Author Topic: AoM Challenge  (Read 12053 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: AoM Challenge
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2010, 08:06:00 AM »
This is close to the heart of the matter, although both squads have great pilots in either arrangement.

I wonder if this thread will hit Page 25 before tracers exit their planes.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2010, 09:43:35 AM »
 :rofl  think we have gone full retard here....

good to see ya Rumble   :aok
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2010, 10:10:39 AM »
Popcorn.... Peanuts.....CottonCandy  get'em right hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2010, 11:10:26 AM »
:huh somewhere the subject of this thread got lost. :headscratch:

I like cheeseburgers.

mmmmmmmmm cheeseburgers.

nom nom nom nom nom

BTW, Ink (aka MORTIS, right?)

Lots of fun fights against you muppets the other night at A44.... outstanding fun.   :aok

But Grizz is still the Devil.  :furious

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:14:37 AM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2010, 11:15:17 AM »
Actually if you boil all this down to basics it seems AOM reckon DFC will give AOM a beating 6v6 and DFC reckon AOM will give them a kicking 10 v10.

I wonder if anyone can see a pottential compromise here in the spirit of arrangeing a fun ongoing tournament without anyone having to repeatedly get out of their pram  ;)

Anyway enough of this idle specualtion I have casual; GVing to attend to  :neener:  

:D :D :D To show how serious this all is.

Not at all, the intent for wanting it to be 8 or more guys is to make sure the fights are representative of the two squadrons.  A squadron is group of 32 pilots (In the few's case it is a bit more), and the duels should be a representation of squadron strength, not Bruv, Kazaa, and Drbone vs Kappa, grizz, sunsfan, etc.  AoM challenged The Few DFC, so that's what the fight should be.  6v6 isn't terribly low, but then again, it isn't very representative of actual squadron strength either.  Don't get me wrong, you guys are incredibly talented at the top, but that isn't the point.  What I find to be humorous is The Few wanting to limit the pilots that fight, as if they don't want some of their members to participate.  The Muppets will put up any member to fight these fights.  I guess its just a confidence we have in all of our guys, call it what you will.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2010, 11:26:11 AM »
what a freaking hilarious thread to see, read, skip through, bust a gut laughing at......

have at it all you mighty terrors of those cartoon skies........ of Aces High DA land......  :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »
Come on Grizz, I've replied to this jargun in a previous post.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2010, 11:30:03 AM »
We made the challenge, we set the terms of the challenge. It is up to The Few to accept or decline.  Period.  

We left plenty of other parameters up for negotiation but we would like to maintain the requirement for the number of participants.  In addition to the reasons that Grizz mentioned, another reason we want to keep the numbers high is because we would like to include as many of our people as possible without making distinctions between who is "qualified" and who isn't.  That just causes problems among members and we Muppets are always in perfect harmony and strive to maintain our harmony at every juncture. :D
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2010, 11:36:29 AM »
 :x

GIG EM!

:salute
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2010, 11:47:49 AM »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2010, 11:58:57 AM »
Is there a reason why you guys won't fight us with 6 ?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2010, 12:05:15 PM »
Grizz answered your question with his first reply today.  He doesn't consider 6v6 a true "squadron representation". 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2010, 12:12:02 PM »
Just out of curiousity.  Any reason this wasn't done via PM to begin with?  It sure seems to have become much more of a "look at me!" thread, then anything else.

If this was really about wanting to test the 'best' of each squad against each other, it could have been handled much differently
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2010, 12:15:19 PM »
Just out of curiousity.  Any reason this wasn't done via PM to begin with?  It sure seems to have become much more of a "look at me!" thread, then anything else.

If this was really about wanting to test the 'best' of each squad against each other, it could have been handled much differently

Please refer to Man Law #119 in the official Man Law Bible stating that "All challenges regarding manhood shall be made in public venue."  It validates the challenge, does it not?  :aok

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2010, 12:16:25 PM »
basically AoM is asking Dfc if they are down with OPP..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27