Author Topic: Bug or bust..  (Read 605 times)

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
Bug or bust..
« on: July 01, 2010, 04:53:19 PM »
I dunno...Last time I sent here something, Hitech blamed me.
This time is that:
A short film.
Why do I get just 1 kill instead of 3?
I count multiple, lethal hits on all 3 planes...and, that guy gets offline.
Take a look:
http://www.ekenas.fi/hakarinn/files/weirdone.ahf
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:41:49 PM by Zuum »
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
Re: Bug or bust..
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 06:21:40 PM »
Neither bug nor bust...its a 'feature'...

IraqVet got disconnected right after you shot him down in plane #1...and BEFORE you registered hits on drone #2...and he never got to jump to the next healthy plane.

Rightfully you were not awarded the kill on his remaining ghost drones...you were killing non-existent aircraft...

The only reason he ended up in the film as long as he did before 'virtually vaporizing' was a simple function of the push back delays and cycles of the Hi-Tech servers feeding your client...

Its not a perfect world...communication between clients and servers takes time, and takes even more time to process...

You didn't get ripped off....

Oneway
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:28:59 PM by oneway »

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 07:24:54 PM »
Consider yourself lucky you ended up with one kill on a line up like that, especially against him.  :aok
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 08:58:57 PM »
Consider yourself lucky you ended up with one kill on a line up like that, especially against him.  :aok

Exactly...IraqVet is no slouch when it comes to defending his birds...

IV is one of the better big set drivers...OP is  lucky he lived to tell about it....

Had OP rolled under a set like that and pulled the same rookie low 6 aft to co-alt 6 aft attack with a guy capable of returning fire he would have been mincemeat....plain and simple...

Leads me to believe that IV was getting hosed on his connection right at the moment he was gonna roast OP 600 rear and low...

Out

Oneway
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:08:37 PM by oneway »

Offline Eurastus

• Zinc Member
Bug or bust..
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »
I didn't realize how long the invicibility problem with the M4 76mm has been going on until I dropped into the forum.  A month or so ago I hit such an M4 12-times at short range with an 88mm field gun... no kill.  Three days ago I hit an M4 22-times with a Panzer AP rounds... no kill.  No matter where I hit the tank, my rounds would simply richochet off into the sky or the nearby ground.  I finally gave up and went into hiding.

The M4 of WWII was a beer can armor-wise.  A solid hit anywhere with an 88 or Panzer round at short range meant war over time.  The Aces High modeling of this tank is not accurate, but that works to our advantage as much as it does our detriment.  I plan on using the M4 a lot, and I expect to drive around with impunity.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 06:56:57 PM »
I didn't realize how long the invicibility problem with the M4 76mm has been going on until I dropped into the forum.  A month or so ago I hit such an M4 12-times at short range with an 88mm field gun... no kill.  Three days ago I hit an M4 22-times with a Panzer AP rounds... no kill.  No matter where I hit the tank, my rounds would simply richochet off into the sky or the nearby ground.  I finally gave up and went into hiding.

The M4 of WWII was a beer can armor-wise.  A solid hit anywhere with an 88 or Panzer round at short range meant war over time.  The Aces High modeling of this tank is not accurate, but that works to our advantage as much as it does our detriment.  I plan on using the M4 a lot, and I expect to drive around with impunity.

Please provide film of this before running off into battle in an M4 and assuming you're inivincible. 

I suspect you were lobbing the default munition of the 88mm field gun's at the M4 - AA rounds, as these rounds (as intended) are useless against heavy armor.  The AA rounds also have a time-delay fuse, so if it was set to its default of 5.0k range and your target was 5.02k away.... 

Are you certain you were firing the 88mm's alternative munition of AP (armor piercing)?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Eurastus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 10:31:05 PM »
Thanks for replying.

My experience with the M4A3s is as a Panzer or T34 gunner who kept bouncing repeated rounds off an M4A3/76, and I know about the difference in field gun ammo.  I paired up with another T34/85 the other day toe-to-toe against a single M4/76 and all we did was bounce rounds off the M4 until it took us both out.  A few days ago I hit an M4/76 driven by redctchr four times broadside with Panzer AP at 800-yards before he located me and finished me off.  Just minutes ago I struck an M4/76 driven by Fish62 eight times with a Panzer IV AP at about 1200-yards... every round richocheted off the M4 and struck the dirt or bounced into the air.   The M4/76 drivers know this, and just sit there and take the rounds knowing their best bet is to slug it out... and probably win.

This hard-to-kill problem exists only with the M4A3/76; not the lesser-gunned M4A3/75 even though both A3 model tanks are identically armored except for the turret differences used in mounting the upgraded 76mm gun.  But, while the 75mm version is one of the easiest armored vehicles in the game to defeat, the same welded hull tank sporting the 76mm gun requires nothing less than a Panther to hope for a one-shot kill at shorter ranges.  I would expect the damage modeling for both M4 versions to be identical... it clearly isn't.

Of course I was being funny about driving the M4/76 like I was Superman... everything in the game dies.  If you want a film I'll see what I can do.  But, in talking about the M4's to the other guys who fight tanks in the game, I can't recall a single one who wasn't aware of all this, or disagreed.  I know... everyone complains about damage modeling; but there is a serious modeling problem with the M4 and it's been there for a very long time.  The historical M4 received main gun updates, and in the Jumbo model extra armor.  But in all other instances the thing was literally a sucker for any anti-tank round.  Not so with Hitech's interpretation of the vehicle.  :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 10:36:10 PM by Eurastus »