Author Topic: Customer Suggestions Unwanted  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Customer Suggestions Unwanted
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2010, 04:00:46 PM »
I doubt this.  Each of the questions you ask has been answered repeatedly and ad nauseum on these boards over the past five years; indeed, most have them have been re-hashed within the past six months (or less).  If you're simply using this "ask the customer what s/he wants" theme as a disguise to go over them all again....please just don't.

- oldman

6 months?  More like 6 hours. ;)
See Rule #4

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2010, 04:11:39 PM »
I have a feeling that customer feedback is not aggressively pursued by HTC because of two likely factors.  The first is that the feedback they got would mostly like be selfish in nature, people want what's good for them, HTC is concerned with the group as a whole.

Would not any customer feedback be selfish in nature. The feedback would be their own perception of their experiences within the game. I have only been a customer for about 1 1/2 years total. I will say that there are a determined group of long time players both in the forums and in the game that do everything possible to run off new players in the game and on the forums. Just the other week a new player posted a question on a forums, and the same old group of guys ripped him to shreds for asking it.

I think Aces High would do better if they did more to make new players feel more welcome when they enter the game.. Even on the forums when a new guy asks a legitimate question, the same group of about 10 regular forum guys rip the poor guy to shreds for even asking. They don't even answer his question, they for the most part tell him in so many words to get lost..

Same thing happens in the arena. I remember when I first started playing the game. I had no squad. I joined a few missions as a Knight  and was kicked out of some them by the mission commander for being a noob. Why post an open mission on country if your going to tell noobs to not join?  I have pretty thick skin and didn't let that bother me, but some guys might just say to hell with this game and not join after their two weeks is up...  Now there are many players that will go out of there way to help the new guy. I will go out of my way to help a new guy, and so will many others.. There are also many highly experienced players with very high scores that will kill a new guy and then PM him with advise on how to avoid the situation that killed him.. There is a small group within the game and forums that do their best to make a new player unwelcome in this game. When you go on channel 200 and read nothing but things like Dumb Noob, Noob Dweeb, Noob Ass##%^ Hoed me. That has to have an affect on some new kid joining the game. Then we have the younger guys. The Squeakers that everyone loves to treat badly and put down. Does anyone not realize that these squeakers are the future of Aces High. Those squeakers will get older and become lifetime customers..

I was talking to a guy a few weeks ago that had been playing for about a month off and on. I was teaching him how to zoom in his tank sights. Later on I seen a fellow Bish just insulting the heck out of the guy on country for asking a question. Needless to say I never seen the guy playing again after that.

I am a 44 year old that enjoys the game. I am also a business man. You can market anything and get customers, but if you do not keep them its wasted effort.. My feedback if asked would be simple. Do more to make the new guys just joining to feel welcome, and do more to keep the small group of players from running them off. Just my two Cents Worth...

I noticed a new guy two weeks ago that posted a question on the forum and he was attacked for it. Scuzzy did not like seeing this guy atacked for asking a question and voiced his displeasure at the guys who did the attacking. That tells me that they do pay attention to what is being said on the forums and I am sure that they do not want customers ran off either..

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:29:40 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2010, 04:15:22 PM »
When I get dissatisfied I will stop sending them checks.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2010, 04:18:04 PM »
HTC doesn't listen to their customers huh?  ok

Read this one, it's a post started by Lusche about adjust caps to make it a bit more EURO friendly when the dynamic caps kick in.

Or, Read this one, it's post by Baumer discussing an issue with "site sizes".

Both have seen Hitech very active in and both seemed to have gotten some good info flowing. Whether or not anything comes out of them or not, only time will tell. I'd like you to point me to some other companies that have this kind of hands on communication with their customers.

My guess is the OP falls into that group that "thinks" they know what they want, but it isn't at all what they are going to get   :D

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2010, 04:20:31 PM »

Read this one, it's a post started by Lusche about adjust caps to make it a bit more EURO friendly when the dynamic caps kick in.

Both have seen Hitech very active in and both seemed to have gotten some good info flowing. Whether or not anything comes out of them or not, only time will tell. I'd like you to point me to some other companies that have this kind of hands on communication with their customers.

My guess is the OP falls into that group that "thinks" they know what they want, but it isn't at all what they are going to get   :D

lol, I Agree, I think HTC does listen to the player base. That being said, just because you didn't get your B29 with its NOOK!, doesn't mean he isn't reading it, he just may know how to spell  :devil.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2010, 04:24:42 PM »
Has anybody else noticed that the people who come forward with the ideas about marketing and how to grow the company tend to be some of the most obnoxious and hostilely worded posts?  I know it sure makes me want to listen to them on how to market, since they're so obviously brilliant at selling us their ideas.

Wiley.

What cracks me up is how they're all experts in not only creating but running a massively multiplayer online game.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2010, 04:30:26 PM »
What cracks me up is how they're all experts in not only creating but running a massively multiplayer online game.

ack-ack

ahh...

because they are cranky kids in the cockpit again.  the posters of these BBS messages tend to be kids.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2010, 04:46:54 PM »
If you don't like the way Aces High is being run, the only way any of us can show our enjoyment or lack thereof is by purchasing/not purchasing a subscription.

I don't agree with some things like the lack of channel 1 access in the MA, WWI arena, and the way airfields can be so easily damaged for example. However, no other WWII flight sim has the viability that Aces High does. Ask the Fighter Ace guys and (before too long) the Warbirds guys if they agree or disagree.

For the viability reason alone, I'm certain Hitech is doing what is best (even if I don't always agree with it). My biggest concern about the future of AH is when/if Hitech gets tired of it all and sells the company to someone that won't give a horse's a** what happens to it.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2010, 04:50:36 PM »
ahh...

because they are cranky kids in the cockpit again.  the posters of these BBS messages tend to be kids.
(Image removed from quote.)

I disagree, there are plenty of whiny adults on here.

By the way, the phrase, "give em an inch and they take a mile" comes to mind.  There are very few games where you can have this kind of interaction and input into development.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2010, 05:03:09 PM »
HTC could always open an office in the uk, plenty of sites with cheap rent

We spare no expense over here.

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »

Reminds me when I requested we be able to reposition the default head position if we had the track IR. It wasn't possible before the last update. HTC read my post and put in the fix within that month. I thought that was pretty amazing.

Infidelz.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2010, 05:22:52 PM »
I think that's been taken:

LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2010, 05:25:22 PM »
When I get dissatisfied I will stop sending them checks.

shamus
Pretty much sums it up.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2010, 05:26:39 PM »
My feedback if asked would be simple. Do more to make the new guys just joining to feel welcome

This is something that's always struck me as odd.  I've played a couple of online flight sims over the last few years, I've played other MMO type games off and on over the years.

I think it's safe to say that as a whole, the flight sims have been a heck of a lot more cordial with new guys than a lot of other online games I've seen.  How many other types of game have a group of people whose major reason to be ingame is to help new people learn how to play?

The hostility toward new people comes from the players, not the company, and it seems to me to pretty much go with the territory of it being an online game.  If you start getting heavy-handed with the policing of the playerbase, you have a tendency to alienate way more people.  The Internet is never going to be a place of happiness and politeness across the board.  You have good people, you have bad people.  The difference between online and IRL is you are personally exposing yourself to every single person on the server when you say something on a public channel.  Angry, embittered people are going to read your comment, and respond if they are so inclined.

The company that successfully makes its playerbase play nice across the board is one to watch out for, because if they can do that, they have some pretty sophisticated brainwashing techniques.

I don't think the company really has all that much direct influence of how 'welcoming' the game is, that's more up to the players and how they interact with one another.  One needs a thick skin to play online games, period.  This is a fact of life.  I bet people who ask on public channels how to move around in Hello Kitty Island Adventure also get flamed by other people online.  A lot of people want a quick answer to a question they may have, without having to look for it themselves in the online documentation or whatever.  There also seem to be a lot of people in those same games who get quite irate when people seemingly aren't willing to look up information for themselves. ;)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2010, 05:32:16 PM »