Author Topic: Herding Arenas !!!  (Read 6450 times)

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
Re: Herding Arenas !!!
« Reply #165 on: July 08, 2010, 05:41:35 PM »
So Hitech not only killed NOE raids by lowering the dar altitude, forcing people to fight, he also effectively killed milk running by extending dar range, forcing people to fight,

wrongway

Whats wrong with milk running if that is what the player likes to do? The same can be said for furballing, Gv'ing, etc.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 05:58:20 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 08, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »
he also effectively killed milk running

He didn't kill milk running. A real milk runner did not fly deep into enemy airspace to attack the low-value, highly defended strat targets. Milkrunning was and still is done completely differently.

I can milk the same way I could before. The increased dar ranage has no influence on that at all.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: July 08, 2010, 06:31:30 PM »
Whats wrong with milk running if that is what the player likes to do? The same can be said for furballing, Gv'ing, etc.
He didn't kill milk running. A real milk runner did not fly deep into enemy airspace to attack the low-value, highly defended strat targets. Milkrunning was and still is done completely differently.

I can milk the same way I could before. The increased dar ranage has no influence on that at all.

Nothing wrong with milk running.  What's wrong with finding the milk runners?

And Lusche, no one ever flew deep into enemy territory to hit strats, did they?   ;)

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2010, 06:36:10 PM »
Whats wrong with milk running if that is what the player likes to do?

Why waste money playing a PvP centric game when you're too timid to engage in combat?  That's all milk running is, attacking undefended targets to avoid having to engage in combat and risk being shot down.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2010, 06:37:33 PM »
Why waste money playing a PvP centric game when you're too timid to engage in combat?

ack-ack

teh airplanez!  :airplane: :airplane:

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2010, 06:39:07 PM »
That's all milk running is, attacking undefended targets to avoid having to engage in combat and risk being shot down.

ack-ack
He must have been flying to Nit bases then. :bolt:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2010, 06:40:40 PM »
And Lusche, no one ever flew deep into enemy territory to hit strats, did they?   ;)

Yes people did. But this was no milk running in any way.

Milk running is maximizing own score by attacking a relatively high value, but hoepfully undefended "easy target"

And that's why, if you were trying to do a milk run, you stayed away from the strats deep in enemy territory.  There were (and are) much better targets, with lot less defenses, more value in score and much less likeliness of being intercepted.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2010, 07:17:17 PM »
Why waste money playing a PvP centric game when you're too timid to engage in combat?  That's all milk running is, attacking undefended targets to avoid having to engage in combat and risk being shot down.

ack-ack

Ack Ack, is it not up to the player how he or she chooses to play the game that they paid for ?  :salute

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2010, 07:20:36 PM »
He must have been flying to Nit bases then. :bolt:

Thats a good one! :aok :aok

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2010, 07:28:46 PM »
Ack Ack, is it not up to the player how he or she chooses to play the game that they paid for ?  :salute

Never said it wasn't, just wondering why would someone waste money playing a PvP game when they do whatever they can do to avoid PvP.

It's like paying for cable TV when you don't own a TV.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:22:16 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2010, 07:28:46 PM »
Ack Ack, is it not up to the player how he or she chooses to play the game that they paid for ?  :salute

Absolutely, however it's perfectly ok to redicule those actions as well.  You can't realistically expect
applause for milkrunning now can you?  Oh yeah, when you disagree with someone then give a salute,
it must be a Jersey style one eh?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2010, 08:01:14 PM »

It's like paying for cable TV when you don't own a TV.

ack-ack
Well that explains it. I knew there must have been a reason.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2010, 11:46:24 PM »
      Absolutely, however it's perfectly ok to reticule those actions as well.  You can't realistically expect
applause for milkrunning now can you?  Oh yeah, when you disagree with someone then give a salute,
it must be a Jersey style one eh?

Just because I disagree with Ack Ack I still try to show respect when I saluted. Do you prefer otherwise?  You can ridicule milk runners or me all you want. It still isn't going to stop me from playing my game the way I want.. I didnt ask you for any applause either!!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:04:56 AM by sky25 »

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2010, 11:49:09 PM »
Well that explains it. I knew there must have been a reason.

My TV is on blocks in the front yard. LOL

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #179 on: July 09, 2010, 12:13:41 AM »
Just because I disagree with Ack Ack I still try to show respect when I saluted. Do you prefer otherwise?  You can ridicule milk runners or me all you want. It still isn't going to stop me from playing my game the way I want.. I didnt ask you for any applause either!!!

I think you miss the point.  Why not get an old copy of European Air War or something similar.  You could fly against the computer all you want.  It wouldn't cost you monthly.  There was a really nice game specifically for flying B17s too that came out after that.  Highly detailed and you could fight no one all you wanted then.

What AKAK and Rino are wondering is why you'd pay for a game that allows you to test yourself against other real life players and then not do it?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters