Author Topic: The scourge of 262's  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: The scourge of 262's
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 07:25:33 PM »
On the average, less than 1% of all kills by planes in the LW arenas are made by the 262. And with the notable exception of literally a handful of players, most 262 pilots do only grab one when it's really cheap (= their country outnumbered big time)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 07:27:05 PM »
Ive never seen anyone "turn fight" with a 262, not saying it doesnt happen.  Explain "crossing shot theory". or does that give up the big secret.

Bad guy crosses in front, bang he's dead. :aok

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 07:29:18 PM »
Ive never seen anyone "turn fight" with a 262, not saying it doesnt happen.  Explain "crossing shot theory". or does that give up the big secret.
Oh they might turn, but it'll be a ways out. I wish I could get a 262 to turn with me more often. Grizz is a good shot and if you watch his films, he flings the nose to throw a tater at you.  I'm starting to notice that about the 109 sticks.  :noid

Ardy made a good shot on me the other night just like Grizz would of done. Something is a foot with the tater spud gun thingy.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:32:10 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 07:29:31 PM »
Ive never seen anyone "turn fight" with a 262, not saying it doesnt happen.  Explain "crossing shot theory". or does that give up the big secret.
Its only perks man. Ill turn fight with almost anything in a 262. I could care less these days. Grizz and I use to do it all the time when winging.

Tell ya what. Go offline with one. Get it going about 200 throw full flaps and sling the bellybutton end around. Thats the old m00t bellybutton slide move.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 07:31:10 PM »
Oh they might turn, but it'll be a ways out. I wish I could get a 262 to turn with me more often. Grizz is a good shot and if you watch his films, he flings the nose to throw a tater at you.  I'm starting to notice that about the 109 sticks.  :noid
Taters = all about angles.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 07:44:52 PM »
And is the fuel burn/capacity correct? 

Yes, it is. I went through this in some other thread some time ago
MA (FB 2.0) 262 endurance is only about 20 minutes on the deck at full throttle, but you can extend endurance a lot by climbing to altitude and throttling back.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 07:53:54 PM »
262s are fun once in a while to burn excess perks. For the tater-challenged, like myself, sneaking in NOE, popping up to blast someone taking off, and rinsing and repeating is an easy way for kills. Landing is the tough part... :uhoh

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »
author=grumpy37 link=topic=291927.msg3716040#msg3716040 date=1277943764]

Crossing Shot-

Of course this is my definition but I believe others will agree

First how far is the con in front of you how much speed does he have?
When he starts to turn, you turn that direction and pull hard getting ahead of him by lead pursuit to a position where you know a approx. 200 yard crossing shot will be available.  After your in this position you have to do several things:

1. Again estimate there speed
2. Put your piper in front of where the prop will be or as close as possible
3. Fire before the plane arrives figuring the speed of the bullet making it arrive at the same time the plane does

Harder then you think it is, Grizz is one of the best at this just try it

I've been working on this but it's hard for a old man to learn new tricks  :D
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »
As long as you're good at deflection and quick snap shots, the cannon on the ME 262 isn't hard to get kills with.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 09:30:27 PM »
my preferred 262 method is to dive on a set of lancs from 5-10k alt advantage from lanc's 11 oclock, throttle off, realize im now about the lanc's 9 oclock, still too fast, yank it,  get 600 yds realize the spuds are missing (already half gone), yank it even more, and collide with a drone.   :aok

If I got one lanc, I'm lucky  :rofl

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 09:35:30 PM »
262s are fun once in a while to burn excess perks. For the tater-challenged, like myself, sneaking in NOE, popping up to blast someone taking off, and rinsing and repeating is an easy way for kills. Landing is the tough part... :uhoh
pull off a low alt furball while you're in the 262 :aok there was 4 allies and 6 enemies, i rolling scissored a p51D at one time in order to overtake him when he got on my 6... he was a bad pilot though, he shoulda had me
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 09:47:48 PM »
262's are easily dispatched with superior number prowress.  You should always fly a 262 when you want to vulch.  That is when they are most effective.  It is a highly overated plane, and in no way should be used to fend off the horde because of it's vulnerabilites.  If you fly the 262, you are a score umm "potato?" 
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 09:55:27 PM »
My opinion heres what it boils down to:

Only a handful can fly the 262 and get 10+ kills almost everytime making the perks worth the flight.  This is itself does 2 things

1.Makes people complain about the ones who fly it so well or

2. Make people want to take the plane out of the set or give them there own arena

:rofl

Well it's the truth and I'm one that keeps on practicing with them.  I'm normally good for about 3 kills right now in one and miss the other 10 shots but you'll never see me complain about a 262 because it takes skill to fly well.  Just get use to it or practice to get better in the plane.  The perks of about 200 on average is plenty for the perks that it costs.  Because the ones who fly it well isn't going to lose many of them anyway so if your upping the perks on the plane the only people you are hurting is the ones complaining to begin with - so this thread is pointless!
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 10:30:06 PM »
Ok so here is a question then.....  If the 262 cost half as much as it does now considering by what  has been said that only very few can really use its potential would it make a difference in game play?
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 11:14:23 PM »

Well it's the truth and I'm one that keeps on practicing with them.  I'm normally good for about 3 kills right now in one and miss the other 10 shots but you'll never see me complain about a 262 because it takes skill to fly well.  Just get use to it or practice to get better in the plane.  The perks of about 200 on average is plenty for the perks that it costs.  Because the ones who fly it well isn't going to lose many of them anyway so if your upping the perks on the plane the only people you are hurting is the ones complaining to begin with - so this thread is pointless!

Are you shooting all guns at once? I just use 2 at a time. 4 is overkill unless attacking bombers. Typically I'll run out of fuel well before im out of ammo. Unless of course it's a good run :D
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9