Author Topic: P-40/A6M updated  (Read 1840 times)

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
Re: P-40/A6M updated
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »
I don't know if the 109s have been updated, but those too.
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 05:47:27 PM »
I don't know if the 109s have been updated, but those too.
They have been updated.  If the plane has moving cockpit controls, it is AH2 standard, if not, AH1.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline speak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 09:56:30 AM »
why not just update the whole list of planes, add some new rides (air & GV).  Not like HiTech is lacking the funds or resources.  Hire a few more designers and get it done.  Should be about quality, which it is by far the best WW2 sim already, but just don't settle. 

<S>

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 11:17:38 AM »
why not just update the whole list of planes, add some new rides (air & GV).  Not like HiTech is lacking the funds or resources.  Hire a few more designers and get it done.  Should be about quality, which it is by far the best WW2 sim already, but just don't settle. 

<S>
It is about quality, quantity of staff does not mean quality of product.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 11:28:40 AM »
+1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 05:33:36 PM »
wNot like HiTech is lacking the funds or resources. 
<S>
How would you know what resources they have?  They don't publish subscriber numbers, but it is pretty easy to run some basic calculations and see that they aren't rolling in excess money.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline speak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 07:41:17 PM »
How would you know what resources they have?  They don't publish subscriber numbers, but it is pretty easy to run some basic calculations and see that they aren't rolling in excess money.

Resources are plentiful in this economy........how many subscribers you think they have?  with a minimum of 200 payable accounts, that is 3 grand.  not bad for a monthly income in TX.  BUT, we all know there are a lot more paid accounts than 200.  Oh well, I'm over it, 17 more days.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 09:40:54 PM »
Resources are plentiful in this economy........how many subscribers you think they have?  with a minimum of 200 payable accounts, that is 3 grand.  not bad for a monthly income in TX.  BUT, we all know there are a lot more paid accounts than 200.  Oh well, I'm over it, 17 more days.
Three grand is chickenscratch.  You won't get anybody decent for that kind of pay.  Also, you left out the other expenses.  Payroll taxes, benefit expenses and all.  By the time you calculate all of that it is well more than $3,000/mo for a guy who takes home $3,000 pre tax.  Companies need to make a profit and what you suggest would take money directly out of the ability of HTC to make a profit.  As you noted, economic times are hard and while that means you might get an employee a bit cheaply it also means, particularly for entertainment companies, that your paying customers are fewer as people save money.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline speak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 11:19:18 PM »
Three grand is chickenscratch.  You won't get anybody decent for that kind of pay.  Also, you left out the other expenses.  Payroll taxes, benefit expenses and all.  By the time you calculate all of that it is well more than $3,000/mo for a guy who takes home $3,000 pre tax.  Companies need to make a profit and what you suggest would take money directly out of the ability of HTC to make a profit.  As you noted, economic times are hard and while that means you might get an employee a bit cheaply it also means, particularly for entertainment companies, that your paying customers are fewer as people save money.

as stated.  i only calculated for 200 paying customers.   On Titanic Tuesdays you see around 6-7 hundred, which is only for LW.  I am sure they are not hurting, compared to some of the players on here.  Oh and if 36k annually isn't enough for someone to live off of, ask yourself how somone who makes only 25k annually supports a family.  Its all about priorities and by going by what is actually necessary.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 12:12:23 AM »
as stated.  i only calculated for 200 paying customers.   On Titanic Tuesdays you see around 6-7 hundred, which is only for LW.  I am sure they are not hurting, compared to some of the players on here.  Oh and if 36k annually isn't enough for someone to live off of, ask yourself how somone who makes only 25k annually supports a family.  Its all about priorities and by going by what is actually necessary.
I didn't say 36k annually wasn't enough to live off of, I said it wouldn't get you very skilled people.  There is a difference.  The priorities of a person who has the skills needed would be to get paid a salary commiserate with those skills.  If people only went for enough money to live off of at a basic level capitalism wouldn't work.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 01:48:12 AM »
The realistic and detailed cockpits do add a lot to the game to make it attractive and immersive.  But since you can't really model human head, neck, and eye movement, please take care to give priority to visibility of the instruments over detail and realism.

+1 for A6M and P-40 cockpit updates

Offline PropHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2010, 04:23:47 PM »
+100000000000000 The baby blue cockpit gotta  :bolt:
I love WWI planes but they dont like me at all. :(
-------------------------------
Appointed by the masses.
The people have spoken.
They just didn't say anything intellegent... - Von Messa

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 05:32:01 PM »

<S>

LOL!  Another expert on how to make a game.  Get to it HiTech, speak says it's easy to do so get it done!

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 05:40:12 PM »
They will get done when they are done. :old:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »

Until you know what it takes to not only design a massively multiplayer game but run it as well, you should stop making comments like the ones you've made.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song