Author Topic: TY HTC  (Read 6936 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Re: TY HTC
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2010, 07:36:31 AM »
I'll give you another one for free, quit complaining about toolshedders!

Those guys who fly bombers are now going to be "required" in order to get much done.

Thank you. :)
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline LTARghst

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2010, 07:41:42 AM »
Haha just blame it all on that one Bish squad!

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2010, 07:42:58 AM »
   Example. Before a player could destroy a vh or a fh.
    Now it would be difficult without involving other ppl.

Just pretend you're playing arcade game and you've reached next level.
Enjoy it, because in one level after, radar will be set so low you'll have to dig tunnels.

PS
If that doesn't work for you I'd suggest playing offline. You'll be able to set your radar as you please and it doesn't have to involve other people.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2010, 08:12:23 AM »

This is a false assumption.

The game was designed to have fun at different types of combat. Conquering bases is just a means to promote combat and hence fun. But by no means is it more or less justified than going out and just mixing it up.

HiTech

The base capture system in AcesHigh is there to promote combat.

NOE Hoards do NOT promote combat.

Quite the opposite really.

Their goal is to overwhelm a base and capture it before they can be opposed.

By changing the radar settings this is no longer viable.

If you want to capture that base, you will have to fight your way in, fight your way to control it, and fight your way to that field capture.  (which is pretty much what I have always done so I am quite happy w/ this change)

Yes this change promotes the combat element as it forces players to have to fight if they want that base.

There are several squads, on ALL countries, that pretty much only run massive NOE hoards to try and "win da' war" and this update was directed at that type of game play.  This doesn't mean that bases can't be captured.  Quite the opposite as the requirement to take a base has not changed at all.  It DOES mean that for all intents and purposes you will have to change HOW you attack the base and it does promote combat in order to achieve that goal.

I am sure that the squads that try their best to avoid combat to try and capture a base will think up some other lame method to do so and HiTech will step in again and make yet another change.

Far better if these groups would instead take the time to learn how to fight and embrace the combat element as opposed to try and avoid it.

I for one had a blast last night bailing out of planes to respond to huge weenie hoard missions and beating the snot out of 'em.

Hopefully these groups will now take the time to get some Training and will focus now on learning how to fight instead of figuring out the best way to avoid it.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2010, 08:16:34 AM »
who gets to decide what  "lame" game play is?

I think it's going to be different depending on who you talk to...just a thought
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2010, 08:19:03 AM »
who gets to decide what  "lame" game play is?

HiTech does.

(duh)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2010, 09:04:35 AM »
oh I think it will. NOEer's will have to work at it a bit more, get better skilled. Better skilled players up the competition and that will make the game better for everyone.
Better for anyone who doesn’t quit their subscription due to the steep learning curve and prevailing antipathy towards new guys.

The rest of you will either have to up your game to accommodate the change, or whine a lot.

So again, up your game, adapt, learn to deal, or the next one is going to be even worse.
Or, you can whine, and you see how much sympathy that gets you around here.
Or take their $15 bucks and sign up for X-Box Live, instead.

WTG HTC! Make em whine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As opposed to the constant whining about hordes (NOT h-o-a-r-d-s!) from the self identified elite?   

there are a lot of things to do in this game and it's the same old argument over n over again.....
   who's 15 bucks is it?

I'M just sayin.......

Froger nails it.  The uber men need to ask themselves if they are willing to pay $150 per month to not be bothered by the unwashed.

Follow this. 
1. Aces High has a steep learning curve.
2. NOE’s were easy.
3. New guys like easy.
4. New radar altitudes make NOEs more difficult.
5. Less new guys stick around for the abuse heaped upon them by the “win teh fite” cabal.

P.S.
I’ve flown one NOE in the last six months.  The new radar setting will not affect me so much.  But when I started a few years ago, it was one of the first things I remember doing that made me feel like I was in the game.  Next came level bombing – another of those “uncool” activities, per the AH Forums Whining Consortium.  The point is that it took a while to reach my present level of mediocrity.  And I started with real life flying experience.

GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2010, 09:06:52 AM »
Better for anyone who doesn’t quit their subscription due to the steep learning curve and prevailing antipathy towards new guys.

Are you kidding?

You actually need make the learning curve a bit shallower to destroy buildings?    :huh
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2010, 09:21:58 AM »
There was never a problem with NOE Hordes, however there was a huge problem with Crybabies who were too lazy to defend their own flashing bases.  Thanks to these COWARDS (I tried using a more accurate word but apparently censorship is alive and well in this forum) we now have a less realistic radar system in the game and zero element of surprise.  They may as well force us to announce what we're doing on ALL Countries Text whenever we takeoff.

Does HTC realize that WWII was a fast moving war with territory constantly changing hands?  I think your efforts towards making the map a stalemate would be put to much better use in the WWI arena.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:35:23 AM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2010, 09:22:58 AM »
There was never a problem with NOE Hordes,

Wrong. There was a huge problem with them for gameplay.

Thanks to these squeakes we now have a less realistic radar system in the game and zero element of surprise.  

Wrong again. Surprise still works. Noe's basically still work.

And I'm really getting a chuckle from all these guys, coming here with no arguments, no logic, unfounded accusations and "it all about ME" attitude, doing nothing than COMPLAIN - and then they call all others "crybabies" :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:26:22 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2010, 09:24:57 AM »
Are you kidding?

You actually need make the learning curve a bit shallower to destroy buildings?    :huh
You are making my point for me.  You are a Training Corp guy?

Too many arrogant posters here show contempt for the first phases of what is a common path for an AH player.  Most new guys can get in and do level bombing fairly quickly.  Most newbies could do NOEs.

Give new guys something to do.  Who wants to sign up for a game that requires a long period of training?  The learning curve is worth it, in my opinion, because the game offers depth, and I love airplanes.  Some younger guys will not have the patience or attention span to put up all the hazing from the big egos on these boards.   
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2010, 09:29:27 AM »
Too many arrogant posters here show contempt for the first phases of what is a common path for an AH player.  Most new guys can get in and do level bombing fairly quickly.  Most newbies could do NOEs.  

It wasn't the newbies that were running constant horde NOE's against constantly changing targets to avoid any opposition and to roll a map.

Actually for a newbie that never experienced the "old" settings nothing will change much. They will still get shot down a lot, they will still make errirs of all kinds, they will still yell  "anyone needs a gunner" for a week before getting used to flying themselves ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2010, 09:48:50 AM »
Change IS good.
We ran a JU-87 mission against a vehicle base in the middle of an especially frantic TT.
The radar was still up and we were far from NOE.
After flattening the base and following up with Gvs the base was taken.
Surprise does still work(we were surprised that we made it to the target).
STUKA RAIDZ RULE!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:54:06 AM by usvi »
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2010, 09:53:43 AM »
whats the height of the trees and barns in the game, if you fly just above the trees is this under the radar?

just wondering.

ROFLOL Jolly, heck bro... if the DAR kicked in at 2000 feet, you'd still hit a tree.  I can remember that you'd hit a tree if we were flying NOE over water. HAHAHHAHA

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2010, 09:56:44 AM »
Haha just blame it all on that one Bish squad!

I think you better expand that to some squads on the Rook and Knit sides as well.  There is no ONE country that is the single guilty party in this mess!

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!