Author Topic: DCS: Blackshark  (Read 1675 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Re: DCS: Blackshark
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 12:59:14 PM »
Wait a minute.  Time out.  Back the aeroplane up.  There are nukes in F4AF?

Yes, but it's useless. All it really does is cause the campaign to crash. The animations for it aren't even accurate, correct, or modeled. The effect is basically just a large radius explosion. Take a standard 2000 JDAM, multiply the dmg & radius several hundred times, and you get the F4AF nuke.

If you want to experiment with it, create a Tactical Engagement in 2010 NK. Drop down a few dozen tank and infantry columns. Add some SAMs if you're feeling saucy. Create your package and load it with the nuclear bomb. Burn 400 to 29.9 (contrails start @ 30), fly to where you know the dots you just created are, roll in, and bomb them. Accuracy not required. There's also some nuclear free fall bombs for red side bombers if you know how to switch over and fly as the OPFOR.

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2010, 06:17:33 PM »
Freaking awesome.  Good information to know.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2010, 06:07:24 AM »
More pretty pictures! These are from my longest and highest mission yet, at a little over one hour and a cruising altitude of 3800 meters. This was also my first four-ship attack.

All four birds on the tarmac:

Ships three and four to the right:

Entering the mountains:

A pair of Su-30s softening up the target for us:

Hauling arse toward the egress point as I realize how much fuel I have burned:

Screaming low around the mountains because I cannot afford the fuel to go over them:

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 05:21:30 AM »
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=55848 

As of now, DCS:Black Shark is sold on steam. That version does not have starforce!