Author Topic: The best squad  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
Re: The best squad
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 07:58:58 PM »
Oh this one is easy , AoM all the way !  :rock
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 10:28:55 PM »
The best squad in this game is the squad that accept you despite your flaws, respect you despite your differences. A squad is like a marriage or family in many ways.

The best squad for me personally has always been The Unforgiven. I believe I am the only Englishman to have ever flown for them (we have a couple of Scots) and once or twice there has been confusion and upset due to our cultural differences, aye, and language differences, but like any family we have grown together and learned not only to respect our differences but also become a stronger family despite them.

So the best squad? The one that contains your brothers. Be it WoT, be it Muppets, be it CJ's be it DM's. If you can show them the worst of yourself and they still accept you, you're in it.
This is very familiar is it just me or what?
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 10:32:09 PM »
The squad that suits me is the best.

And there's your answer. :aok

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2010, 10:40:49 PM »
would have to say overall the MAW had the best squad imo all time. They were the only squad that had a combination of a horde squad (like 5 wings???) with enough good sticks to muster up enough talent (bgbmaw and icemaw to name a couple) to rival some of the better "uber" squads of its time.

after that in same category would go with old MW's, AK's, and hornets. Squads with a balance of numbers and sticks.

best pure sticks squads all time easily bk's aom and 13tas in no particular order. no offense intended but no others come close in history of talent.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 10:53:41 PM »
would have to say overall the MAW had the best squad imo all time. They were the only squad that had a combination of a horde squad (like 5 wings???) with enough good sticks to muster up enough talent (bgbmaw and icemaw to name a couple) to rival some of the better "uber" squads of its time.

after that in same category would go with old MW's, AK's, and hornets. Squads with a balance of numbers and sticks.

best pure sticks squads all time easily bk's aom and 13tas in no particular order. no offense intended but no others come close in history of talent.

The ebb and flow of those sticks from squad to squad probably has something to do with that.  The old 475th had a lot of them.  80th has never been real big but has had some really good sticks to compliment the 38 parts distributors like myself who make up it's core.

Probably safe to say there are lots of good squads with lots of good sticks.  Some are just more vocal and visible then others.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 11:23:22 PM »
i dunno. Im pretty confident you could take 5 of the best from either aom and bk and put them against any 5 other players in the game and they'd win 7-9 out of 10 times. not saying other squads didnt have good sticks just saying, aom, bk, and 13tas were head and shoulders above the rest at multiple points in ah history.

times have obviously changed and i wouldnt say any squad is currently head and shoulders above the rest now a days. Just speaking in general terms throughout AH since i started playing back in 01.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 11:26:54 PM »

I believe I am the only Englishman to have ever flown for them

Nope you're not the only one.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2010, 05:08:28 AM »
i dunno. Im pretty confident you could take 5 of the best from either aom and bk and put them against any 5 other players in the game and they'd win 7-9 out of 10 times. not saying other squads didnt have good sticks just saying, aom, bk, and 13tas were head and shoulders above the rest at multiple points in ah history.

times have obviously changed and i wouldnt say any squad is currently head and shoulders above the rest now a days. Just speaking in general terms throughout AH since i started playing back in 01.

By BK you mean the Blue Knights, the same squad which hasn't been active for 6+ years? Also, when you say "5 of the best from AoM"; do you mean at this moment in time or from any point in histroy? I would agree if the statement was the latter.

Santa's Angels was the squad which I looked up to as a raw newb: Stang, KillnU and Lazer flew perfectly together. They would always rope/pick my Spitfire perfectly, they made it into an art form.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:49:33 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2010, 08:19:35 AM »
By BK you mean the Blue Knights, the same squad which hasn't been active for 6+ years? Also, when you say "5 of the best from AoM"; do you mean at this moment in time or from any point in histroy? I would agree if the statement was the latter.

if you read what i said you could answer your own question instead of just quoting me and asking them. I was speaking in general terms throughout the history of AH. I made it a point to say that and even mentioned that i didnt think there was a big different in skill level of current squads. Do you normally quote people without reading what they actually say?

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2010, 08:30:47 AM »
if you read what i said you could answer your own question instead of just quoting me and asking them. I was speaking in general terms throughout the history of AH. I made it a point to say that and even mentioned that i didnt think there was a big different in skill level of current squads. Do you normally quote people without reading what they actually say?

Is the above quote a reply to what I wrote previously? :aok

Your post made more sense to me after I read the second paragraph. Sorry mate but I must have missed it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 08:35:44 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2010, 09:49:22 AM »
Nope you're not the only one.
I don't remember another in the last 7 years but it was only a belief after all. Thanks for posting! You're a star in an Ex-British shirt.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2010, 09:51:56 AM »
Whatever squad tolerates you (mine would be the FreeBird$)
Whatever squad you can tolerate back (Kommando Nowotny)

Both squads are fun to fly with.  :cheers:
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2010, 09:53:28 AM »
What squad is the best on the game. Now best can be described as the oldest the most fun or even the one that has the best score. I've been in the 81st Krewsaders,327th Steele Stalons,Claim Jumpers all the best. Very hard to decide who is the best. Who is the best in your opinion. :salute

well, if one really cares the OP broke this down into (3) categorys

Best "Oldest" Squadron

Best "most fun" Squadron

Best "Scoring" Squadron

I'll stick with the squad I have been with since I came here, and also flew in, in that 1st MP online combat flight Sim........ ( and also in all those other come along Flight sims since/after then )

I thought Rino was refering to NB, when he referenced inventing dirt  :devil.......figured he is so old he just got mixed up on the "2 Letter call signs"  :D
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2010, 11:06:11 AM »
69th Freedom Fighters

check us out at:

69thfreedomfighters.community .officelive.com

RedTail

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2010, 11:37:54 AM »
best pure sticks squads all time easily bk's aom and 13tas

Were you already muppet when we had squad duel with 13TAS? Some 5 or 6 years back? Bad memory here....  :old: