Author Topic: What's the next setup?  (Read 2066 times)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: What's the next setup?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 09:33:10 PM »
Yes there is.  I used it when I did the Campaign Series stuff.  The map guys need to feed a file to Skuzzy, you just tell them what bases you don't want to be captured and then you turn it on in the arena settings.  Puts the red square around the base and you can't take it.
Really, what sort of file do we need to send .fld?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:47:09 PM by jimson »

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 07:11:14 AM »
Jimson I don't know what the file is.  When I was on the AvA staff I also had access to the map guy's forum, I asked in there if it was possible and they and Skuzzy figured it out.  I forget exactly who was helping me, I think it was one of the 68th guys.  I would tell them what map I was going to run and then they would create some file and send it to Skuzzy for me.  I never directly did it.  If any of the staffers have access to the map guy's forum look back for my posts.

It is also a great tool to keep some bases static so to always insure a close fight for the furballers, but still allow base capture.

For how easy it seemed, I'm surprised it's not used more often.  But maybe some things have changed with the new releases??
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 06:36:12 PM »
Dux is a good guy to get in touch with too.  I'm pretty sure he knows how to get it done.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 09:55:21 PM »
Yes there is.  I used it when I did the Campaign Series stuff.  The map guys need to feed a file to Skuzzy, you just tell them what bases you don't want to be captured and then you turn it on in the arena settings.  Puts the red square around the base and you can't take it.

Thanks Bug, I was sure their was a way to make it possible, but could not put my finger on it exactly, when I typed that post....

and Dux, I believe is the one who brought it to my attention 3 or 4 years ago when he was redesigning/updating the Training Arena for us the 2nd time around if memory serves.... we fixing to be having our 4th update to the Training Arena soon..... thanks to HTC getting the new Terrain Editor out to the Terrain Staff at end of last month......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »
It is also a great tool to keep some bases static so to always insure a close fight for the furballers, but still allow base capture.

For how easy it seemed, I'm surprised it's not used more often.  But maybe some things have changed with the new releases??

well maybe some things have changed, but sometimes  the information or certain tricks of the trade are forgotten to be handed down, happens in all areas of any type of passing/handing down skill/knowledge

when I first became a sheet metal mech, you valued your job, you would be very limited in what you passed along to your helper or assistant, for fear of being bumped by a cheaper worker...... best way I thought to do it was learn more than anyone else in my field, then moved to other fields in the same industry and learn more than anyone, then move to another..... that way I became indispensable and highly sought after...

sorry for the side track down memory lane...... these last couple of post made me think about it..... you know, being disabled nowadays and unable to work in RL, I still read up on all new technology in all my fields of work I did, and still keep my energy analysis software updated, my cad programs updated and still have people calling me that I met 20 yrs ago asking me for my input on something...... heck they email me pictures or video, and ask me what would I do or how would I go about solving their problem....... crap am doing it again... ( that memory lane stuff )

:cheers:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC