Author Topic: The scourge of 262's  (Read 2991 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: The scourge of 262's
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2010, 12:15:24 PM »
That is the nature of online gaming... if you only spend an hour online every 2 weeks, your ability to furball will be diminished and it can even affect your ability to GV.

Right now, the perk system is almost useless unless ENY is elevated. Some of us are approaching 50k perks, I wouldn't doubt some of have crossed that line already.

How about hitech just putting in a 1337 style of text that you can buy for your name for like 50k perkies.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2010, 12:19:24 PM »
Right now, the perk system is almost useless unless ENY is elevated. Some of us are approaching 50k perks, I wouldn't doubt some of have crossed that line already.

It's my firm belief that the 50k or even 10k guys are a very small minority... and they do have so many perks because they aren't really interested in flying perk planes at all.

And many, if not most that do fly 262's roll them only when they are cheap...very few "dare" to fly them at 300perks.

(Just for the record, I have only 1.2k fighter perks right now)

For the new or occasional gamer, getting enough perks to fly a 262 one is a goal... one that can keep then occupied (and paying :D) for many, many tours
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 12:20:57 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2010, 12:26:10 PM »
That is the nature of online gaming... if you only spend an hour online every 2 weeks, your ability to furball will be diminished and it can even affect your ability to GV.

It's my firm belief that the 50k or even 10k guys are a very small minority... and they do have so many perks because they aren't really interested in flying perk planes at all.

And many, if not most that do fly 262's roll them only when they are cheap...very few "dare" to fly them at 300perks.

(Just for the record, I have only 1.2k fighter perks right now)

For the new or occasional gamer, getting enough perks to fly a 262 one is a goal... one that can keep then occupied (and paying :D) for many, many tours

I find myself in a strange position because I find Del's idea somewhat interesting but I'm also exactly the type of player that the snail is describing.  I have just shy of 60K in perks but that's mostly just from literally years and years of flying and I rarely take up a perk plane.  Frankly I'm more of a danger to myself in a 262 than anyone around me. 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Glen69

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2010, 12:30:35 PM »
Your safe from my 262, all the perk disappeared along with my areana connection  :furious
Do you really think we sit around here trying to find ways to piss off the customer base?
  :headscratch: Only the customers that squad up, mission up and take bases.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2010, 12:32:29 PM »
Most of us old timers have so many perks, we can fly 262s for several camps full time and not run out of perks.

I always wanted perks to reset on your monthly subscription date, this way perk rides would have more value and everyone would be on a different calendar.

Heck, it might even encourage people to fly for the side with the lowest numbers to earn perks.
+1 like tndep said...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline whipster22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2010, 03:57:35 PM »
with all this whineing it makes you want a kikka (Orange blossom) and a J7W :devil
just dewbing up the bbs
baby seal

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2010, 04:16:19 PM »
Turn fighting a 262. Just a little fun one night  :D

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2010, 04:51:05 PM »
A well flown 262's can kill at will and remain virtually untouchable, while the conventional aircraft provide the cannon fodder.  Sometimes it seems that some pilots are simply building their scores at the expense of other's enjoyment of the game.  Is it time to give them their own arena?  Or make them even more expensive in the MA?  Or make each successive 262 more expensive?

And is the fuel burn/capacity correct?  They seem to have an unusually long endurance, particularly for a jet.

This post reminds me of this cartoon:

If I am over-the-line here please accept my apology, Skuzzy, and delete my post.  It's the spirit of the matter that I am trying to convey not any particular affiliation...
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2010, 05:05:47 PM »
Sittin in tower I hear/see a whole slew of 262's rolling so I grab one and we go, couple of my squaddies grabbed one and went too.

What a ball, even if I was the "scourge", for once I was not the "scorgee".  I have never seen this many jets ever and it was really fun.  Got 3 kills, giggling on landing I overshoot the runway, had to slam the throttle on full and go around again.

Thanks for the fun, sorry if you were on the receiving end of this.  I would love to try fighting against this "scourge" next time maybe.
 :rock
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2010, 12:44:53 AM »
I find myself in a strange position because I find Del's idea somewhat interesting but I'm also exactly the type of player that the snail is describing.  I have just shy of 60K in perks but that's mostly just from literally years and years of flying and I rarely take up a perk plane.  Frankly I'm more of a danger to myself in a 262 than anyone around me. 

In all honesty I don't know how many perk points I have, and I really don't care. 

There are guys who can work miracles in 262s and do things the rest of us can't.  That being said, I do somewhat understand the frustration as all it takes is a couple of well flown 262s and everyone is spending their time watching them and doing nothing else.

I'd rather the skilled horde busters did it in birds that got the hordes wanting to learn to fly that way, instead of just pounding them into oblivion because they can.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters