Author Topic: Herding Arenas !!!  (Read 6284 times)

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
Re: Herding Arenas !!!
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2010, 12:18:19 AM »
I think you miss the point.  Why not get an old copy of European Air War or something similar.  You could fly against the computer all you want.  It wouldn't cost you monthly.  There was a really nice game specifically for flying B17s too that came out after that.  Highly detailed and you could fight no one all you wanted then.

What AKAK and Rino are wondering is why you'd pay for a game that allows you to test yourself against other real life players and then not do it?

Trust Me. I get killed plenty trying to take bases. Spent two hours tonight trying to take a Vbase with my squad and other Bish in a Sherman, and got killed about as many times as I got kills. This is not about avoiding the fight because I never do. It was about taking away the stealth and surprise part of the game. Many of you guys think that people who like NOE's or strat runs are avoiding fights. This is not the case. Before the changes there was still a chess game element to the game. Strat or HQ bombing runs or defense is a great example. I would plan my route and play cat and mouse with the fighter who ups to defend. I couldnt see where he was but the dar showed that he was there.  Now there is no stealth or surprise. Just look for the red dots. Some may disagree with me. Every person has an opinion on this. This one just happens to be mine...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:28:27 AM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2010, 12:21:24 AM »
Trust Me. I get killed plenty trying to take bases. Spent two hours tonight trying to take a Vbase in a Sherman, and got killed about as many times as I got kills. This is not about avoiding the fight because I never do. It was about taking away the stealth and surprise part of the game.

And you believe a single Sherman should be able to take a base?  Nothing stealth about a tank :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2010, 12:24:40 AM »
And you believe a single Sherman should be able to take a base?  Nothing stealth about a tank :)

I was with my squad and about 20 other Bish !! I think you are missing the point my friend..  I think tanks are alot more about stealth and tactics than planes are now. In a tank my enemy wont see me unless I make a bad move. I wont see him unless he makes a bad move.  With planes, I can see them taking off anywhere on the map now. Just look for the red dot. At least before the dar bar left you guessing as to where they might be at any given time ...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:49:04 AM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2010, 08:43:27 AM »
I would plan my route and play cat and mouse with the fighter who ups to defend. I couldnt see where he was but the dar showed that he was there.  Now there is no stealth or surprise. Just look for the red dots. Some may disagree with me.

well assuming you were over ENEMY territory, in an ENEMY dar, you still dont get any red dots. and never did. it has not changed at all.  the enemy can see YOU easier, but you still don't know where he is aside from the bar.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2010, 08:46:18 AM »

well assuming you were over ENEMY territory, in an ENEMY dar, you still dont get any red dots. and never did. it has not changed at all.  the enemy can see YOU easier, but you still don't know where he is aside from the bar.

You have misinterpreted sky :)
He didn't claim he could have seen enemy dot before.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2010, 08:53:26 AM »
perhaps, just wanna make sure people aren't exaggerating the situation.. because AH people NEVER do that  :D

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: July 09, 2010, 09:14:22 AM »
He didn't kill milk running. A real milk runner did not fly deep into enemy airspace to attack the low-value, highly defended strat targets. Milkrunning was and still is done completely differently.

I can milk the same way I could before. The increased dar ranage has no influence on that at all.

Milktard!  ;)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 09, 2010, 09:15:08 AM »
 :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2010, 11:50:14 AM »
How does one milk a snail? Do they even have nipples?
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA