Author Topic: Trinity map  (Read 2106 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Trinity map
« on: June 21, 2010, 01:22:23 PM »
BLOWS

Discard it PLEASE   :pray

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Trinity map
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 01:33:24 PM »
The tank fight at A1 is great, but the map does indeed suck.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 01:43:26 PM »
Ha.  The requests for this map to be returned to the rotation piled up to the high heavens a couple of years ago.   :lol
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 01:50:24 PM »
Ironically, the map is only fun after one country gets steamrolled a bit.  Having 20k mountains on the front lines is frustrating. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »
Where's FesterMA??????

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 01:55:04 PM »
Once upon a time, this was one of the most fun maps we had...

... but that was back when the Tank Town concept was still working  :cry

(For the young ones: At any given time you could expect 50% of arena population slugging it out in tanks at the center. Great & fast paced action. I learned tanking there)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 02:16:19 PM »

(For the young ones: At any given time you could expect 50% of arena population slugging it out in tanks at the center. Great & fast paced action. I learned tanking there)

Yep.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 02:23:14 PM »
Where's FesterMA??????

Ironically, the map is only fun after one country gets steamrolled a bit.  Having 20k mountains on the front lines is frustrating. 

This and this.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 02:40:24 PM »

Yup. Why did it actually die? Never figured that out...that map and ndisles. I miss donut and that map with the 10K base in the middle.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 02:53:40 PM »
Yup. Why did it actually die? Never figured that out...that map and ndisles. I miss donut and that map with the 10K base in the middle.

Terrain design killed it off.

First of all, all big maps were gone for a year or so, leaving only Ndisles as a true Tank Town map.
The center town was enlarged, second step the spawns were tripled and pulled back to make spawn camping more difficult. But at the same time it made getting into action quick more difficult. But TT was still working...

... and then came the hedges. And within weeks the player numbers in GVs in TT (which had been stable for years) plummeted. Long way to get into action combined with a terrain largely unsuited to tank combat killed it off.

And with a relatively high player fluctuation, it needs only a year or so until things are getting largely forgotten by  the collective memory. When Trinity finally came back, I thought "WOOOT, Tank Town!" and immediately spawned there. Unfortunately only a few other players had the same thought, and basically all of them were old-timers. But we were  not enough to get any good action going again. The concept of TT has simply been lost.

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 02:56:31 PM »
Does anyone know if any new maps for the MA are being added or created?
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 03:01:25 PM »
Terrain design killed it off.

First of all, all big maps were gone for a year or so, leaving only Ndisles as a true Tank Town map.
The center town was enlarged, second step the spawns were tripled and pulled back to make spawn camping more difficult. But at the same time it made getting into action quick more difficult. But TT was still working...

... and then came the hedges. And within weeks the player numbers in GVs in TT (which had been stable for years) plummeted. Long way to get into action combined with a terrain largely unsuited to tank combat killed it off.

And with a relatively high player fluctuation, it needs only a year or so until things are getting largely forgotten by  the collective memory. When Trinity finally came back, I thought "WOOOT, Tank Town!" and immediately spawned there. Unfortunately only a few other players had the same thought, and basically all of them were old-timers. But we were  not enough to get any good action going again. The concept of TT has simply been lost.

Dare I say it I think the oldest TT, 2 graphics updates ago (with the 2d canopy trees), was the best. It was simple and fun. Yes you get spawn camped but that's half the fun, breaking the camp.

With the newer TT came those cement pillars to stop tanks (basically filtering them into TT) and like you mentioned, hedges, just sort of made it all less and less fun.

(Talking about ndisles here)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 03:29:51 PM »
The concept of TT has simply been lost.

I never have been much of a tank guy but I used to like to pop into TT every now and then and mix it up.  It really was fun.  I don't understand why they haven't made terrain adjustments to bring it back. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 03:35:49 PM »
We went from having Fighter Town to this bullcrap?

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 03:36:53 PM »
I never have been much of a tank guy but I used to like to pop into TT every now and then and mix it up.  It really was fun.  I don't understand why they haven't made terrain adjustments to bring it back. 

They did - it's not that bad anymore as before, we have less hedges now.
But like I said, the concept has been lost along with the player fluctuation - the majority of players now in AH has never experienced that kind of stuff. They can't remember.. Why should they spawn into a basically empty (= no base to capture) area on map?