Author Topic: A MUST for all you F4U fans...  (Read 955 times)

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Re: A MUST for all you F4U fans...
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 06:30:03 AM »
Very nice find!. The F4u is one of my favorite rides in game though the acceleration and climb rate can suck at times.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 09:02:43 AM »
Makes me miss Falcon 4 AF's F-16 startup.  Wish I could find that disk.

Jager, PM me your address and I'll burn you a copy from my Falc4 disc.  I enjoy that startup procedure too.
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 10:16:31 AM »
No kidding??  Wow..how did you find those Tony???  I must have searched for training info on every plane we fly in here and nothing much pulled up...now I know how you got so good!  You share that site with Grizz and Bruv????  :rofl  :salute  Bro

Changeup

:noid

:D       :salute

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 11:04:44 AM »
Thank you very much for that find.

SALUTE
Frank Williams
ab8aac out
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 11:27:08 AM »
Are cowl flaps modeled into the game at all?

I dont even know what they do

Most radials are very dependent upon cooling air for their operation.  If you ever get the chance to look up close, you will notice that the cyliners are covered in what looks like serations (or fins) on their surface.  THese are called the cooling fins, and they are there to increase the surface area that can interact with air flowing through these fins to exchange heat as rapidly as possible (kind of like the cooling fins on a computer).  Cowl flaps allow air to enter through the nose bowl intake and flow through the engine cylinder fins to exchange heat.  On the Corsair, they are controlled hydraulically, and are set as needed to achieve the cooling level required.  Higher speeds allow for more air, thus allowing them to be closed more.  At lower speeds and in ground operation, they are generally always open.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »
Great video, changeup. zenoswarbirdvideoes.com has a collection of these training videos, and are great to watch.  :salute

TonyJoeys right its a great site,  heres the link to Zeno's, i love this site, check out the how to fly the B-25 Mitchell, thank god we dont have to do all of the preflight we would never get off the ground  :rofl 

http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/main.html
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 12:47:16 PM »
Makes me miss Falcon 4 AF's F-16 startup.  Wish I could find that disk.

www.freefalcon.com

Give it a shot- free and no disk required.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 02:44:37 PM »
I noticed the lowered gear was used like airbrakes just as I use it alot when flying the corsair in AH.. BUT in this vid the narrator said clearly NOT to lower the gear with the landing gear operating controlls, but with the airbrakes control so the tailwheel did not extract.. Because the tailwheel does not handle excessive speeds before it breaks off...  :uhoh

I know that is not modelled into the game, because there is only one way (that I know of) to operate the landing gear in the game, and that emplies the tailwheel also.. But I never broke any tailwheel from high speed dives with extracted gear, ever..  :huh   :noid

But it was sure cool to watch a genuine original Corsair trainers movie, Corsair being my number one favorite plane made it go straight home with me.  :aok

I wonder tho, how the fuel mixture is modelled into the game..? How does that affect the overall performance of the plane when we do not have the abillity to adjust the mixture during a climb.. If it is modelled as an overall average of the different original performances it should affect as performing less in game than the original at given altitudes I suspect?! Any thoughts? Facts?
TheStig

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 02:50:30 PM »
No kidding??  Wow..how did you find those Tony???  I must have searched for training info on every plane we fly in here and nothing much pulled up...now I know how you got so good!  You share that site with Grizz and Bruv????  :rofl  :salute  Bro

Changeup

think it was around 1995 or 1996 the first time I ever was pointed toward zeno's warbirds drive-in ( believe that is what he called it back then )

is good to keep seeing Zeno's website(s) come back up in threads every couple of years for the players to go visit
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 03:52:25 PM »

:noid

:D       :salute

I was being honest..I had searched with every engine available and came up with just about zip.  Very cool site and thanks.

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 05:24:59 PM »
Jager, PM me your address and I'll burn you a copy from my Falc4 disc.  I enjoy that startup procedure too.

Just ordered a new copy with a printed manual.   :rock

The first time I decided to go full startup it took me FOREVER to figure out what button controlled idle detent. 
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com