offline Nypsy

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 08:46:26 AM »
Once the game has lost its interest for you there is no going back.

I have quit and returned to this game a few times over the past 9 years but each return has been shorter then the last.

When you return you quickly realize that nothing has changed, same maps, maybe a new plane, basically the same group of people playing.

However, all that being said, what else is there for a combat flight sim buff?

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Still hanging on every word of mine I see  :aok      laughter does the soul good  :aok  TY  :cheers:

btw, stay in your GAYng  :aok
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 10:05:02 AM by shreck »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 10:39:21 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Still hanging on every word of mine I see  :aok      laughter does the soul good  :aok  TY  :cheers:

btw, stay in your GAYng  :aok
No I don't hang on to your every word as much as you would like some sort of fan club. It just stands out like a large turd in a public swimming pool.

I'm not as good a stick stirrer as you are but even I know that flying solo is the best way to get shot down by multiple opponents. Nobody, regardless of what they say about "it's the fight 1v1", ever looks at the clipboard in search of a single red dot hoping for a 1v1 in the main arenas, unless the 2 are talking in text to arrange a fight in a corner by themselves, but that is what the dueling arena and KOTH is for. Everyone that wants some actionin the main arenas migrates to the area(s) where there are others to fly against. And if jumping into a fight with a wingman or several of my squadmates or one person trying to clear someone elses six is a GAYng in your book, then you shouldn't be playing any multiplayer games ever...stick with Wii golf and you won't have to worry about teams. And I've personally seen you pick people off multiple times, then turn around and talk trash to someone who did it to you.

Most of us don't have our heads in the clouds thinking we are teh 1337 uberz pile-it ace of aces. We have more fun jumping into a group of opponents and attempting to fight it out and survive, regardless of score, stats, or outcome.
jarhed  

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 10:42:38 AM »
sirv...I know what you mean. Once you've done it for a few years it gets kinda pointless. Same thing EVERY night. I got bored, quit for a year, came back for a month or two (probably only played a few hours total) and just couldn't get excited about it. I used to LOVE getting on killin some time playing cartoon pilot but not anymore. Who knows, in about a year or so maybe I will try it again but I really doubt it unless there is something so attractive and new that I can't resist.  :D

Sir, with all due respect, why are you on these boards if this game no longer holds your interest.  And don't tell me it's because of the people/friends you know here, you could be chatting them up while flying even if the action still bores you.  Seriously, I do not understand.  From the darker side, I would expect your opinions to be negative because you gave up, and having done that, your opinion has very little value to me.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 10:59:41 AM »
No I don't hang on to your every word as much as you would like some sort of fan club. It just stands out like a large turd in a public swimming pool.

I'm not as good a stick stirrer as you are but even I know that flying solo is the best way to get shot down by multiple opponents. Nobody, regardless of what they say about "it's the fight 1v1", ever looks at the clipboard in search of a single red dot hoping for a 1v1 in the main arenas, unless the 2 are talking in text to arrange a fight in a corner by themselves, but that is what the dueling arena and KOTH is for. Everyone that wants some actionin the main arenas migrates to the area(s) where there are others to fly against. And if jumping into a fight with a wingman or several of my squadmates or one person trying to clear someone elses six is a GAYng in your book, then you shouldn't be playing any multiplayer games ever...stick with Wii golf and you won't have to worry about teams. And I've personally seen you pick people off multiple times, then turn around and talk trash to someone who did it to you.

Most of us don't have our heads in the clouds thinking we are teh 1337 uberz pile-it ace of aces. We have more fun jumping into a group of opponents and attempting to fight it out and survive, regardless of score, stats, or outcome.

Hmm clueless comes to mind, but I'm still laughing so it is all good :rock

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 11:08:41 AM »
Hmm clueless[/u] comes to mind, but I'm still laughing so it is all good :rock
Glad to see you admit it. You should read Zoney's reply to Bucky and ask yourself the same question.
jarhed  

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 12:39:59 PM »
SirVlad, I know how you feel. Same maps/fights. I remember back in AH1, seems like new map every? what 2 weeks? lol
Would be nice to bring back the old TT fights,was epic. All 3 countries fighting it out around the town. The original Pizza. There were some great fights there.
I miss the"fuel porking" ability to limit the enemy attacks. Alas, those were the days.
HEY MAP MAKERS!! WHERE ARE YOU? Haalllpppp!!!!!
Whatever you do, good luck. If you leave, see you soon,lol

<S> Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 12:46:04 PM »
 :salute sirvlad.