Author Topic: I NEED HELP QUICK SKUZZY HELP  (Read 1177 times)

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
I NEED HELP QUICK SKUZZY HELP
« on: July 17, 2010, 08:32:27 PM »

HELP this has only just started to happen today everything was fine till around 1am UK Time  8pm US time

Im stuck never has ace's done this to me inaround 2 year's :(  :cry  :cry :cry :cry :cry

I need help SKUZZY HELP ME PLEASE  :cry :cry :cry  :pray :pray :pray

You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
Re: I NEED HELP QUICK SKUZZY HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 09:24:54 PM »
post the first 1/3 of your dxdiag bullet..

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 09:28:46 PM »
now thats crazy! how did you get the blackout edition of AH?
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:35:56 PM »
looks like a very unhappy video card.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 10:44:42 PM »
looks like a very unhappy video card.

Couldn't agree more. I have seen this before. But never with AH.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 06:47:58 AM »
Video card overheating or video RAM failing would manifest that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 07:40:24 AM »
What could he do to fix it? Replace the fan or check the heat sinks?
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 09:38:13 AM »
Check for dust clogs, make sure the fan is running, check to see if something is blocking air flow around the card.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 11:08:28 AM »
Check for dust clogs, make sure the fan is running, check to see if something is blocking air flow around the card.

All's Fine with the Card and fan running good. Im just trying to uninstall but it says could not find Hightech Creations folder please verify its existance.
So im re downloading the game to see if a reinstall fixes it :)

Will let you know the results :)

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 01:46:28 PM »

Ok problem Solved i found out what whent wrong and i shall post it here Skuzzy you may want to pass this onto Pyro And hitech. Ok so last night my Ace's went Crazy as you can see from the picture i posted last night. So after posting for help i Shut the Computer down for the night and started it up today again. And i got the normal loading up of ace's but there was a hidden catch. When i tried to go into an Arena after the loading bar on the page was finished screen went a bit funny and then it said that Ace's High II exe is not responding. So i deleted the entire game from my system and redownloaded it and installed it and now it works perfectly. ( Oh and if you do this dont put your Stick setting's back in the Folder as you would normally do. I did this and came up with the same problem again. ) So after another uninstall and reinstall it works like a charm :)

But here is the catch, Idownloaded the test version of Ace's and was trying it out. Very good may i add. But the catch is that my AntiVirus software detected a virus before i Had to uninstall the game today. And low and behold the virus was the Test version of Ace's High and thus my anti virus sofware Auto delleted it and every other bar a few version update exe files. And thus also damaged the Normal Ace's High II exe file thus thing's went wonky on me.

So Skuzzy i don't know if you would like to tell Hitech and Pyro about this as i could be a simple wee tweak they and you need to do.

My Anti Virus Software is Kaspersky Internet 2010 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010.

Iv had the software for around 6 and a half months with no problems till now with ace's.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »
Your anti-virus is giving false positives. Happens sometimes when they update the virus definition files. You might have to go in and tweak the settings in your anti-virus to stop the issue.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 04:54:39 PM »
Your anti-virus is giving false positives. Happens sometimes when they update the virus definition files. You might have to go in and tweak the settings in your anti-virus to stop the issue.

Yeh i had to allow it to let the Game through again. i thought i got rid o that when i moved away from Norton 360 :)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 04:59:59 PM »
not sure about anyone else.
but I make a dedicated "exclusion" rules for both my Firewalls and my Anti-Virus to overlook/bypass anything to do with aces High files, aces high folders, etc....... ( includes the aceshigh.exe, the .res, .hps, etc etc etc....... file types )

I use ESET Smart Security 4.... and even when the game updates it does not bother me about "re allowing access" at all...

YMMV......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 05:06:04 PM »
not sure about anyone else.
but I make a dedicated "exclusion" rules for both my Firewalls and my Anti-Virus to overlook/bypass anything to do with aces High files, aces high folders, etc....... ( includes the aceshigh.exe, the .res, .hps, etc etc etc....... file types )

I use ESET Smart Security 4.... and even when the game updates it does not bother me about "re allowing access" at all...

YMMV......

Yeh same here Ace's is the onlything i allow unlimeted access to my computer. it was all fine and dandy even with previous update's i havn't a clue what happened.  :headscratch: :headscratch: Maybe Ace's just wanted o holiday to rest and relax from over work /:lol  :rofl :rofl

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 05:09:18 PM »

I think gyrene nailed it....... was nothing to do with Aces High, it was your anti-virus program......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC