Author Topic: Tracers on Buffs  (Read 232 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Tracers on Buffs
« on: June 22, 2010, 07:51:36 AM »
I clicked "no tracers" in the flight options. When I upped a formation of b-17's, I noticed that the lead buff fired without tracers but the drones still fired with tracers. Is this supposed to happen or shouldn't they all fire their guns without tracers?
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Tracers on Buffs
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:54:53 AM »
did buff gunners always/never/sometimes use tracers IRL?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 02:48:12 PM »

They always did in b17.  Actually most if not all pilots had them.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 04:37:06 PM »
That's why I wished for this: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,291352.0.html

99.9% percent of my flights (fighter or bomber) have been with tracers enabled. Since we have the option to either enable or disable tracers on whatever aircraft we want, I disengaged the tracers to see how it effects my gunnery in fighters. I thought it might be advantageous to disable the tracers so I could get the drop on bandits sneakin up behind me, but when I upped some buffs, the lead buff did not fire tracers while the two drones did.  The question is, shouldn't all three buffs in the formation fire without tracers if I disabled them?

Here's a quick film of what I'm talking about:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fijrz2nying
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:21:08 PM by shotgunneeley »
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG